“went for a training course”

Four Points by Sheraton Toronto Mississauga
Ranked #25 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I was at this hotel in 2012 late February . The training course I had taken had already pre-booked this hotel All in all , not a bad hotel. Free shuttle to and from Pearson airport which was nice. The meals they had prepared for our group at the training course , were very good.! The only thing I could not figure out how to shut off was the a/c . Seemed like it was always on. Even in late February. The location is not ideal for walking to any restaurants , etc. Not much is nearby. Otherwise a decent hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Jamie K, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Toronto Mississauga, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

We truly appreciate that you have taken the time to leave us a review. Our team is happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. Take care!

Reviewed October 28, 2013

I booked this hotel for a business trip layover through another parties website (not 4P or Sheraton). It said it was close to the airport. Once I arrived at the airport, I had to call for a shuttle, and was told approx 20min wait. Not ideal, but ok. Shuttle came on time in 20mins, and off we went... and kept going! I re-checked the SPG App on my iphone, and it clearly showed the correct address of 6090 being 1.6klms from the airport! It was more like 10-15klms. Not impressed at all. Very far out, on the highway, and had concerns for traffic the next morning getting back to the airport on time. The shuttle to the airport runs every 40mins, so there are huge time gaps to wait.

The shuttle driver talked on his cell phone (illegal!) almost the whole time. When he dropped me off, he actually asked "you going to tip me?". The check in staff were nice enough, however, tried to brush off my concerns that the SPG website says this hotel is 1.6klms from the airport. Got my room on the 4th floor.

The hotel is located in a more remote area, I arrived in the dark, around 9pm, and wouldn't walk outside. There were a couple fast food joints in the area, along with another hotel, but other than that, very industrial.

The room is nice enough, with great amenities. The bed was FANTASTIC!! The plumbing and heating however, won't let you get much sleep. I had to close the bathroom door to drown out the piping noise from other rooms. Also, my toilet didn't flush. But I didn't find this out until 04:30. Too late to switch rooms. The shower is very nice, a large walk in, and the bathroom has been nicely renovated, and was clean.

Overall, I wouldn't stay here again. The problems with the distance from the airport, the noise, the shuttle service are too much when there are many more options way closer to the airport.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank diesel1129
Jamie K, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Toronto Mississauga, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Thank you kindly for taking the time to leave us a review in regards to your recent stay. We truly appreciate you bringing the distance from the airport to our attention. Our team has updated the distance on the SPG application and our website to reflect the driving distance opposed to the physical distance. If your travels bring you to the Mississauga area in the future, we would love for you to give us another chance. Take care!

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Decided to stay at the Sheraton in Mississauga due to there was no fee to park at the hotel and SPG was offering a special on hotel rates on day two of the stay. Had a great time at hotel. Front desk staff wer e very informed of what was going on in Mississauga and Toronto. Actually Mississauga is larger than most US cities..the front desk told me about a festival that weekend and the mall was next door. Also there are plenty of restaurants and shopping plazas nearby..two that I can think of that I went to.The hotel has a restaurant but it's not open very late and there was a gift shop in the lobby which came in handy on our departure day. Also for people coming from US I received a bill 2 months later for the expressway toll road going to Toronto...I think the bill is $29.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

Room was very clean and quiet although close to the airport. Great need and bathroom. Not many restaurants close and the location is not good for city commute. I would stay there again since it was so clean.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank rjb1122
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We just returned from a flight away and stayed at this hotel for the first time. Two nights, one at the beginning of our flight and the other at the end of the trip. First of all, the hotel is not alone in this more industrial area of the city..the Best Western Airport Hotel is just down the road. We were very pleased with both of our stays. The room, although smaller than what we are used to, was decorated very nicely and had a lovely king size bed. The bed was extremely comfortable and the bedding was to die (or sleep) for!! I wish I knew where I could get it!
Check in was very friendly both times and quick. We are always abit nervous about the shuttle getting us to the airport on time and whether we would be able to get on it (too crowded). We've had this experience twice before at other hotels when needing to catch a flight and had to get a taxi instead to get to the airport on time. Not so this hotel. They actually book you for the shuttle and write your name down, so you are insured of a seat at the right time. We had read some reviews that the return shuttle trip (from airport to hotel) was not very quick and since we were returning at 11:15 pm we were worried how long we would have to wait. Expressed these concerns and were reassured they would definitely come at that hour, no more than 20 min wait. We called from the airport, went to the post they told us to, and the shuttle was actually there in about 10 minutes. Probably the fastest of ANY shuttle we have taken from the airport to any hotel. Checkin was really fast and we were in bed before midnight.

We paid for these two nights with Aeroplan MIles and sometimes our experience is not the best room when using these rewards. But our rooms and the service were just fine, and I would recommend the hotel for sure. My only concern was the distance from the airport. Since the drive goes onto the 401 for a abit, we worried what would happen if there was an accident or something to hold up traffic (and hence our ride to the airport).

Room, bathroom and hotel hallway were quite clean.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Together with some Friends, we have been there for 2 Nights at this Four Points. Friendly welcomed at Check In and the Staff was friendly to the Guests. We have to say, that there was all very clean and comfortable. Especially it was good at the Breakfast - great!!! We also have been two Times in the Restaurant and it was good and a friendly Service there!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Jamie K, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Toronto Mississauga, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Thank you kindly for leaving us a review in regards to your recent stay with Four Points by Sheraton Toronto Mississauga. Our team is happy to hear that you had an enjoyable time with your friends. Take care!

Reviewed August 28, 2013

A group of us had a block of rooms for business for a month at this property. We were all of the opinion that the service could not have been better from the desk and management staff. Sarah at the front desk and Charmaign in housekeeping were fantastic and I hope are recognized for their excellent guest services provided. I do not know the names of the others but we were always welcomed with a smile and our needs tended with excellence. The only complaint we could have would be with the restaurant. I believe they will be getting the service up to par with more attentive service. Overall great stay!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business