“Bride's dream”

Sandman Signature Mississauga Hotel
Ranked #26 of 61 Hotels in Mississauga
Reviewed June 20, 2006

I stayed here for 2 nights in 2000. I stayed with my bridesmaids and flower girls the day before my wedding. We had all of us in a standard room and had tons of fun in the pool and watched movies in the room. It was a great girls night.

The next day was my wedding day and we all got ready in the room with a lot of space. My photos were taken in the lobby and were beautiful.
While I was getting married the staff was moving my things from my room into my more "romantic" room for my new husband and I.

After the wedding everything was there for us and I was able to soak my aching feet in the jacuzzi. I couldn't have asked for a better place to stay at such a stressful time in my life - everything went smooth those two days.

• Stayed: May 2002

Brighton, ONtario
Reviewed March 27, 2006

Unlimited parking, proximity to Pearson and 24 hour shuttle service are the main reasons I chose Stage West. I stayed one night and left my car for over two weeks (in a covered parking garage)!!!

I will say, however, that is not what will positively bring me back -- what cinched it for me was the shuttle drive we got when we returned...

Out of the country for two weeks, enduring countless experiences with rude service people, we called Stage West for the shuttle back to our car. Imagine our relief when the driver jumped out of the van and greeted us with a smile and a genuine feeling that he LIKED HIS JOB!! After stowing our luggage (with care), he offered us each a bottle of water and then actually pursued an amicable conversation with us! The stress of the travel away from home immediately dissolved and I was ready to kiss this man!! It was so good to be home...

Stayed: February 2006
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 7, 2006

I am not a picker eater; with more than a few pounds on me from eating, I could literally not eat more than 2 things at this buffet.

The salads were all wilted, the caesar salad was as dry as sand, and the chick peas were so wet with dressing. The garlic potatoes looked yummy (like a little castle) and they were barely out of frozen stage. The pork was so overdone, I thought I was at mom's house (ha ha). My friend said the fish dishes were good.

The deserts were 100% uneatable -- dry, tasteless, the black forest cake was still cold (from being unthawed from frozen). The only good thing was the chocolate covered strawberries...and really, you can't screw that up much.

What a major disappointment. The staff was oblivious to scrapping off the mounds of uneaten food off patrons plates. I guess approx. 75% of the food was uneaten. If you go to Stage West Buffet -- eat beforehand or do NOT get the dinner as part of your theatre package.

• Stayed: February 2006
2  Thank arlene W
Reviewed February 25, 2006

We stayed at the Stage West Hotel for one night - Feb 11, 2005 - 2 connecting rooms at 129.00 Canadian each.

For the price of 129.00 each the rooms were very good - a living room area with amoire, television, couch, chair, coffee table and a separate bedroom behind french doors with another TV. There was also a good size desk, mirrored area, bathroom, microwave, coffee maker and lots of windows. The two rooms were mirror image of each other and connectedat the living room. This rate also include a buffet breakfast at the Haida Garden Cafe the next morning.

We arrived at 5pm to a line about 30 deep at reception and only 2 staff members checking guests in. It took a good 30 minutes to get to the desk. The hotel is looking a little run down and needs some freshening up of carpets & wallpaper.

The next morning breakfast was plentyful, hot & fresh with good service.

• Stayed: February 2005
6  Thank Casserole
Pefferlaw, Ontario.
Reviewed January 19, 2006

We have not actually stayed at the Hotel but are subscribers to the Dinner/Theatre. We have always had wonderful dining service and the food is great.
I will tell you that we had a bad experience with our vehicle on the way to the theatre one evening and upon our arrival, we went into the main lobby to ask for assistance and the staff could not have been more helpful about how we were doing.
Just want to say "thanks so much" for the concern shown by your maintenance staff members and especially the front desk personnel. You guys were terrific !
Cheers -
Arnie and Carroll Hall

• Stayed: July 2005
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Reviewed November 20, 2005

I regularily stay at the Stagewest for business & personal travel from Winnipeg.
I have had mostly good experiences, ie. early check-in, upgrades to a suite, great food experiences.
Reservation system (on-line)is not very user-friendly & can use improvement.
Staff are always friendly.
Reservations made via the 1-800 # yesterday evening for today were very poor. The staff member (male) did
not understand/speak English well enough to make an accurate reservation. When I arrived,I found out he made many mistakes....frustrating because I spelled my name & contact info. several times!!
But, once I arrived at the hotel, the front desk personnel "fixed" the problem fast (much appreciated).
I will continue to stay here.
Also, the staff do not seem at all knowledeable about their "rewards program". Management needs to meet this need, as it reflects badly on the hotel.
Thanks,
C. G.

• Stayed: November 2005, traveled on business
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 11, 2005

My name is Maria de Lurdes and I'm from Portugal. This holidays I went to Canada, Toronto and I spent the night at this hotel. Due to the Canada day and some other events happening in Toronto at the time, no others were available. The agency finally booked me this one.
I have no complains about the room, the front desk and about the breakfast service.
However the hotel didn't offer the conditions to rest. At the middle of the night I was waken up by the noises of people fighting in the corridor. The noises didn't stop for MORE THAN ONE HOUR, and I must confess that I was afraid because no one from the hotel staff interfered to solve the situation. Some other guets tried to calm the things down, but they weren't succeed...
I honestly hope that this review improves something in this hotel; I especially expect this not to repeat.

4  Thank spring-summer