“Nice Place, Nice Faces and Friendly People I didn't even see!!”

Comfort Inn Toronto Airport
Ranked #18 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Ottawa, Canada
“Nice Place, Nice Faces and Friendly People I didn't even see!!”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

My wife and I stayed over one night at the Comfort Inn Toronto Airport. We're from Ottawa and we had a flight from Pearson around 6 the next morning, so we had to be at the airport by 3 or 3:30. Besides being very convenient, the Sleep and Park deal is a very good value.

Right after I reserved, I had the pleasant surprise to receive a personal (from her Blackberry) eMail from Ziva, the sales manager, thanking me for my reservation. That's a first for me!

Check-in was a breeze, desk staff was very friendly and didn't hesitate to recommend other places for dinner, even if there are a couple of restaurants/pub where we could have eaten right there in the building.

The room was nice and clean, but you mustn't expect Louis XIV furniture with plenty of storage space in a hotel where the overwhelming majority of clients are there for a one night stopover. The bathroom was very clean and well-stocked in linen. The mattress was very comfortable, along with plenty of pillows with different levels of firmness. That's more than enough for me

Although I was told the shuttle left every hour on the hour, I saw it going back and forth at all times! Upon arrival the following week when I called from the terminal for the shuttle, the front desk agent told me 'Welcome Back'. I particularly notice and appreciate those little attentions.

Definitely a repeat the next time I fly out of YYZ!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
ComfortTO, General Manager at Comfort Inn Toronto Airport, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thank-you for staying with and for taking the time to share your experience.

I am so glad to hear that you had a great experience with our guest service staff and were happy with our new bedding (including firm and soft pillows), shuttle service and location to the airport.

I am delighted to hear that you will be returning in the future, and I am looking forward to seeing you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (303)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Ziva and her staff especially Faraday from housekeeping do everything in their power to make your stay more than comfortable. During the flood of July 2103 the whole staff were exceptional at helping to get us through everything. The restaurant attached is clean and friendly and reasonably priced

Room Tip: There is no elevator to the second floor
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank-you for your review and kind understanding regarding the chaos that swept through Toronto at the beginning of July. As you know, we were blindsided by fierce rain storm that cause massive flooding and power outages in the area. Our staff worked super hard to accommodate our guests that were stuck in the rain and I am happy to hear that this effort did not go unnoticed.

I have passed along your kind words to Ziva and Faridan and both are appreciative of your comments.

I hope that we will see you again in the future.
Stirling
Reviewed July 30, 2013

If flying out of Pearson this is the place to stay. It offers Park & Fly and a shuttle service directly to the airport included in their price. So... convenient. Would not stay any where else. Excellent service and helpful and pleasant staff. Offers a start up express breakfast and the rooms are clean and comfortable.

1 Thank Holly154981
ComfortTO, General Manager at Comfort Inn Toronto Airport, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
I wanted to thank-you for taking the time to share your experience with our hotel. I am happy to hear that you were happy with our helpful and pleasant staff, and clean and comfortable rooms.

I am also delighted to hear that you were able to use our "stay and fly" package option. This is an extremely popular package, which includes the overnight stay and extended parking. I hope that you are blessed with a vacation in the near future and that you use our hotel as your stop over choice.
Mount Pearl, Canada
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We stayed there in May,excellent service,really close to airport,awesome breakfast in the morning.The shuttle ride is very convienient.The pizza adjourning was good especially when you arrive there on late flights.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank-you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay near the airport. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our proximity to the airport.

I hope that you will continue to use our hotel for travels through the airport.
Grand Haven, Michigan
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Conveniently close to the airport but not much else. If you're looking for restaurants or shopping, expect to drive a ways and the traffic around Toronto even on the highways is usually quite busy.

The rooms are nice though and the bed was very comfortable. The continental breakfast was somewhat above average with eggs and sausage as well as the usual fare. They have a pizza place right in the hotel which is great for lunch and in the evening you can saddle up to the bar and get pretty decent burgers and typical bar food.

I suppose they have a popular "park and fly" program because the parking lot was absolutely packed even though it didn't seem like the hotel was. Mildly annoying to find a place to park. The rate was better than most in the area so I'd call it a good value especially if you're going to fly out of YYZ, you're right there.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Freakwentphlyer
ComfortTO, General Manager at Comfort Inn Toronto Airport, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thank-you for staying with us and for your comments about our hotel.

