“Excellent Time”

Ranked #22 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
“Excellent Time”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Our company Christmas celebration this year was an overnight package at Stage West which included room, dinner buffet, theatre and breakfast. Everyone had a great time.
All the rooms are suites with a spacious living area and seperate bedroom. No complaints about the room at all - it was spotlessly clean, well equipped with a decent size fridge, 2 televisions,coffee maker.& wifi. The bed was very comfortable.
The dinner buffet was very good. In fact there were some baked potatoes topped with sweet potatoes that I'm going to try to recreate for dinner tonight! It does get a little hairy in the buffet area since everyone is there in a 1 1/2 hour time slot before the show starts but it seemed to work out ok. The show was a Motown review which was fantastic. It seems that all the tables have a good view of the performance.
After the performance there was dancing on the stage area but I think beverage service stopped then. We all headed to the pool table area which gave us a nice spot to continue visiting and having a few drinks but don't go for the tables. One was completely out of service and the other sucked - wouldn't release the balls for play. Breakfast was just ok - typical stuff.
Overall this is a great value and I loved being able to enjoy a few drinks without worrying about driving so it's a nice package. My only real complaint is that the elevators were really bad - only 2 were working and one was quite small. It caused quite a back up around 4 pm because of all the check ins at that time. We had wanted to enjoy the pool area but didn't bother because of the time it would've taken to get back to our room - we were on the 11th floor so I did walk down the stairs but wasn't eager to walk up!!
We would definitely do this package again for an affordable little getaway.
Note: This property is no longer a Ramada. It recently became part of the Wyndham chain.

Room Tip: Poor elevator service might make a lower floor a good choice but I did enjoy the skyline view from t...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Hookedonjetfuel
RamadaPlazaTorAirpt, Manager at Sandman Signature Mississauga Hotel, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank you very much for the feedback, and we are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Please accept our apologies for the elevator delay, we are working on improving those wait times. You had mentioned that we are now a Wyndham property, actually the hotel name is still the Ramada Plaza, which falls under the umberella of the Wyndham Chain.
Thank you again for your comments, we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Korean first
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I booked two months ago for 16 ladies. Staff was amazing to deal with over the phone, and very patient with questions and changes while booking. Our Waitress and the Manager asked for me personally, introduced themselves, and hoped we enjoyed our evening. We had the best seats in the house due to booking ahead. 4 Booths front row centre! Food was excellent, everyone enjoyed. Show was too funny - DIVORCE PARTY! Obviously some older people and men didn't know exactly what they were getting themselves into, and it showed! I have been to Stage West at least 15 times....the food is definitely improving, and moving the desserts away from the main buffet was a million times better! I would definitely recommend a night out here, but research the show before you buy a ticket!!

Room Tip: They tell you that every seat in the theatre is a good one, but I disagree. I could never imagine w...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
RamadaPlazaTorAirpt, Manager at Sandman Signature Mississauga Hotel, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
We are thrilled to hear that your group enjoyed their visit. We are very pleased with the new buffet set up and menu selection, and we're glad to hear that you noticed the improvement. Be sure to check our web site at www.stagewest.com for upcoming shows. The current show is "Love Train" a musical review celebrating the best of soul and R&B and runs until February 10, 2013. This is another great show for groups to attend.
Thank you for the wonderful feedback, we look forward to seeing you again soon!
canada
Reviewed November 26, 2012

