“Spend a little more” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #17 of 62 Hotels in Mississauga
Ont.CA
“Spend a little more”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2009

I have stayed in many hotels around Toronto airport and all have been better. The staff is friendly and helpful but the hotel is not the best, no elevators so be prepared to carry your luggage if your on the second floor, hallways smelled, hotel grounds dirty, rooms are fairly decent, Never ate in the restaurants so I can't commend on them. Location and shuttle service good. This hotel is old and needs work . Next time I'll spend a little more for a better hotel.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (296)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2009

This was my second stay at this hotel prior to a vacation out of Pearson airport. The price is the best around to include parking. It is also one of few hotels with a 24 hour shuttle. The food at the pub is good, we made use of the Business Center to print a revised travel itinerary and there was no charge for anything. The hotel decor is a little dated, but we are usually only there just to catch a few hours sleep and park for the week. I've left my vehicle for two weeks straight there without incident. I will continue to stay here on my next trip.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2009

We travel every year and stay at one of the Toronto airport hotels either pre or post trip, or sometimes both depending on our departure and arrival times. We always check out the rates for a dozen or so different hotels that offer accomodations and parking. This time the Econo Lodge came in the most reasonable. On our departure day we checked in to the hotel, parked (Had to leave vehicle keys. First time for that ??) and took the shuttle to the airport (so far so good). The nightmare began upon our arrival back in Toronto. We got through customs, called the hotel for the shuttle bus at 3:30 am and waited 45 minutes for the shuttle bus (the hotel is across the street less than 1 km away). Checked into our room and were in bed by 4:30 am. At 8:00 am we were awoken by a bunch of loud and obnoxous people in the hallway (laughing, yelling back & forth at each other...etc). I thought it would pass and tried to get back to sleep. Withought any luck I finally got up to find out what the racket was and found we were across the hall from the maids prep room. There were several maids in the room and in the hallway carrying on like they were at a company party as they had no respect for any of the guests staying in that wing of the hotel. I had to call the front desk to have someone tell them to shut up. It took about another 30 minutes until all of the chatter was done. By then it was too late, we were up and preparing for our ride home. We were quite upset over the whole experience and left withought trying the complimentary breakfast buffet. Like I mentioned earlier the Econo Lodge's rate was reasonable but our stay lasted less than 5 hours.
Note: If you ever have the urge to stay there ask for a room as far away from room 119 as possible. Hopefully you will have a more pleasurable experience.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Cleaning Staff
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
windsor
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2008

I stayed at this hotel in October and I must say I was very impressed. The front desk staff were very helpfull and one agent even helped me find directions to downtown Toronto. The rooms seems newly renovated and I even had a flat screen t.v. The lobby is very warm and welcoming. I would choose this hotel over any big chain hotel and recommend it to all my friends.

• Liked — the service/location
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2008

I stayed here in November with my daughter and had no issues whatsoever. We obviously had a non smoking room. I stayed here in June with the rest of the family in a "non" smoking room, however it must have been a smoking room at some point. It was renovated, but the smell was still there and remained even after your nose got used to it. We checked in late, and persevered with it because my children were already asleep. If you are a light sleeper, or go to be early, then you may want to reconsider this hotel. This hotel is very close to the airport, so you can clearly hear the planes flying above to land. The shuttle was available and ready both times at 4:00 am. This is a great stop over hotel and reasonably priced.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Smelly Room
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
Toronto
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2008

Stayed at the hotel in early April for a fly and park for a week deal. Tried to book through internet but was not able as rates jump 25% when parking was required. Room was adequate for price paid but breakfast "included" starts at 6:00am so if flight is earlier you are out of luck. Shuttle worked well to airport. Upon return we noted that gas tank was virtually empty in our Caravan. We left with over half a tank and the mileage was unchanged. (do not have a locking gas cap unfortunately). Contacted the hotel and asked to speak with manager. I was asked what it was concerning and when I explained there was a long delay and manager would not come on phone, (obviously not important enough). Eventually sales and marketing manager Q took the call. Very apologetic and offered an undisclosed discount if we stayed at hotel again. Advised that gas theft was not their responsibility and in fact the waiver we signed to leave vehicle at hotel covers this in the fine print. Also advised that gas theft had never happened before. Very displeased with result for a national chain and would never stay at hotel again.

Stayed April 2008
Moncton, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2008

We stayed here for quick stopover through Toronto.

It is only 10 minutes from the airport.
Once we arrived at the airport, I called for a pick up, however it took about 20minutes.

They run shuttles every hour on the hour to dorp you at the airport but will pick you up when you call them. The following morning we took the shuttle at 5:30am, with no issues. We didn't have to wait till 6am.

On the return trip home, we also stayed at this hotel. This time the shuttle came within 10 minutes.

They also offer a continental breakfast. We did not try it because it is only served at 6:30am and we left early that day.

The room was clean but the bed was not comfortable. Very hard bed with hardly any pillow.

For the price, this hotel is a good deal. I would not stay here more then 2 days due to the comfort of the beds.

• Liked — Free Shuttle, proximity to airport
  • Disliked — The comfort of the bed and pillow.
  • Stayed February 2008