“Unique hotel experience!”

Sandman Signature Mississauga Hotel
Ranked #27 of 61 Hotels in Mississauga
Reviewed October 14, 2010

I have stayed at this property twice now and have enjoyed both of my stays. The hotel has large all-suite accommodations.......very spacious! My room was very clean and comfortable. Great to have free parking as well! I will be back.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed October 5, 2010

My family and I stayed at Stage West 3 times now. My husband has meetings nearby at least monthly and we have just always stayed at Stage West due to it's proximity to his meetings. This was the very last time we'll stay there!

There are so many reasons I will not stay there again, here are a just a few...

1. The front doors are bulky and do not have automatic open or handicap opening buttons. During 2 of my stays at Stage West I had to check in without my husband. Trying to lug 2 small children and a luggage rack through them is not a great experience. Sure there are a lot of staff standing around idly at the front desk.....not that any one of them would ever offer to hold the door open for a woman with 2 children!

2. The bedding is terrible. Just a thin bedspread and a sheet. Not at all cosy. They must be low on fitted sheets as both of our beds were "fitted" with flat sheets.

3. Every time we stayed there, the crib we requested was not there when we ariived. This time they brought such a dirty pack and play that I let my baby sleep between my husband and I....therefore not sleeping at all for fear of her falling out of bed. The pack and play was pretty rickety too, I wonder ifit is even safe at all!

4. Everything is old, outdated and tired looking.

5. The pool is cold and hot tub seemed grimy a few times. Not sure if the fancy waterslide is ever open - we've never seen it opened.

6. The restaurant staff (breakfast, lunch & dinner) is rude and extemely unhappy and unfriendly. You feel like you're inconveniencing them by getting a meal there. You pay high prices for meals that taste like reheated frozen food.

Overall I'm not impressed with this place at all. In these financially insecure times, Stage West management should really. Improve their service and facilities if they want to remain in service much longer. We're staying at the Delta next time!

• Stayed: October 2010
1  Thank ttravelwithfam
Reviewed September 28, 2010

If it were not for my boyfriend giving up the chicken on his plate so I would not be going without food all night at a wedding reception, I would have starved.

As it was, we had better food later on at McDonalds across the street.

The crunchy potato & leek soup was disgusting, the inedible pink Prime Rib was passed on, the dinner rolls were cold and hard.

The breakfast buffet was far more enjoyable.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank shartownley
Reviewed August 28, 2010

When we first arrived the young lady at the desk was not very friendly and quite abrupt with us,however, the young lady at the desk on our second night was very friendly and helpful. Rooms were spacious but average at best. Our son loved the pool and water slide which made it nice for us. So much for the positives, now the negatives:

1) air conditioner made a terrible noise when the compressor kick in. Voiced our complaint and they said they would send someone to look at it. We were gone for the day and we returned the a/c still made a loud noise.

2) Our room key did not work every time we used it. Each day we had to have it re coded. We found on our last night the person who checked us in, remember the crass person mentioned in my first sentence, did not code the key for our entire stay.

3) At 10:20pm, upon return to the hotel, we noticed housekeeping did not leave any wash cloths or hand towels. I called the front desk and was told someone would be up shortly with the requested items. At 11:00pm still no towels so I called again and was assured that the person would be there very soon. It is now 11:45pm and guess what? You guessed it, no towels or washcloths. I just called a third time and am waiting; 11:53pm finally towels and washcloths!! I can wash up and go to bed.

2  Thank cnytraveler16
Reviewed August 27, 2010

Our family of 5, my spouse, our teen, and our 2 younger kids stayed at Stagewest for a family vacation. We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. Upon check in, the staff were extremely friendly, and the room was ready when we arrived. We had a 2 Queen Bed suite and it was exactly as described on the website. Very clean, very comfortable and very spacious. The bathroom was clean and large and perfect for our needs in our family.

We had a room on the 9th floor with a great view. The beds were of high quality but extremely hard. The pool was cold, but perfect for the kids. It was a great way to relax for 2 nights. The wifi also worked well if not a bit spotty at times but served its purpose.

The best part about our stay was the very accommodating staff. They were perfect. Would highly recommend this hotel for everyone. The rates were wonderfully reasonable and they went above and beyond.

1  Thank Mulan1234
Reviewed August 24, 2010

We had another FIRST CLASS experience at Stage West, from the professional staff to the excellent food and fabulous suite. We love the bright, clean, always comfortable rooms and enjoy the extra space not found in many hotels. We look forward to our next visit!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ruddie
Reviewed August 21, 2010

We had a better time at the motel than our trip to the science centre. Staff was excellent, rooms were dust free , 1st night we over looked the roof but they give us the best view the 2nd night great that they made us feel appreciated. can't wait until next summer to do it again! (but stay at the motel) (lol)

1  Thank spammy247