“Bedbug and bad attitude”

Mississauga Inn & Suites
Ranked #51 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Reviewed August 13, 2013

After waking up with multiple bites, I found and trapped a bedbug on my first night there. Older desk clerk told me "We don't have bedbugs in our hotel and never have." When I showed him the trapped critter in the room's plastic glass, he repeated his claim!! I told him he was obviously mistaken and all he did was stare back at me. I asked to speak to the manager and was told he was "unavailable" but that he would "get back to me". Over the next three days no attempt was made to contact me or even apologize for the itchy allergic reaction I had to the bites. (Carry Benadryl-it works the best against bedbug bites.) They did give me a new room that did not seem to have any bedbugs.
Other than the bedbug and bad attitude- the WiFi is adequate, the breakfast sucks, the cleaning staff was a little noisy early in the morning and did a so-so job in the rooms. It's a LONG way from Toronto with a bumper-to-bumper commute into the city.

Room Tip: Get a room AWAY from the Erin Mills Rd. side of the hotel. First floor rooms have sliding doors to...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
9  Thank Steve R

Reviewed August 7, 2013

I stayed one night in Comfort Inn Meadowvale because it was conveniently located near the place I had to work, I took the "business" room. Old beige brown style but very clean, comfortable bed, a table and chair to work, good AC and fast and free internet. Did not try the breakfast (included). I will definitely go back again on my next trip, I stayed in hotels much more expensive in the area without the same value.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank JACK2011
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Made advance purchase reservations weeks before our cross country trip, and this was one of many. Our credit card showed the charges and we were confident that all rooms along our route were taken care of. Imagine our surprise when we checked out and were told that this room was double the amount we'd seen on our card weeks before. When we questioned it we were told that the rate I had printed on the confirmation email was for and advance purchse which I told them I did - the manager said if I had a problem to "take it up with corporate". I called customer service and apparently the original confirmed reservation was refused so they refunded the difference - but the horrible way we were treated at this establishment was inexcusable.

We were booked for 2 nights and when we checked-in we inquired about the train station - the front desk staff pointed out the front window and said we could walk down "that road" and we'd get to it. It was Sunday afternoon and we didn't know the train doesn't run so we ended up paying over $30 to take a round trip bus ride into Toronto - it would have been nice if they would have let us know as we would have taken our car and paid less in parking fees. On the second day when we returned to our room late in the evening after spending another day in and around town and in Toronto and our room was not serviced at all. We were too tired after a long day to complain..........in hindsight maybe we should have insisted. The room was nice and the breakfast area was well attended to but the service we received was probably the worst we've ever encountered in 35 years of travel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank TNGal08
Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

Friendly staff, clean room, good breakfast,air condition in our room was little loud , anyway , it did cool the room good.in the morning at check out we had help with our luggage , thank you.
will stay again, next time when visit Mississauga.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank voveda
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Room size was decent, the a/c worked well, internet was fast. Stay was super friendly, and helpful. Breakfast was good. Housekeeping did as good job cleaning the room, the room was always clean with fresh towels when we came back.
Location is good.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ken L
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Always like staying here. Management is magnificent, Front Desk Staff are friendly, Housekeepers are hilariously funny but respectful. All in all, great hotel family they have. Breakfast has definitely changed over the years, gets better every time I stay. Free wifi in the room where most places charge $10+, so that's a bonus. I like staying on second floor but have stayed on first floor and is just as nice. Everything I need is all in walking distance so I can save on gas. I must complain about the man who stalks you during breakfast, not sure if he works there or not? but totally made me uncomfortable. Red Head Front Desk agent is a gem in this place, always helps out the guests with whatever is needed. I rate that employee as a 10+++ for she has always came threw for me.

I should also mention, over the last year of coming here they have made changes to the hotels decor and have made many improvements to the property. I had the opportunity to stay in the room with a newly renovated bathroom and it was VERY modern and a bathroom you would want in your own home... from what I was told by Front Desk that the plan is to renovate all bathrooms to match the one I stayed in. Hotel will be a 5+ star hit in no time.

All in all, pleasant place to stay.
5 stars from me.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Keith C
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I needed a hotel for few nights because my grandson was having surgery at Credit Valley Hospital. I therefore went on line and from the reviews was satisfied that this hotel would do me fine as far as cleanliness etc so I reserved my room. The room had two beds in it, no problem, except the one that luckily I had not chosen to sleep in had already been slept in, there were hairs under the many pillows and it did not smell fresh. There were far too many little lumpy pillows. The room itself was not clean as it should be stains on carpet dirt in corners and around toilet. Two ants were crawling on the counter! Probably came in on a dog. It did not smell fresh and clean like a hotel should. It was more along the lines of a motel privately owned. I am not usually this upset if I make a poor choice, what erates me the most is that there were so many decent reviews..people don't you know there are nice hotels out there,I don't think this is one of them.

Room Tip: This hotel accepts dogs and cats in the rooms, so be sure to ask for a room that does not have anima...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo