“CHeck the AC as soon as you arrive!”

Sandman Signature Mississauga Hotel
Ranked #25 of 61 Hotels in Mississauga
Reviewed August 20, 2007

I don't usually base my hotel experience on one inicident or shortcomings. However, the problems should not have occured if proper maintenance was performed on a regular basis. In August 2007, I stayed at the hotel for two days. The first night the AC died on us and we endured sweltering heat through the night. The Manager moved us to another room only to experience a failed AC again. They finally moved us to a third room which actually had a working AC. Moving from room to room would not have been a problem if it wasn't for the manager's excuse of two rooms in a row to have failed AC. She "attempted" to explain this was the first time the ACs were getting a workout and they are starting to break down. Um, LADY - it's August!!!!!!!! You mean to tell me no one performed maintenance on the ACs at all for the summer???? Other than that everything else was fine except for the angry resturaunt bar tender. Fortunately, his nasty disposition was more funny than annoying or crude.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with friends
4  Thank DRtravelerHalethorpe
There are newer reviews for Sandman Signature Mississauga Hotel

Reviewed August 8, 2007

I recently had the pleaure of staying at Stagewest for a convention. From my first contact from the UK to the minute I left I was made to feel special and appreciated. As a hotel manager myself (in the UK) I was perhaps more aware than others of possible shortcomings, but couldn't find any.
The rooms were spacious, clean, and well serviced. All the staff (receptionists, waiters, bar staff, room attendant) were friendly and obliging. The value is fantastic, rooms terrific for the price and the breakfast and lunch buffets superb (although the breakfast was that good I didn't really do the lunch buffet full justice!).
Our convention was well serviced by the staff, who couldn't do enough for us.
If you want an hotel that's easy to find, welcoming, terrific value and with great service, look no forther than StageWest.
I hope to return for a vacation some time.
Steve James, Blackpool, UK

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled solo
Reviewed June 25, 2007

STAGEWEST HOTEL, MISSISSAUGA, ONTARIO
I wouldn’t recommend a stay at this hotel; it was one problem after another from the moment we checked in. All the negatives mentioned in other reviews that I’ve read are on the money. We actually received a gift certificate at Christmas for the Stage West Hotel and Dinner Theatre but because of the price of theatre tickets we thought we’d get more bang for our buck by just having a little one night getaway at the hotel to enjoy the pool facilities, water slide and restaurant. We are two adults and two children 12 and 14 years old.

Check In:
Slow and unfriendly, almost like we were bothering them by standing at the counter for a room. I told them when we called to reserve that we wanted to book the special $119.00 per night that includes 2 children and 2 adults with breakfast the next morning but when I showed up at the desk they attempted to charge me a higher rate because one of the kids (14 years old) was too old for the special rate!!!! They never asked over the phone for the age of the children and I was not a happy camper when they decided to pull this stunt. After much complaining and time wasted they agreed to the previously promised rate. Why should we have to do battle, customer service sadly lacking.

Room:
The website boasts family friendly suites, sitting room areas separate from the beds. The rooms are tired looking but adequate for a family of four to share. Our view was of the top of the adjacent roof a/c unit but we were barely in the room anyway. There was one television set in front of the two double beds and one other set in front of the pull away couch.

Leisure Activity Area:
There is an area just across and down the hall a bit from the main restaurant that has three pool tables, one pinball machine and two of the arcade driving games. As well I think there was a dartboard but I didn’t see any darts for it. In addition there is a television in the corner and a walk out patio area with furniture. Our complaint with this area is that you have to pay to use the pool tables. At any other establishment we’ve been to with billiards, you get this as just part of the deal…a nice way to spend an hour as a family. It was $1.25 per game, we lost money in the table twice and one of the balls was missing from one of the tables. There was no beverage service available when you’re sitting there so we brought down some cans of pop from our room. It just seemed tired, tacky and unprofessional.

Restaurant:
The food was ok, nothing terrific but not terrible either. Prices were reasonable and the breakfast the next morning was both hot and cold options. Only complain from the kids was no pancakes.

Pool/Water Slide/Hot Tub (or I should say “cold tub”!!!):
This is my HUGE pet peeve about this place. When I completed our last minute hotel booking I told them that we were planning this as a night away with the kids to have fun in the pool, on the waterslide and in the hot tub. We got there at check in (3:00pm), made our way to the pool and found it ICE COLD, not just cold but FREEZING! As well, the hot tub was cold and the lifeguards on the water slide just plain lazy and not paying attention. The kids were troopers and dove in regardless but my husband and I couldn’t even put a toe in the water. I approached the incredibly bored looking teenage lifeguard and said, “Wow the water is cold” and was given the pat response “It’s not my fault”. I asked if perhaps he could elaborate with some details as to why it was cold, what was being done to fix it, etc. and was told “talk to the front desk, the heater is broke”. I asked him if a repairman had been called and got the response “I think they fixed it but it will take a day to warm up”. So much for using the pool all evening. The kids were already cold half an hour into the stay! I went to the front desk and they said that the heater had indeed malfunctioned and would be replaced within the hour. I voiced my discontent and once again had to battle them for a discount. We did discount the rate after my continuous complaints about the spoiled family time. We returned to the pool area, spent another hour and a half with the shivering but still having fun kids and were told at 6:00pm that the pool would be closing immediately for repairs, not to be opened till 10:00am the next morning!

