Sheraton Gateway Hotel in Toronto International Airport
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$104
$133
$122
Hilton.com
$100
Best Western Plus Toronto Airport Hotel(Mississauga)(Great Value!)
$102
$97
BestWestern.com
Comfort Inn Toronto Airport(Mississauga)(Great Value!)
$111
$94
Agoda.com
2,223 results
All reviewsthe club loungerunway viewan early morning flightcan't beat the locationnext morningstarbucks coffeeroom serviceconvenient locationair canadabetween flightsconnecting flightlobby barparking garagethe linklong flightnight's sleepchecking in
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Like others, we had an early start so it made sense to stay close to the airport - and you can't get closer than this. If you are leaving from Terminal 3 it is a short walk across a covered walkway and then down one flight of escalators (or you can use the elevator) to get into the terminal. Good beds, clean room and bathroom, great view over the runways so you can watch the planes land and take off - but zero noise. I agree a negative is the charge for internet access. A bonus, however, is a swimming pool (small but you can do tiny laps in it!) and an above average for a hotel gym.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the airport rather than the car park.
1  Thank geekgirl_11
TimReardon, General Manager at Sheraton Gateway Hotel in Toronto International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, I was pleased that you had an enjoyable stay and took the time to relax in our health club.

Our Link @Sheraton does offer our guests complimentary access to our computers and free internet access; I hope that on your next visit you are able to visit the Link.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Tim Reardon

Reviewed April 21, 2013

I was on business at Toronto for a night and stayed here.

Positives:
- To begin with, as it is directly connected to the airport, it makes it very convenient if you have work in the towns around Toronto as Airbuses are easily accessible. Plus direct connection to the terminals makes it easy to depart. In my case, after checkout, I left my luggage in the storage, finished my business for the day, came back, picked up luggage and headed for my flight. Very convenient. Though I didn't use the option, the hotel also has a very convenient late check out option with a $50 charge.

- I stayed at the Club Room. Room was spacious and clean. Television had a great choice of channels. Bathroom had all necessary amenities. Minibar had a good choice.

- Free WiFi in the room was stable and decent speeds.

- The evening hors d'oeuvres served in the club room were excellent. I especially appreciate this as in some hotels the evening hors d'oeuvres promised are a joke but not here. Great variety, great taste.

- Lovely view of the airport taxiway.

Negatives:

There were no major concerns and hence I give the property 5/5 but if I were state areas of improvement without deducting points:

- While the minibar had a good range there was no accompanying bar accessories such as wine glasses. There were only two plastic glasses. It would be nice to have some accompanying bar accessories.

- No auto-turn off/auto-turn on lights if you leave the room. You need to manually switch off the lights every time you leave. Hence not too energy-efficient.

- I may be wrong on this one, but when I was in the club room, I could see a guest room across which had it's curtains open and I could see everything in the room which gave me the impression that the room windows are completely see through. Doesn't make sense if you have a great view but can't keep the curtains open.

2  Thank WanderingGaruda
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I have stayed at a lot of properties and I couldn't wait to share the amazing experience I had last night from the moment I checked in. I was greeted and assisted by the bellman, waited in line and one of the front desk staff MJ started giving out water to everyone once she notice the long line up. I was checking in with my daughter and she even offered to assist me with her white I try and check in which was nice. Viviene checked me in and I asked to be put in a room facing the airplanes since I know it would make my 2 year old very happy. She searched hard and tried her best to give us a room and gave us the good news that she found a room facing the airport. My sister had taken my daughter while I was in the process of checking in. When I was done I noticed they were talking to Ann Marie. She was very sweet with my daughter and she had promise to send cookies to our room with milk! it blew me away. it came in the room with a personal card and it was lovely!

I wasent able to turn on the tv and Igor from maintenance was sent up to our room. He fixed it quickly and explained why It did not turn on. He was very funny and gave us smiles!.

We swam in the heated pool and the hot tub was a plus! we decided to eat in the restaurant after swimming with my family before they go on there flight. We were seated and my daughter was given crayons and coloring book.. she was also given a very cute chef hat which is unique and fun since she colored all over it. I was eating with my mother and Aunt before the take there late flight. The food was superb and everyone was happy with there meals. Overall the small details each employee had contributed made our stay memorable. From calling me by my last name at each interaction, smiles and fast service, and for the staff who made my daughter smile. Everyone made my stay special. and I just want to say THANK YOU!

S Cruz - April 19-20 2013.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank sjcruz
Reviewed April 19, 2013

The hotel is located just at the airport; you can take the complementary transportation service from terminal to the hotel. The service is really good, the people really nice and always willing to help. I stayed at 6th floor. The room was comfortable and with all what I needed to make my short stay a nice experience. For Sheraton the room was not as big as I imagined but it was ok. If you need to take a taxi from terminal to the hotel, it costs 21 Canadian dollars. The person who helps you with your bags at the airport if you need that costs 10 Canadian dollars (so is always better the self-service and the shuttle).

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Having stayed at this hotel on several occasions, I felt committed to right this review.
I was in Toronto for a business meeting at the hotel and from the moment I walk in to the afternoon I left the service and comfort at this hotel was awesome. I was greeted when I walked in the door and every time I saw a hotel employee - I was definitely not and celebrity. When I checked in I was offered a room on the club floor for an extra 60 dollars. Many people may scoff at this extravagance but it was well worth it. Free appetizers 5:30-11 and breakfast from 6:30 -11:00 The selection of appies was generous and the breakfast selection was not the usual continental - there were yogurts, fruit, wraps , muffins and pancakes. THe service was outstanding. My room was very comfortable with all the usual amenities. THe bed was super comfortable.
The only downside was I had heard that the restaurant onsite offered an outstanding blue cheese salad - that was a must - it appears that this was not on the menu when I was there. Some people may find the rates a tad pricey - depending on what rate class you have, but believe the service and comfort was well worth

Room Tip: If you can afford the $60 do upgrade to the club floor
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
TimReardon, General Manager at Sheraton Gateway Hotel in Toronto International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

I was happy to read your review and learn that you had a great stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and also for the commendation on our services and facilities and in particular, the Club Lounge and its benefits.

I am sorry that you missed our salad on the menu, the next time you are staying with us, please let your Server know and we will do our best to custom make your order. We want all our guests to have a memorable stay and my team will go the extra mile to make that happen.

Thank you once again for sharing your feedback; we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Tim Reardon