WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Comfort Inn Meadowvale Mississauga

Comfort Inn Meadowvale Mississauga
Ranked #50 of 61 Hotels in Mississauga
Mississauga, Canada
“A nice cozy place to sleep”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

I think it's a good place to stay with a cheaper price. The room was nice and warm and so was the breakfast. I really enjoyed my stay there. I recommend this hotel if anyone is looking for a nice sleep for a lot less money.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Edgar G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

American Airlines stuck me here due to mechanical issues.

The hotel was tired at best and in need of a refresh, I should have trusted my instincts and headed back to the bench in the airport.

I woke a few hours later covered in itchy, red welts from some sort of insect. I was informed by the Manager that it must have come from the plane as their inspection of the room indicated there was no bugs.

Rude Management and highly suspect facilities make this a DO NOT stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
7 Thank Brad M
Dhaka
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

Very poor choice. Don’t go to this place…EVER. My family, friends, and I drove all the way from Boston and arrived at around 10 am in the morning. When I tried to check in, I was told that I have to pay extra for an early check in at 10. AM. Apparently the motels normal check in is at 3 pm. And how much is the extra charge, $80 dollar per room.

Anyway, we are too tired from the long drive I check in with the hope that the manager will reconsider. During the next 3 days, I don’t see the hair or the hide of the manager. I call him, I email him. No response. And the desk manager says he has no authority to do anything.

Service: All staff are overly loud. Too much shouting and arguing between staff. The rooms are very dated and smelly. The sheets old and soiled. No change is offered.

At night, the police move in for a raid. Apparently some unsocial things are going on in the Motel. Again lots of shouting and protestation. Police arrest some people. Still no sign of the manager. Apparently he is enjoying the Canadian Family Day. More shouting in the morning.

To sum up, I was absolutely disgusted. The most unhelpful staff, (all Indians) I have ever seen in a Motel. They have extra charge for everything. The Motel will offer coffee all day, but the creamers and sugar are locked. You have to pay to get them. Pathetic. The only reason I did not change hotel was we were out most of the day.

Oh, did I tell you about my early check in charge. I had to pay $100 for two rooms after the manager graciously agreed to reduce it by $30. What an awful experience.

Rafiqul Islam
Boston, USA

Room Tip: Dont take ground floor. Too much noise, and shouting. Avoid this hotel altogether if you can.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank DhakaTraveller
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

Not too expensive, and not shabby. I am financially conscious, so this was the perfect for my needs. The hotel is close to a bunch of restaurants. The room was nice.
Staff was friendly, checking in was a quick process.
There was free internet and coffee. Breakfast is also included in the price of the room.
I loved the hotel, great bargain. I will be coming back here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank RDavenport78
Montreal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

Staff was friendly. I requested a room on the ground floor, and was able to park in front of my room. Room was nice with everything you would need and expect. I got a good night sleep, and woke up rested. The complimentary breakfast was delicious.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Shawn D
Ottawa, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

I normally check online before booking my hotels, but we had to stay in Mississauga, and since I'm a Choice Privileges Member, checked in here without reading reviews first - BIG MISTAKE !
This place is an outrage !
My room had not been thoroughly cleaned in months, if not years. The room smelled awful, and the bathroom was disgusting. Old tiles & yellowed grout, with all sorts of stains on bathroom door, ceiling, shower curtain, etc... hairs in the tub and on two of the towels... absolutely unacceptable.
Carpet was not vaccumed (found that out comiing out of the shower walking barefoot) and I had stains on the bedspread & on the office chair (see photo). It's obvious there's no pride of ownership here and they simply don't seem to care about the conditions of their rooms.
Two MAJOR things to report as well:
1- After reading quite a few reviews here about internet trouble, I can also attest that it's an issue here. We couldn't connect from 4pm to 11:30pm. The front desk clerk told me the local company was working on the lines, but it honestly sounded like he was used to this happening, and judging from the reviews, it's a common occurence here.
2- No vending machines. If you want a drink, or some snacks, the hotel has some at the front desk with prices that are so inflated, it's ridiculous ! ($3 for a soft drink can, $8 for a large bag of chips).
Stay away from this place.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Stephan S
Medicine Hat, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

We stayed one night in February 2012. This hotel leaves much to be desired in the cleanliness department. The hotel interior looks worn and in need of updated decor. In our room, the carpets were quite unclean. The coffee maker had not been tended to... it had mouldy grounds still in the pot.Mississauga has lots of choices in hotels so keep driving.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family