It is true that we are steps away from Toronto's Pearson International Airport. I am sorry that you had to drive in the busy Toronto traffic to find shopping nearby. I know driving in another city can definitely be stressful, and the area traffic is always busy, which I am sure added to your unease.

We have an on-site restaurant and pub, which I am happy that you were able to visit. Malls and attractions are most easily accessed by automobile, however I can assure you that public transit is available at a nominal cost.

Thank-you for saying you enjoyed our comfortable beds and complementary breakfast.

I am sorry to hear that you had trouble finding parking. Unfortunately, due to the massive flood that hit Toronto a few weeks back, we have lost approx. 15 parking spots to clean-up efforts and this has caused an extra burden on our lot. I hope this wasn't too off-putting for you, and that you were able to enjoy your stay.

We hope to see you in the future.
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed July 23, 2013

What’s important to remember about this place is that it’s all relative to the price.
I paid less because of a corporate rate, and found it was OK. But if I had paid their published price of 110$ per night, I would have been disappointed. Especially if you consider that you can get much classier hotels nearby for that price.

The reception staff is great and check-in was a breeze.
Noticing the dingy & faded carpet and dirty walls on my way up the stairs to the room, I couldn’t help but wonder if I had made a mistake coming here.

Once inside the room, I was surprised: The room was spacious, clean, well furnished and in great shape, and the king sized bed with 5 pillows was very comfortable. The bathroom was on the small side, but it was very clean, functional and had some nice amenities.

Visually the room looked great, but it’s little details that could help improve it (at minimal cost):
- the A/C unit was very noisy, to the point that we slept without it (despite the heat wave).
- The message light on the phone kept flashing and was keeping us awake. Despite multiple calls to the front desk (who confirmed we had no messages), they couldn’t figure out how to make it stop. I eventually just put a sock on top of it.
- Adding a small soap dish (which costs a few dollars) next to the bathroom sink, would go a long way to “classing up” the place and make it more sanitary.
- Adding a mini-fridge would also be a big bonus.
- The free wi-fi is laughable; signal was weak, slow and kept dropping. A few extra routers spread across the hotel could improve this.

Located right across the street from the airport, this two story building does not offer exciting views, but is relatively quiet. We could hear the planes taking off, but it wasn’t bothersome.

They offer a free airport shuttle (leaving on the hour), some computers/printer in the lobby, free parking and access to the “Pearson Pub”. The free buffet breakfast is simple, but satisfactory, offering: Coffee, juice, yogurt, toast, scrambled eggs, sausage, fruits and a waffle maker.

Room Tip: If you can deal with stairs, ask for a room on the second floor.
1 Thank Stinz3
Thank-you for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review about your experience.

I am happy to hear that you found our staff to be friendly, the room spacious, clean and well-furnished.

I wanted to thank-you for your suggestions on how to improve the guest experience. I have a company coming in next week to re-furbish our current a/c systems. They have really been taxed this year due to the extreme heat.

With regards to the soap dish, which is an amazing idea, I have to tell you that because we belong to a franchise, we are unable to add things as such, as they would not comply with brand standards. I do apologize, but will show this to our head office so they may review the idea.

I am terribly sorry about the Wi-Fi. We have just switched to a new company, and are in the process of testing the connection throughout the hotel, to make sure that coverage is available to all. They have just added three additional repeaters, which I am told should strengthen the connection.

Again, thank-you for your review. I do hope that we see you in the near future.
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed July 21, 2013

My wife, son and I stayed at this hotel for a couple of days at the end of our vacation before heading back. Everything was amazing. Some highlights were being within walking distance to Terminal 3 (and within bus distance of downtown), good breakfast to get you through the morning, walking distance to other restaurants (5-10 min), great shuttle service, clean room and fantastic customer service. The fact that the staff was extremely helpful (shout out to Jackie!) and cheery is fabulous on its own, however, what really puts this establishment over the top is Ziva. She has transformed the "Comfort Inn" to the "Comfort Home." She is so personable and approachable. She does her best to help out in any way she can. She honestly cares about her guests and treats them more like family than guests. She is more concerned with our well-being and happiness than anything else. This is a rare quality in an employee of such a big chain. The world would be a better place if only more people could emulate her. There would certainly be a lot more happiness. I HIGHLY recommend this establishment, and I will only stay here whenever we are back in town again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
ComfortTO, General Manager at Comfort Inn Toronto Airport, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
I wanted to thank-you for taking the time to write about your recent experience staying at our hotel. We all remember your beautiful family and are glad to hear that you had such a nice stay.

We hope that you will allow us to be your home away from home in the future.