“Great place to stay with dinner/Theatre”

Sandman Signature Mississauga Hotel
Ranked #25 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Booked A Magical Dinner Theatre and Overnight Experience at Ramada Plaza & Stage West Theatre for September 30th 2012. This included a suite room overlooking the city of Toronto. A nice clean room with separate bedroom and bathroom and free Wi-Fi. A nice dinner buffet in the theatre before the play. Also included was a hot and cold buffet breakfast the following morning at the Haida Garden Cafe. All this for two people at a great rate.

Very easy to find the hotel located just a kilometre south of highway 401 the main highway to Toronto.

Made the booking throught jaunt.ca at a special rate with good value for money paid. Don't know how they can do this package for such a great price.

Look forward to attending this location in the future.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the south west have a good view of downtown Toronto in the distance. Hotel very close...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Bucky2

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Recently I stayed at this hotel on two different occasions. In August, 2012, I stayed one night after the dinner/show. In September, 2012, I attended my son's wedding at this hotel and stayed for 2 nights.

On both occasions, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. Everything in both rooms was in good working order. The safes were easy to operate and large. Service at the front desk was very good. The staff was accommodating. The rooms were large - having both a bedroom area and a living room area with a pull-out sofa.

Breakfasts were good with variety for everyone. Staff in the restaurant were pleasant. The food (at the buffet/show, wedding rehearsal dinner, and the wedding itself) was good.

On my first stay, I used the pool and the water was nice and warm.

After I got home, I realized that I had left my tablet charger in the room. Every effort was put in to finding my charger. They found my charger, called me, and I went back to the hotel to get it.

My son's wedding was lovely at this hotel. He was pleased with the whole process of planning and having his wedding here.

I look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I booked this many months agos after reading about thier dinner shows. It was a birthday gift for a good friend, We were having a night out without husbands. I got a great deal, and knowing what I paid for it we enjoyed ourselves. The hotel itself is in need of a facelift, but our room was clean and quiet. There was an issue with ice machines not working. Calling the front desk we found we had to go to the 15th floor to get ice. The dinner show was buffet, but that was as advertised, so we had no great expectations and we both found enough to eat. The buffet is set in a room with two stations to go to. It moves fairly quickly. Be aware though that the floors are very slippery. They have a small sign posted as such, but since they know of the problem, they should do something about it before someone gets hurt.The show itself was entertaining. I would have thought they might have bar service while it was on, or at least during the intermission, but not to be. Breakfast the next morning was busy, but many choices. Once again we had no great expectations. i would not recommend this venue at full price, but for what I paid, and an open mind we enjoyed ourselves.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I got this "deal" through Hotwire and I was disappointed. Hello, the 70's called and want their hotel back. While the lobby was glitzy, it was all for show. Typically, the front entrance reeked of cigarettes and alcohol. I concur with the review by J.D. Do not go here. The mattress was extremely hard. The pillows, as he said, were foam chunks and very uncomfortable. Even the bed sheets were too short and did not extend the entire length of the bed.

The living room area of the suite had an old sofa bed and it had a new LG digital tv. However, in the so-called bedroom, it was an old Phillips crt (around 21"), which is where I really wanted a nice tv. There was a safe in the bedroom which I like since the adjoining room door was unbolted when I first checked in.

The room was generally clean, but the walls were banged up. The front door lock was coming loose and the screws could be undone by hand. There was a "scab" patch on the door where the inner door stay had been rammed so many times, it was damaging the door.

Wallpaper in the bathroom was moldy and peeling. The washroom, though, was clean and all the plumbing seemed to work well.

The whole room also smelled of commercial disinfectant. The HVAC was marginal and could barely cope with the Toronto heat and humidity. I left it on Max cool the entire two days and it never got colder. Hallways were warm.

I did not eat at the hotel as I wanted to get as far away as I could during the day.

I recommend this entire structure be demolished and they can start all over again. If you are interested in a "cheap" play to stay and are in and out, then go for it.

I will never stay here again and I would never recommend it to anyone I Liked.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Funky_Jim29
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We were there for three nights for a family function and were shocked at how bad it was, it has a better reputation then it deserves.

Our room was really beat up and cheap (gouges in the walls, broken tiles in the bathroom, bad cable connection on the tvs, pillows were "bags" of foam pieces, closet doors that were falling off.... really poor quality all around) .

The buffet breakfast has poor selection and powdered eggs! (I mean come on...) ugh...

Service was slow and rude a lot of time.

We got trapped in an elevator and the emergency phone was dead. Luckily someone had a cellphone because no one answered the alarm when we used it.

They seemed to keep the AC off in the common areas making them uncomfortable to be in.

Really, go somewhere else this place has some serious problems and makes for a really bad venue.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank J D
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed at this hotel because we had a wedding to attend out of town. It was the hotel on the invitation so that we could get the wedding discount and it was close by. The hotel itself and the rooms were clean and bright, and the bedroom had french doors opening to it to separate it from the living room which was nice.

It would have been perfect for just a couple things:
1. the elevators are very, very slow and there is only one that seems to move. Then you get to stop on every floor.
2. Check their schedule of events. There was some silly princess party thing happening and I'm not a huge fan of hordes of children and this made it even worse. There were all these little prissy girls and mothers all over the hotel and it was quite noisy as a result. This also tied up the elevator making it annoying since we were on the top floor.
3. Check-in was horribly slow. There were about 15 check-ins ahead of us when we got there and were right at the door, almost having to stand outside. They were all kids there for the princess party and only two people working at the check-in counter. Good advice would be to have a separate check-in area for these silly parties. It ties it up for the other guests and not everyone appreciates screaming children running around them when they are waiting in line for 20 minutes.

Room Tip: Again, check to see if there are any of these parties happening....you may want to choose your room...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

Checked in and got our room with no issues. Went to room, it was hot and muggy. Checked tge A/C and it was on high. Spewing warm air. Went back to the front desk and asked to change rooms. They did appologize and changed our room with no hassle. The new room is ok. A/C works, but no body soap in this room (only facial soap) and the bedroom half of the light bulbs are burnt out. I think I will pass next time and stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mississauga
Etobicoke
Sandman Signature Toronto Airport Hotel

Been to Sandman Signature Mississauga Hotel? Share your experiences!