“C'mon man!” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #30 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
“C'mon man!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

SPG Gold Member

Originally booked two nights with points, but after seeing the reviews here, I cancelled the second night even though I'd be paying cash to stay elsewhere. It was the right decision.

Hotel just wasn't right from the get-go.

Advice to the hotel staff: Put a picture of your shuttle van, on your WEBSITE, and make it easy to see - put instructions clearly stating go to GROUND TRANSPORTATION on the bottom floor and walk to S5.

My expectations were lowered a bit once I saw the plaque on the left of the check-in counter stating that it is an indepentely owned/run property.

Check-in agent makes no mention about SPG amenities, which I didn't bring up at this point.

Room was very poorly lit, and no charging plugs anywhere near the bed.

Woke up, courtesy of housekeeping assaulting the door at 9-10 AM (checkout wasn't till 12 PM). It wasn't there fault as I should have been asked regarding a possible late checkout for an SPG member - as they do most SPG hotels I go to.

The positives were two free Aquafina water bottles, a robe, the heat worked, and everything was clean.

Unfortunately, the final outcome matched the previous reviews, it is average. If paying with points, it is definitely reasonable.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Montreal
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014

The airline put me there for one night because of a delayed flight. It took forever for the shuttle to arrive. And then the driver kept asking which Four Points we were going to. I had no clue, our voucher just said FOUR POINTS MISSISSAUGA. Shouldn't he know that if we have a voucher, which hotel we're going to?
When I got there, they had been painting some walls and the smell was horrible. Very very strong. I know they can't help paint at one point but they should have done something to help the smell go away faster. You couldn't stay in the lobby, it was that strong.
My room was fine but the heating was horrible. It was either cold or hot, never in between. And very noisy when it started.
The water pressure in the shower was a joke. Really, it can't much worse than that.
The restaurant was closed from 2 to 5pm. But there are no restaurants around the hotel if you haven't eaten since 6am, like me, you're stuck waiting with no options at all. I think they should at least sell a few things to eat at the bar all day.
The area was very depressing, an industrial part of town...
And when I finally ate at the restaurant, the food was bad. And I'm not difficult at all, I'm ok with 99% of whatever food you'll give me. But this was a horrible sandwich.
I had meal vouchers. I was told that I could use both dinner and breakfast vouchers together, which I did for dinner, so it covered the whole dinner. At check out, they asked me to pay about 5.00$ for the restaurant, I said no, that I had used both my vouchers. The guy said ok. But the charge still appeared on my credit card! So overall a bad experience. And believe me, I usually don't complain about anything, I'm very flexible. Let's just say I'm glad I didn't pay for this room! I will never go back there again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Jamie K, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Toronto Mississauga, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Thank you for taking a moment to share your recent experience with us. On behalf of our entire staff at Four Points Toronto Mississauga, we apologize that your stay did not meet expectations. Please know that we are taking your feedback and working towards improving the hotel experience for future guests. Thank you, again!
Tagaytay, Philippines
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

I stayed at the Four Points by Sheraton (on Dixie rd) twice, the first time in Nov 2013, they couldn’t find my reservation but they were very diligent and solved it quickly. The second time in Jan 2014, it was a disaster, I have never experience such bad service.

Midnight and a lovely weather of -40 degrees. Called the airport to find out when the shuttle bus was going to be there, they said 5 to 10 mins so I rushed out and waited for about 40 mins, walked back in and got someone from the airport call them, they said again it was going to be 5 mins, rushed out again, and guess what… another 40 mins and I was just freezing, so I went back in, they called the hotel again, this time they said the shuttle was going to take 20 mins, so I took a cab.

When I finally got to the hotel they told me the shuttle had been there like 5 times already and I must have missed it, my face was purple, he pretty much called me a liar and was very rude, he also refused to refund what I had to pay for the cab, gave me a “complimentary breakfast” voucher and that was it, I had 3 hours left to sleep and had to go to the airport early so I left it like that and asked him to schedule a wakeup call at 6am.

They didn’t do the wakeup call. When I went and asked him he said he scheduled it as I requested so who knows what happened…

I would like to add that the rooms seem clean and the beds are comfortable, but the heating system is very loud, the hotel is not very close to the airport and as you can tell from my experience, the shuttle service is terrible. While I was waiting out there, the shuttle service for the other Four Points by Sheraton located on Airport Rd showed up about 4 or 5 times, and they refused to drive me saying I had to wait for the one that was going to Dixie Rd.
With the weather and all I had a very complicated itinerary and this definitively made things worse, I will never stay at this place again, there are much more convenient options closer to the airport.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for bringing your recent shuttle experience to our attention. We have taken your feedback and are working on enhancing our shuttle service to ensure that situations such as yours do not occur. If your travels bring you back to the area in the future, we hope that you will give us another chance.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2013

We stayed at First Points by Sheraton at Dixie Road during the power outage in Toronto. Room was very nice, modern, clean with spacial shower. Bed was very comfortable with nice linens. Room service was extremely professional and the food was very good. There was only one thing: heating (HVAC) was quite loud. Now, to be fear, this is definitely not the first hotel with loud AC or heating. However, this one was loud at the starting point, which kept waking us up. By no means do I discourage staying at this hotel! However, I do recommend light sleepers to bring a pair of the ear plugs. Other than that our stay was great!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank yferrum
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed in a few different "Four Points" with mixed results, but this one hit the mark. The bed was soft (usually I prefer a firm mattress) but had a lot of back support. Both my wife and I slept very well. Location is so so for the airport or downtown, but worked well for us as we headed west in the morning and avoided traffic. The property is in good condition, and everything seemed updated and well-maintained.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank marcusaurelius113
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

We stayed at this hotel because of the location and we were very happy. The room was great and the service we received from the front desk agent shernaz was wonderful. She was working alone and was friendly and efficient and helpful. She helped us figure out where we could go for a nice evening out while juggling checking people in and out. The shuttle service was fast and efficient.
We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jamie K, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Toronto Mississauga, responded to this review, November 30, 2013
Thank you for staying with Four Points Toronto Mississauga while visiting the area. We are happy to hear that you had an enjoyable experience at the front desk. If your travels bring you to the area in the future, we would love to see you again! Take care!
San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

Nothing to complain about at this hotel! Our two nights nights here were very pleasant, as the hotel was very much the typical Four-Points or Courtyard type of place: very modern, colorful facilities that are very welcoming. The same goes for the rooms, which were modern, comfortable, clean, and in good shape.

Although the building is not as new as its interior, even the pool was well kept. The restaurant was brand new and modern, and offered very good food at prices that where reasonable for a hotel restaurant. The lady serving us the breakfast was outstandingly friendly and offered breakfast outside the designated time slot without any hesitation. Not least due to her attitude, we were sad to leave.

Stayed November 2013