“Convenient to Airport, Clean Rooms--but No "Breakfast to Go" as promised!”

Comfort Inn Toronto Airport
Ranked #18 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Waterloo, Canada
“Convenient to Airport, Clean Rooms--but No "Breakfast to Go" as promised!”
Reviewed September 30, 2011

We stayed at the Comfort Inn August 9. This hotel is close to Terminal 3 which made it very handy for our early morning flight. We chose this hotel because of their reasonable Park and Fly package rate, this hotel is one of the very few in the airport area that could accomodate a family of 5 in one room (with a roll-away bed), and because they offered a bagged breakfast to go.

Our room was typical of a Comfort Inn, nothing fancy, but it was clean and newly renovated. The complimentary shuttle service to the airport runs every hour on the hour, 24-hours a day. Our shuttle driver Ceaser was very efficient, talkative and extremely friendly. He told us that there are three Comfort Inn shuttles and he was very careful to give us instructions to ensure that we got the right one when we returned.

Upon our return, we phoned the hotel to arrange for the shuttle service. By the time we hung up the phone and walked over to the pick-up location outside, Ceaser arrived no more than a few seconds later--now that's fast service! He was just as friendly and talkative as when we left. Ceasar is a very fellow and he makes a very good first impression for this hotel!

The Comfort Inn does provide complimentary breakfast, but since we checked out by 4:00 am, we were not able to take advantage of this. For those who have early morning flights, the Comfort Inn provides a bagged "breakfast to go". When I made our reservation with them I inquired about this and they assured me that upon check in, we will find our "breakfast to go" waiting for us in our room. I also confirmed the bagged "breakfast to go" with the hotel staff by email. However, when we arrived to our room that night, there was no "breakfast to go" waiting for us. When we asked about this, the fellow at the front desk simply said, he knows nothing about bagged breakfasts and there was nothing he could do. Basically we were given the impression that he was unaware that they even offered a bagged breakfast. I was glad that I thought ahead and had packed some breadsticks, muffins and granola bars as this had to hold us over until we arrived at our destination mid afteroon.

When we returned home from our trip, we received a standard survey email from the Comfort Inn. I filled it out mentioning we did not get the promised "breakfast to go!" Much to our surprise, we received a phone call from Ziva, the sales director of Comfort Inn who was very upset about what happened and apologized greatly for their oversight. It was nice to see that the Comfort Inn reads their surveys and that they took the time to personally call us and appologize.

Overall, the proximity of the Comfort Inn to the airport, their park and fly package, their reasonable rates and the most friendly shuttle driver that we have ever encountered does make another stay here desirable. We would not hesitate to stay here again. However, if you are counting on the "breakfast to go", I would recommend that you bring along a backup just in case -- as arranging this over the phone and even confirming by email will not ensure that you will get it.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank ontcruiser
ComfortTO, General Manager at Comfort Inn Toronto Airport, responded to this review, October 13, 2011
Thank-you for your review. Again, as already expressed by Ziva (our sales manager), I am deeply sorry that you did not receive your "bagged to-go breakfast".

We hope to see you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (303)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Ahmedabad
Reviewed September 29, 2011

Hi,

I had stayed in this hotel during mid Sept '2011 on my visit to Toronto. It is a walking distance from the Pearsons International airport otherwise its location is not very useful.

Even here the hotel did not have my booking made thru booking.com and they gave me a room with two double beds at the same rate. I have faced this issue during my others trips as well thus feel something wrong in the way booking.com manages its bookings.

Rooms was large, spacious, clean and a nice bathroom. It also had a large LCD TV and a table, sofa. This hotel has a Pizza place and a bar in its building otherwise is far from other places to eat and dine. You need to walk almost 2.5-3 kms to reach a place for shopping or eating.

Staff was not very friendly when I wanted to know about something. I wanted to encash my travellers cheque and asked them if I can find a place nearby, their initial response was "No we dont do it". Period. I then further asked that I dont want them to do it but just tell me if it can be done nearby, they indicated that there is a bank nearby where I can do it. The Airport was just a walking distance and I could have exchanged all currency I wanted there but this thought overlooked their minds. And closeness to airport is their USP!