My husband and I spent a Saturday night at this hotel. The room was very nice and quiet, we got ready and headed to the buffet dinner. The food was excellent, the show was good, the desserts were excellent. The breakfast buffet was also included in our package and it was very good as well. I would go here again, and would again leave the kids at home. The only issue was the extremely long wait for the elevators. We were on the 5th floor so taking the stairs was not too much of an inconvenience, however friends of ours were on the 15th floor, needless to say they had to wait. Oh - AND - there was a lot of construction on Dixie Rd.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for the feedback. We are very pleased to hear you were able to enjoy your weekend getaway. Please accept our aplogies for the elevator delay and the construction in the area. We hope that you'll visit us again soon.
Penetanguishene, Canada
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I have been for the matinee and evening shows often in the past. It is almost a 2 hour drive, so come only once/twice a year. I've never been impressed by the lunch buffet but enjoyed the dinner spread one time.
Went to the matinee show with lunch buffet and king size suite. Enjoyed the show, found buffet lunch ordinary at best. The king size suite was excellent, very comfortable and spacious. Having the big lunch, we only wanted a light supper. Went to the lounge about 8.00 pm. Ordered a smoked meat sandwich and vegetarian stir fry. Stir fry was tasteless, soft veggies. When my sandwich arrived, it looked like an overcooked bacon sandwich. The meat was thin and crisp, terribly over cooked. Quite possibly the worst looking, worst tasting sandwich I ever half ate. The hotel advertise a new chef and upgraded menu. I do not expect the chef to prepare a smoked meat sandwich, but whoever did, I doubt this person has aspirations of becoming a chef. Truly awful.
Depending on the show, I will return, and will again upgrade to king size mattress, but my hopes for a great dining experience, even an average one, will not be high. Nice breakfast, but it should not be the highlight of the visit.
No, certainly no better than an average visit.
Spa area not good enough for this name brand hotel. Peeling paint, water slide not available during my visit. Water in hot tub seemed not very clear, but people using it told me it was fine.

Room Tip: The heater/cooler is very noisy. Facing the airport, but soundproofing is good, no exterior noise e...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
RamadaPlazaTorAirpt, Manager at Sandman Signature Mississauga Hotel, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to inform us of your concerns with regards to your recent visit. We find this information invaluable in order to provide the best possible service to our guests.

I would like to apologize for any inconvenience these concerns may have caused. Please contact me at 905-282-8202 to discuss your concerns directly.

Thank you.
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Oct 17 2012 : I went to the hotel for a one day seminar. I arrived early and sat in the very comfortable lounge and read for a little over one hour. Meeting room was nice and lunch was very good. During the afternoon session I felt a bite on my leg. When I got home there was a line of little bites. Turned out I picked up bed bugs when I was at the hotel. I think they were from the lounge which had very comfortable fabric chairs.
I called the hotel to let them know and no one returned my call. Not pleased that they didn't contact me back so I could let them know where the problem was.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Linda B

We are so sorry to hear that you encountered a problem during your stay. Also, please accept our aplogies for the lack of communication.

Kindly contact me directly at 905-282-8202 to discuss these matters further.
Ontario
Reviewed November 18, 2012

My friend and I stayed for one night with a package deal to see the Stage West show "Divorce Party". The room was fine, not fancy but had a nice seating area with a separate TV, fridge and pull out couch. The beds were comfortable enough and we found the room pleasant for our needs.

The issue we encountered that caused us grief was that there was confusion at the front desk about the start time of the show on a Sunday. Which ended with us missing the buffet completely, coming in late to the show and overall being disappointed because of this. Dino, one of the managers, was very nice and tried to correct the situation by bringing us a club sandwich from the restaurant and promising us that the theatre would comp us another show, however, I suspect that it was all talk, as I have not heard from them in almost 3 weeks, even after I called Dino and he assured me that the Theatre manager would contact me.

Too bad too. My friend and I often do these "girl" getaways and this may have been another destination except this has soured our thoughts on returning.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for one night. I liked that there was a seperate bedroom and living room. But, it was really cold, there was no thermostat on the wall, just an old heater that was extremely loud when on. It had a fridge and microwave which is handy. The shower trim was falling off, needs to be fixed. The only thing I didn't like is that the pillows were really lumpy and the bed was quite hard. It was very clean. The lounge downstairs was nice.

Room Tip: I was on the 14th floor, nice views and very quiet.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mississauga
Toronto Airport West Hotel
#25 of 60 in Mississauga
Etobicoke
Sandman Signature Toronto Airport Hotel

Been to Sandman Signature Mississauga Hotel? Share your experiences!