WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #17 of 61 Hotels in Mississauga
Barrie, Canada
“A place to sleep”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

Don't show up early for your room. They won't let you check in before 3pm. Not even a couple minutes before. The shuttle is very dirty old van. Very cramped. Will try to shove 10 people in a mini van even though they advertise a large new shuttle. The room was ok. I picked this hotel for the parking while away, not for quality. I noticed the Hilton almost next door and I will be choosing that hotel next time I fly. Shuttle took forever to pick us up when we called for pickup coming home. Our car was blocked in by piles of snow. Driver was nice enough to shovel car out but told us to move the car right after. I could hardly understand him. And than stood around for a tip. I was too mad by this point to give him one.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 2Wonderland
ComfortTO, General Manager at Comfort Inn Toronto Airport, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
hank-you for staying with us and taking the time to write a review.

I wanted to apologize for the long wait at the airport upon your return from your trip. I am assuming that you came back sometime soon after the massive storm that we had. Over 30 cm of snow fell in less than a day. It did cause some dangerous slow driving conditions. Even though we are minutes from the airport it was difficult for our driver's to get back and forth from the airport. It also caused a lot of havoc and build up of snow, especially around the cars parked at the hotel. I am so sorry that you weren't happy. I am glad however that my driver helped dig you out. The day after the storm our staff worked all day to dig out all guest cars before guests returned, but I guess you came back before this time. I am very regretful that we weren't able to help make your transition home smoother.

I am also sorry that you were unable to check in until 3pm. We don't normally have to have guests wait, however during this time of year we are very busy and the housekeepers work hard to make sure the rooms are cleaned well and in good time, still it is hard to have them all cleaned before 3pm if we are busy the night before, as not every guest checks out before 11am. I wanted to let you know however that if a room if available early our guest service staff works hard to try to accommodate all guests even if they arrive early.

I am sorry to hear that you will not be joining usin the future. I do hope that you change your mind. If not I wish you and your family very happy travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (272)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Goderich
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

We stayed at this hotel in mid-January before our trip. It was too late when we got to the hotel, to find another hotel that including parking. We knew as soon as we walked into the front lobby that this hotel was neglected for a long time, and very dirty. The room was not clean nor was the bathroom. I would not walk on the carpet in my bare feet. Upon our return, we waited over an hour at the airport to be picked up... only to find that the air has been let out of the tires of the vehicle, back at the hotel. Very, very disappointed. I thought the Comfort Inn's would have at least average quality and cleanliness, but that is not the case with this hotel. I will not be back, and I do not recommend it for anyone, even on a budget. I rated the service as terrible due to the long delay at the airport. The weather was clear and it was the last flight, so there was no reason for the delay.

Room Tip: I do NOT recommend this hotel. It's old and dirty and your car is not safe there. I would slee...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DeenaGoderich
ComfortTO, General Manager at Comfort Inn Toronto Airport, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Thanks for your review of our hotel.

I am terribly disappointed to read that your were so unhappy with our hotel. We have recently done many renovations and upgrades including brand new carpet in the rooms. Therefore you can understand that I am so regretful that your experience was not ideal and that you didn't like the quality of our hotel.

I have passed along your comments to our housekeeping department so that they may learn from this experience and work to make sure future guests don't have a similar experience.

As well, I am very sorry that your tire had no air in it when you returned. We monitor all our vehicles, unlike most hotel in the area and safety and security of our guests and their belongings is of upmost importance. I am sorry we missed this and I will personally look into this to see if I can see anything odd on our cameras or if it was a case of the weather, etc. I hope this doesn't give you a negative impression of the area.

I am terribly sorry that you were disappointed and won't be joining us in the future.
Barrie
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

We stayed here for the "stay and fly package" and I have to say that it was absolutely perfect.
We have stayed here 4 times now and it just gets better.The accommodations were perfect and nobody can beat their shuttle service.Your never waiting for more than 10 minutes for someone to pick you up.Staff is super friendly and always make you feel welcome. They set the standard that everyone else should follow.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ComfortTO, General Manager at Comfort Inn Toronto Airport, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank-you for your kind words about our hotel. I am so happy to hear that you are a repeat guest and that you have been satisified with the service you have received.

