“Comfort Inn-credible”

Ranked #18 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Barrie, Canada
“Comfort Inn-credible”
Reviewed June 13, 2011

An airport hotel is rarely a holiday destination for any traveller; rather, it's a temporary place of refuge. I am happy to report that this unassuming little hotel offers that and much more.
When you come at the hotel from the side, you might be tempted to pass it by. I have to say, they have done an admirable job in sprucing up this two-storey establishment. The hotel lobby is hip-'n-cool. Yes, the corridors have low drop-ceilings, but any seasoned traveller will be able to get past such details and appreciate the many ways they have polished up this rough little gem. The one night that I stayed there was very pleasant. The room was clean, comfortable, and unexpectedly quiet - a bonus when you have to work seated at the desk through have the night. I appreciated the rooms many appointments: crisp linens, comfortable mattress, black-out curtains, flat-screen television, good internet connection (very important to me) and a lovely bathroom with granite finishes. A continental breakfast was included, and gave me what I needed to start my day.
In the end, however, a good hotel experience hinges on the quality of its staff. Moments after I made my reservation online, I received a call from Ziva, the hotel's Sales Director, thanking me for my reservation, and to confirm the details. The warmth and professionalism that she exhibited both on the telephone and in person, was demonstrated by the entire staff - from the front desk to the shuttle bus driver.
Why did I select this hotel initailly? I chose it because of the incredible parking privileges that it offers its guests. My one-night stay cost me under $100 (incl. taxes) - but it included 7 days of free onsite parking! Add it all up: you get tremendous value for your travel dollar.
I look forward to my next stay there.
Bravo to The-Little-Hotel-That-Could!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank joethephoenix
ComfortTO, General Manager at Comfort Inn Toronto Airport, responded to this review, June 21, 2011
Thank-you for your warm words about our hotel and the staff that work here. I have posted your review on our staff board for all to see.

We hope to see you for many years to come.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (303)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
COCHRANE, ON
Reviewed June 2, 2011

We recently stayed before and after our trip to Costa Rica, with the stay and park plan. It was so close to the airport, and the service - from the desk clerk, shuttle driver, cleaning staff, and management - to be so friendly, knowledgable and helpful.
We'll definitely stay again!!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JLMCochrane_On
ComfortTO, General Manager at Comfort Inn Toronto Airport, responded to this review, June 3, 2011
Thank-you very much for your kind words about your recent stay at our hotel.

I have posted your review on our employee board and everyone was delighted.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Webster, New York
Reviewed May 31, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for one night prior to a flight out of Toronto Airport. It was totally adequate for what we needed a clean (albeit well worn) hotel room. The staff was very friendly and accommodating - and when we arrived in the lobby at 4:50am to jump on the shuttle to the airport, they were very responsive when we asked for at least coffee while we were waiting, they rushed and brewed some and much appreciated whereas we were going to miss the continental breakfast put out at 6:30am. This hotel is right across the street from the airport and only took under 10 minutes to get there - a very smooth transition. We took advantage of the "Park and Ride" leaving our car at the hotel during our trip... this worked out great.

I posted a picture of the well worn corner of our bathroom but honestly overall the room was clean and this "wear" was easily overlooked.

The "Pub" on the other hand.... the food was VERY average.... and the drinks very expensive.... I would not recommend, there are many restaurants in the area so go somewhere else.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank bbshop
Kingston, Canada
Reviewed May 28, 2011

We stayed here because of the location as we were flying out of Pearson early. I contacted Ziva via email from another review site and she called me within minutes to arrange booking. Wonderful person. Hotel is perfectly located minutes from the terminals but yet you cannot hear the airplanes or equipment at all. The price of our hotel room and parking for eight days cost less than it would for Park and Fly. Fantastic shuttle. Leaves on the hour but will pick you up whenever you call. Parking is a little tight on the property but they have an agreement with the building next door where I left my vehicle for eight days with no issues. I would not hesitate to stay here again. I usually leave Toronto disgruntled at the service I receive but this trip was and exception. Thanks Z.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Honkinprik
ComfortTO, General Manager at Comfort Inn Toronto Airport, responded to this review, May 30, 2011
Thank-you very much for your kind review.

I have passed along your comments to our staff and they were all very delighted.

We do indeed have an extended lot next door, were we can park an additional 70 cars, so no guest is left without a spot.

We hope to see you on your next trip.
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed May 26, 2011

Thanks so much for your attention to details we sometimes overlook!
Arrangements were perfect! Ms. Zahler and staff's enthusiasm is refreshing!!
when planning details and most welcoming following a long trip!
It was wonderful to have our fellow for airport pick-up already there when we
called on arrival.
We look forward to taking advantage of Comfort Inn Toronto Airport's
hospitality many times, soon!!

Room Tip: call directly
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank debbiej99
Thank-you for your kind words about your recent stay at our hotel.

I have posted your comments for all our staff to see. We are so happy that you were happy with your stay.

We look forward to seeing you in the future.
Mississauga
Reviewed May 24, 2011

When you get a quote nail down the rate and who you are speaking with. No smoking property which is excellent. The entire place smells clean. Something wasn't quite right, I was not able to nail it. Staff interaction is too public. Didn't spot the free breakfast. Got lectured on airport shuttle.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Thank-you for your review of our hotel.

I do apologize if you felt put off by our staff and their interaction with guests. We have very friendly staff and many repeat customers. Many of our staff becomes friends with these repeat guests. I do apologize if their upfront personality caused you discomfort. This absolutely was not the intention.

For future reference our complimentary continental breakfast is served in our restaurant, which is located directly off our lobby.

Again, thank-you for your comments. I hope we can serve you again in the future.
Kingston, Canada
Reviewed May 21, 2011

The manager of this hotel, Ziva Zahler is outstanding. After using your website to book the hotel I got a personal e-mail from her thanking me, and she made sure we had a packed breakfast in our room because our flight left before the breakfast started. She was amazing and I will recommend the hotel to everyone I know.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank grapefruits
Thank-you for your kind words about our hotel and the service you received from our staff. Special thanks with regards to your kind words about Ziva, our sales manager.

I was also happy to hear that you were able to partake in breakfast, although you were leaving before our traditional breakfast start time.

Thank-you for your recommendations and we hope to see you soon.