I went back to the front desk, my new home away from home, and asked for a late departure time since we were out of luck for activities for the kids for the remainder of the night and wanted to use it in the morning instead. They agreed to a 1:00pm departure (oh so kind....whatever!) and my husband and I went in search of things to keep the kids occupied. We had obviously assumed that the pool, slide and hot tub would do the trick! We settled on a trip into Toronto to visit the waterfront and a movie at the local movie theatre. More money we hadn’t expected to spend!

The next day we returned at 10:00am sharp to the pool, found it warm again, the hot tub hot again and the water slide slideable….a miracle at the Stagewest Hotel ! The kids enjoyed the final 3 hours of this disaster getaway but the lack of customer service, excuses by the staff and the fact that we had to battle for every little thing made it an experience we wouldn’t attempt again!!!!!

Lastly, I have to mention the lifeguard staff again. They were the laziest, most uninterested pool staff we have ever set our sights on. There were multiple groups of children (not mine) riding down the slide together, some very noisy teenage boys standing on the slide for the entire ride down and just downright dangerous behaviours. I approached the lifeguards sitting in the corner and pointed out that someone was going to get hurt if they didn’t start to control the situation! They just said “yep” and kept talking amongst themselves! I again voiced my displeasure at their supervision techniques and only after this second complaint did one of the lifeguards actually leave her white chair and instruct the kids on the correct way to ride the slide. This was an accident waiting to happen. Have never seen such bad lifeguard techniques!!!!!! Incredible!

We wrote a long, detailed complaint card upon our departure at 1:00pm the next day and have yet to hear word one from any management. My suggestion, stay away from this location ! A nightmare stay!

• Stayed: June 2007
2  Thank Kelly P
Reviewed June 5, 2007

We just came back from our stay at the Stage West All Suites Hotel. We were part of a convention and I was extremely impressed with this hotel. The rates were reasonable and the rooms were spacious, clean and very comfortable. The staff was very accomadating in everyway. I highly recommend this hotel for business travelers, couples amd families (everyone).

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed December 27, 2006

My wife and I just returned from a stay at Stagewest and it was wonderful. The hotel was very nice with large rooms, and the show, "California Dreaming 2" was terrific. Great performances and music. Also, the buffet dinner and breakfast was also excellent, at least the food was. Now for the bad part. Our waiter was absolutely useless as well as rude in my opinion. Now don't get me wrong. I'm not in any way a snob. And I refused to allow his poor service to interfere with our enjoyment of the show. But come on. We had to wait until our second buffet plate before we got our first glass of water. Because neither myself or my wife drink alcohol, he seemd a bit annoyed at the fact that we weren't ordering expensive wines and cocktails and therefore didn't think there was much need to pay attention to us. And when the bill came, the waiter didn't even come to get it later. He gave it to us during the intermission. He never returned for it during the intermission and even after the show was over, I had to track him down just to give him the bill and the payment. For me to not give a tip, the service must be pretty bad, believe me. Well guess what? I didn't tip him after that lousy service. So once again, I had a great time and this waiter was really just a minor annoyance. But beware, if you're going to this hotel, just keep this in mind.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hulkout
Reviewed June 20, 2006

I stayed here for 2 nights in 2000. I stayed with my bridesmaids and flower girls the day before my wedding. We had all of us in a standard room and had tons of fun in the pool and watched movies in the room. It was a great girls night.

The next day was my wedding day and we all got ready in the room with a lot of space. My photos were taken in the lobby and were beautiful.
While I was getting married the staff was moving my things from my room into my more "romantic" room for my new husband and I.

After the wedding everything was there for us and I was able to soak my aching feet in the jacuzzi. I couldn't have asked for a better place to stay at such a stressful time in my life - everything went smooth those two days.

• Stayed: May 2002
A TripAdvisor Member
Brighton, ONtario
Reviewed March 27, 2006

Unlimited parking, proximity to Pearson and 24 hour shuttle service are the main reasons I chose Stage West. I stayed one night and left my car for over two weeks (in a covered parking garage)!!!

I will say, however, that is not what will positively bring me back -- what cinched it for me was the shuttle drive we got when we returned...

Out of the country for two weeks, enduring countless experiences with rude service people, we called Stage West for the shuttle back to our car. Imagine our relief when the driver jumped out of the van and greeted us with a smile and a genuine feeling that he LIKED HIS JOB!! After stowing our luggage (with care), he offered us each a bottle of water and then actually pursued an amicable conversation with us! The stress of the travel away from home immediately dissolved and I was ready to kiss this man!! It was so good to be home...

Stayed: February 2006