We hope to see you soon.
borden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

Hotel shuttle was waiting for us when we arrived. Check in staff was friendly and helpful. Rooms were very clean and quiet. The topper for me was the continental breakfast. When travel with 2 small kids its nice to be able to grab a quick bite before your flight. No waiting for a server or a bill. We left happy, full and refreshed for our long flight. Way better than expected for the price.
Thanks Comfort Inn

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank-you for staying with us and your kind words about our hotel. I am glad that you were able to try our breakfast and that it was a nice addition for your family.

I hope you have a wonderful 2013 and we hope to see you soon.
Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

I loved our stay at the Comfort Inn! They treated us like family and made us feel so at home! Our flight left early in the morning and we had to be at the airport by about 3am so they made sure we had some breakfast foods waiting in our room for us to have before we left. Ziva is a wonderful woman who works for the hotel and she is a doll! She went out of her way to help us and to make our stay a good one! She even called when we got there to make sure we were settled in and that everything was good! The hotel was quiet and the parking as just next door, a 3min walk back to the hotel. Our van was safe and the parking lot was clear of snow when we got back! Our shuttle driver to and from the airport was lovely and did an excellent job! I totally recommend this hotel to anyone! They will take good care of you! :)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank-you for staying with us and writing a review about our hotel. We are glad that you were able to use our "stay and fly" package and that you were happy with the service you received.

We hope to continue to be your choice while travelling out of Pearson International Airport.
Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

This is a excellent hotel to stay at before and after your trip, we have never had any problems and the service is very good. Ziva and her staff take care of your every needs.

I highly recommend staying here, the continental breakfast in the morning is awesome and there is a pub to grab a quick lunch or dinner while you are staying there, we ate there on our recent stay on Jan 24th and the food was good.

We love this hotel mostly because it is the closest to the airport, free shuttle service and because Ziva and her staff take such good care of us, we would not stay anywhere else!

Room Tip: We had a room on the main floor close to the front and it was really nice but then any room is nice...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ComfortTO, General Manager at Comfort Inn Toronto Airport, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
We are so happy when we hear our guests are satisfied with the service we provide them. We are even more delighted when a guest tells us they will continue to use our service in the future.

Thank-you for your kind words. We look forward to seeing you in the future.
London Ont. Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

We have stayed at Comfort Inn a number of times in 2011 & 20012. We found the rates to be reasonable and the parking on site to be a positive for us. We pre book & requested ground floor rooms as I have difficulty with stairs especially when carrying luggage. Only once did we receive our request as was pre booked. The remainder of the time we had to wait to get a room that was on the lower floors. As we only sleep for a few hours prior to our flights we found the rooms acceptable. The hotel in general is run down. The halls are smelly and not inviting. Desk staff are accommodating . The Shuttle driver Cesar makes this hotel. He is friendly and personable. Drop off and pickups are handled well, never more than 15 minutes usually much less..
Since a lot of flights are very early in the morning a continental break fast starting at 4 might be an idea.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
I wanted to write to thank-you for your review of our hotel.

I am sorry that you had to wait for a room on the first floor. Unfortunately due to the structure of the building it would be impossible to add an elevator. For this reason, our ground floor is very popular and therefore not always ready before check-in time.

I was also sorry to hear that you found the halls uninviting. We recently put brand new carpeting in all our hallways, and I believe they really make the hallways pop. We are looking into changing the hallway fixtures in the summer and I hope that this will also enhance the corridors.

I am delighted to hear that you were happy with the shuttle service. We work hard to make sure our guests are transported quickly, safely and with kindness to and from the airport. I will pass along your comments to our driver.

I hope that you will allow us another opportunity in the future to better suit your needs.