Otherwise, food was decent at the Pizzaria, my continental breakfast was very average and same items on all 6 days of my stay. Locationwise it is not very convenient as you need to take cabs even for reaching the nearest subway station. My advice, chose a hotel which is close to subway as it will same lot of time and money.

Overall and average stay, but it could have been better if their staff would have been more involved!

Room Tip: Take rooms on the ground floor otherwise you may need to lift it to the first floor.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Thank-you for your review and kind words about the hotel.

I apologize for the confusion regarding exchanging traveler cheques. I have shown your review to my guest service staff and they are more aware now to where these can be cashed. We honestly don't receive requests as such often.

With regards to the subway, and express bus runs from across the street from our hotel, directly to the subway. It is quite easy and many of our staff actually live downtown. I do hope the travel wasn't too inconvenient.

If you are traveling through the airport area again, I do hope that you will stay with us.
Sudbury, Canada
Reviewed September 27, 2011

We have stayed there several times prior to late flights to Europe. The rooms were clean and the beds comfortable. The service provided by Ziva Zahler is excellent and the parking for your vehicle is welcome. The shuttle service to and from the airport is fast and always available. The hotel is easy to find and easy to get to. The hotel restaurant is a little above average.

David - Sudbury

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Simon L
Millbrook, Canada
Reviewed September 21, 2011

I was tremendously impressed that immediately after I made the booking on line for the room and two weeks of parking a hotel manager phoned to make certain we reserved the room for the night before the flight instead of the day of the flight. I hadn't made that easy error but how caring of them to make I sure I hadn't? There were another couple of things in my encounters with different staff that reinforced this caring, professional attitude. Without considering the bonus of Park and Fly so close to the airport, the property itself represents reasonable value for the cost. With the Park and Fly, it's outstanding. I will definitely use this hotel again when I need to park and fly out of Pearson.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Daniel V
ComfortTO, General Manager at Comfort Inn Toronto Airport, responded to this review, September 23, 2011
Thank-you so much for your kind words about our hotel and the staff. I have passed along your comments to my staff and they were touched by review. We hope to see you soon.
canada
Reviewed September 19, 2011

We stayed over one night before a 6:00 am flight. Rooms were clean and the service was great !!! Told my friend he stayed over after a flight that came into Toronto at midnight . Same service as before , 5 min shuttle then 5 min check in and they were in there room. Did I mention it's as cheap as some of the park and fly services and you don't need to worry about your car breaking down on the way to the airport. My friend and his wife were comfie in there room 10 min after walking out of the Airport. Love this place , wished I traveled more. :) again hats of to te staff at this hotel

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank franky472
Haliburton, Ontario
Reviewed September 19, 2011

My fiance and I stay at this hotel every time we have an early morning flight out of Pearson. The rooms are clean and comfortable and they have a lounge where we can unwind and have a meal. The shuttle service was prompt and the drive to the airport is quite literally only a minute. The service was equally as good on our return flight. They give you a card with a number to call for pick up upon check in. We plan on blocking off a group of rooms for our guests when we fly out to our wedding in December. The one negative I would have to say is the front desk service is a little weak when you are trying to call to book a room. They put you on hold .. or are busy helping someone 'please call back'. I would recommend doing everything online if possible.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank-you for your review. We are so happy that you will be choosing our hotel for your stop-over before your wedding in December. Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials. I wanted to also take this opportunity to apologize for the service you received from our reservation staff. It is true that things can get a bit hectic at our front desk, especially at check-out and check-in times, but we are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to assist guests. I have spoken with my staff about the importance of direct customer service. When you book your next trip, please don't hesitate to call me directly. Again, thanks for your review. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Powassan, Canada
Reviewed September 14, 2011

My husband and I, along with two other couples, stayed here prior to flying out to Jamaica. Hotel was easy to find, had good parking, prompt shuttle, and good food in the adjoining restaurant. Our stay was brief so we don't have much to report, although I will say that having computers with internet in the lobby as handy, as on our way back we were able to check the road conditions before we headed out (we live 4 hours north of T.O.). Good location - nice and close to the airport.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank-you for your review of our hotel. I am glad that we were able to accommodate you and your friends. I hope you also had a fabulous time in Jamaica. I have posted your review to our employee board for the staff to see. Again, thanks and looking forward to having you stay with us in the future.