2,489 results
All reviews the club lounge runway view an early morning flight can't beat the location room service next morning starbucks coffee convenient location air canada between flights lobby bar connecting flight the link parking garage long flight night's sleep wake up call
Selected filters
Reviewed April 29, 2019

Rooms are very tired, bathrooms are circa 1990.
Staff try hard but as a gold elite member I had to wait over 30 minutes for them to "find " my reservation even though I had a paper copy of the reservation with me. I must have watched 25 people check in to the hotel in the "regular" line. As this was after a very long travel day at 10:30 at night and with a 6:30 am flight the next morning , this was going to be a very short hotel visit.
Beds are comfortable, rooms are quiet and it is very convenient to the terminal but still...
next time i may stay a little further away because for the cost of $269 for 6 hours I am not sure it is worth it

• Trip type: Traveled solo
SheratonGateway, General Manager at Sheraton Gateway Hotel in Toronto International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2019

Thank you for your review and for your loyalty to our brands. I am glad that you enjoy the convenience of our hotel, however, I am sorry for the delay and inconvenience at check in. I will share your feedback with my team to ensure our processes are followed.

I do hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to stay with us at the Sheraton Gateway Hotel in Toronto Airport again.

Douglas Brennan

Reviewed April 28, 2019 via mobile

Stayed here for one night because of its location in terminal 3 of the Toronto airport. It was easy to find once you went to departures. Check-in was quick and the staff was friendly. In the room you could tell that this was an older hotel but it was clean and well maintained. I would stay here again if I wanted to be in the airport for an early flight. It is a bit expensive but it is worth the convenient location.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
SheratonGateway, General Manager at Sheraton Gateway Hotel in Toronto International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2019

Thank you for your review. I am glad that you enjoyed the comforts, convenience and services of our hotel.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Sheraton Gateway Hotel In Toronto Airport when your travels bring you through Toronto Airport again.

Douglas Brennan

Reviewed April 26, 2019

While I have stayed at the Sheraton Gateway many times over the years, this most recent stay has left me less likely to return unless needed renovations are carried out or rates are lowered.

There is no arguing with the convenience of the hotel’s location, and the novelty of a terminal/monorail view is appealing, but the hallways are dingy and dated, and my room (#463) showed shocking signs of disrepair: carpet stains, chipped furniture, cracked tiles, and peeling paint.

At some point the minibar was removed from the room, the cabinet in which it was held now sealed shut. The television is a little small by Sheraton standards, and one has to call the front desk for a bathrobe.

My room service breakfast cost a laughable $64—significantly more than I have paid for breakfast at a 5 star/AAA 5 Diamond hotel elsewhere. So, overall, it was an expensive 12 hour stopover.

Until the hotel carries out needed renovations, I would book an off-site hotel (at half the price!) and deal with the inconvenience of a shuttle.

Room tip: The airport view is much more interesting than the city/parking lot view.
Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
abhishek_asm, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Gateway Hotel in Toronto International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2019

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write the review. While I am glad the convenience of the locations is useful for you, I am sorry to hear that the condition of the hotel and the meal pricing did not meet your expectations. I have shared your valuable comments with the respective team in order to enhance our service in future.
Once again, thank you for your valued feedback and we hope to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to Sheraton Gateway Toronto.

Yours in Hospitality,
Abhishek M
Guest Services Manager

Reviewed April 26, 2019

After 12 years of flying in and out of Pearson we finally ponied up and put out the money for the Sheraton Gateway. Pricey? Not when you factor in all the variables. We dropped our car off at Hertz and took the elevator to the lobby, saving us an extra day/hassle with the rental car. We rode down the escalator to the Westjet counter in Terminal 3, saving us the shuttle/early morning wait hassle. Why didn't we do this before. Bar was busy, but comfy, with the Stanley Cup on one screen and the NBA finals on the other. The beds were cosy and comfortable too, and we never had to go outside in the nasty weather to get to the airport. Brilliant location. Great hotel

Room tip: Didn't look.
Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed April 26, 2019

The big advantage is that the hotel is in the airport terminal, A bit tricky to find - some better signage would help a lot for the weary traveller. For what it costs, the initial impressions are disappointing. The hotel is dated in style and is quite shabby in places. This carries right through to the room itself. On the plus side, the bed was very comfortable and the filter coffee maker in the room produces good coffee. We did not try the breakfast because we were going straight to the airport lounge in the morning.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple