Four Points by Sheraton Toronto Mississauga
Ranked #29 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Reviewed March 7, 2012

I travel to Toronto semi-regularly for work. I have stay in a lot of hotels near the airport trying to find the perfect one for me. This one is not even close.

Shuttle / Location - The shuttle takes 30+ minutes from the time you call the hotel. The hotel is not walking distance to anywhere to eat or shop at all.

Restaurant / Bar - this trip the restaurant had a sign advertising craft beers. They were out of, or had none of any of the darker beers. My food was overcooked almost to the point of being sent back. Making steamed veggies into mush is disappointing. The waitress could not pour a beer and gave me 3" of head.

Bed - Above average. I was overjoyed to see very high quality bedding and had a great sleep.

Room - Just average. Nothing at all to make it stand out. My AC fan was rubbing and making an intolerable noise so i shut it off. Temperature remained fine.

Gym / pool - the pool was adequate. The "gym" is just a cardio room.

Overall - I need a place with good food or access to good food, a good gym with weightlifting machines and fast airport shuttles. I will not ever stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
fpmississauga, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Toronto Mississauga, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2012

Dear Guest,

Sorry to hear that the location did not suit needs, We provide free shuttle service for our guest for convenience. Our Hotel is located ten minutes form the airport and also the closed hotel all the Mississauga shopping Malls, but none are walking Distance. sorry we did not meet your expectations this time.

Best Regards!

Errol Gilhooly

There are newer reviews for Four Points by Sheraton Toronto Mississauga

Reviewed February 25, 2012

I just got back from this place and it just okay. The room was not bad and the bed was very comfortable. I found quite a bit of dirt at the night stand and a mostly empty bottle of juice of juice in the mini fridge, so the cleaning staff if not the best. I was surprised that the breakfast was not included as they do not have a restraunt on site. They just setup a buffet similar to what is at Residence Inn, except it was $16. If I have to go back to the area I would return to Four Points if the Marriott was unavailable

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed February 23, 2012

This a convenient location,close to the airport and 401. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. My only complaint was poor tv channels and so-so reception. Very limited channels, no on screen guide, no movies. It is not on cable I guess. I would stay again but will bring a book. Free parking and WiFi.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 8, 2012

We stayed there on the 18th of Jan, 2012 before flying out of Toronto airport the next morning. The airport is only a 10 min drive on unhurried Derry road/airport road or a couple of min. less via the 401 highway. Check in was smooth and received an upgrade as I am a member of Starwood loyalty program even though I was not a gold member. The parking was free. If you stay at the four points at the airport you will be charged $12 for parking per night unless you get a package.
The room was modern and clean with a large stand alone shower with upgraded amenities and HD television. Free 2 bottles of water and a mini fridge was appreciated
The room service was efficient in less than 30min. with excellent Brochette, Chicken Parmesan, house salad and cheese cake. The soda machine had Coke products and water.
The only quirk that is a Starwood problem not the hotel directly is I received an e-mail 1 week before our arrival to ask me to accept an offer of a $20 upgrade to a suite which when I called the hotel within 5 min, was told ttey were busy and only have one suite left and cannot offer to me. So I let Starwood know what I thought of their promotion.
We will definitely stay here again

Room Tip: Get a room facing the parking lot(back) not the highway. The food from room service is good quality...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ZingerOntario
Reviewed January 27, 2012

I have stayed at this property many times over the last 2 months. The rooms are nice, comfy, quiet IF you book a room that does not face Dixie Road. Just this week I had a room next to the elevators, and I did not hear them at all. Friendly, helpful staff. A few issues that I have noticed: the wireless connection does not have sufficient bandwidth and it will show during the evening. I noticed the soap holder missing in the shower one day, reported it and is was never fixed over the next 3 days. Other than that, go ahead! You will enjoy your stay.

Room Tip: Do not pick a room facing Dixie Road
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 24, 2012

I recently stayed here when flying out of the Toronto airport. I got the parking package where you can park your vehicle for up to 10 days, included in the price of a one-night stay with a free shuttle to the airport and back. It worked out very well! The shuttle was on time and not crowded, and the car was safe for the duration of my vacation. It was a great rate, and I would definitely take advantage of this offer again.

The room itself was very clean, and surprisingly well appointed. I was very impressed with the extras, including free bottles of water, Tazo teas, Scope mouthwash, etc. The room and furnishings looked new, with a fresh design and palette. The bed was extremely comfortable, as were the pillows. The heating system did not receive the same upgrade as the furnishings, and it was a bit loud, but it heated the room well and was not disruptive for sleep. I found the hotel staff to be pleasant and accommodating.

The only thing to note: there are two Four Points by the airport. When you are getting a shuttle, make sure you are on the one for Dixie Rd. I saw a few people make this mistake.

Room Tip: Rear-facing rooms are much quieter since they don't have the street traffic noise.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 14, 2012

We recently stayed at the Four Points Sheraton, on 6090 Dixie Road, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada. First we always stay at this property, even though we had problems with them in the past. As they went thru renovations and the shuttle service to the airport is great, never any lineups.
In November 2011, we stayed and after arriving at 3 am, the room assigned was not cleaned and had to go and get another room assigned to us. At front desk all they said was oh, sorry, we will give you another room. Nothing more, in the morning for breakfast, they had a buffet. But they were not adding any fresh food, so decided to order from the menu. Well, the hashbrowns, bacon, were taken from the buffet. The eggs were not fresh eggs, the scrambled eggs tasted like box eggs if there is such a thing.

We then had another vacation booked, and booked to stay at this same property. We cancelled the room as we got flights to and from Sudbury and did not require a nights stay in Mississauga. This was cancelled in time and still they charged my credit card. This was never cleared up after they asked me to fax everything to them.

Overall, the property was recently renovated, but since a new Manager has taken over, the service has gone down hill. Very surprising for a hotel in Toronto, Ontario.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple