“Not a three stars hotel”

Quality Inn Airport West
Ranked #41 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Mullica Hill, New Jersey
“Not a three stars hotel”
Reviewed August 26, 2014

Price and location was good. Not a place to stay with family. Beds were small and uncomfortable.
Bathroom sink had permanent yellow color stains. My son refused to use the sink. Bath tub has scum and was dirty.
My wife got stuck in the bathroom when the lock broke down lucky I had master key to get her out.

Staff did their best to offer no smile.
Location was great.

• Stayed August 2014
4 Thank Jamal A
QIAWManagement, General Manager at Quality Inn Airport West, responded to this review, September 15, 2014
Dear Jamal A,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. I sincerely apologize that you felt our hotel was not appropriate for a family stay. Rest assured your comments will be addressed. As for the door lock, we have tested it and it worked, however to be on the safe side, we had the lock replaced in case it was a faulty mechanism.

I do hope that you give us another chance to show you that we are more than a three star property.

Regards
Melissa Barban

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Carmel, Indiana
Reviewed August 20, 2014

Overall negative experience, would not recommend. Arrived Monday Aug. 18th evening to no one at front desk. Eventually attendant showed up without smile or greeting. Very negative customer service experience from her. Booked through Priceline but had to pay extra to get double beds. Attendant did not tell me there would be a $100 deposit charged to credit card. First room given had lights that did not work, second room given had smoke smells. The nice lobby and free wifi are the only pros I can think of.

Overall disappointed with experience at Quality Inn Airport West and will try to avoid ChoiceHotels in future.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
5 Thank Mona S
QIAWManagement, General Manager at Quality Inn Airport West, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
Dear Mona S,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience with our hotel. I am utmost disappointed in the experienced our team delivered to you and would like to discuss this personally. If you can please email me your contact information so I can contact you for more details.
All guest are required to put a security deposit which is not a charge but a hold of funds on your account to cover incidentals such as movies charges, phone calls etc. It is released upon checkout.
I hope that you give us a second chance to show you that we do deliver great service and your experience does not represent our service culture here at QIAW.

Melissa Barban
London, Canada
Reviewed August 10, 2014

We stayed here for 1 night and booked a room through Hotwire, which included free parking and WiFi.

Great staff, very pleasant and nice, room was good as well, just noticed a kind of stale smell, but nothing that can't be fixed with a little bit of fresh air.

WiFi worked great, as I had to put in some work hours in. Very close to the highway, so a good location if you want to drive to Toronto or any other place in the GTA.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
QIAWManagement, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Airport West, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Dear Anya Z,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at the Quality Inn Airport West. We truly appreciate your feedback as it is our goal to ensure guest satisfaction and we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay.
We hope you think of us again the next time you are in Mississauga/Toronto, we look forward to welcoming you again.

P.S. Please don't forget to "Like" our Facebook page!

La Paz, Mexico
Reviewed August 7, 2014

Hi! We stayed here for 4 nights during June 2014. We found the rooms very comfortable!!!! We were impressed with the excellent service that Vanessa Stirizzotti at the front desk gave us. She was the person that made our stay so agreeable.
Unfortunately at that moment their restaurant had closed down and only offered continental breakfast. This had been an important aspect at the time of the reservation since, being a group of 9 people, we had hoped for a substantial breakfast in order to begin our day.
The hotel doesn't have an elevator to that first and only floor which was unfortunate. Lugging all our bags was rather awkward. But in the long run we really found it quite comfortable.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
QIAWManagement, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Airport West, responded to this review, August 9, 2014
Dear Carolyn B,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at the Quality Inn Airport West. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am honored that I could provide you with the service you deserve, as a manager I try to lead by example and I hope my good qualities rub off on everyone on my team. Thank you for your kind words, and we hope you have a wonderful time in the city with your whole family!

We hope to welcome you again the next time you are back in the area.

P.S. Please don't forget to "Like" our Facebook page.

Warm regards,
Maitland, Ontario
Reviewed August 3, 2014

I stayed here one night, solo, on a Park-Fly-Sleep, checking the place out for future Sleep-Park-Fly stays with my wife. It passes muster. It is impossible to book a Park-Fly-Sleep (in that order) on-line (software programmers - please take note and please fix it).

There is no elevator, so if you have heavy luggage, you will want to be on the ground floor.
I checked in early and had heavy luggage; the front desk staff accommodated by changing my assigned room to one that was ready on the first floor.

I had a queen room. The rooms are in need of a little updating, but the hotel seems to be in the middle of a complete makeover. The bed was very comfortable. TV and Wi-Fi worked well. The lights in the room were inadequate, but that is generally true for all hotels as they attempt to reduce electrical costs. Despite being under a flyway, the room was quiet, except for a few inconsiderate rowdies who checked in/returned during the night.

The restaurant is closed but ‘Timmies’ is next door and other restaurants are close-by. I understand my Sleep-Park-Fly package does not include breakfast, but even a continental breakfast would be nice (there is a coffee pot in the lobby).

The hotel is close to the airport and provides a free shuttle service through a sub-contract. I had difficulty identifying the shuttle on my return from the airport.

I have already booked future Sleep-Park-Fly stays at this location.

Room Tip: If you have heavy luggage, ask for a ground fllor room near an exit.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
QIAWManagement, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Airport West, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Dear Old_Piper,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We truly appreciate the feedback as it is our goal to strive for our guest's satisfaction. Your review is filled with great details that all travelers coming to the area would need to know. Thank you for making sure that others have all the information they need to make the decision to stay with us. Yes, we are in the process of giving our property a face lift and we are glad that you noticed.

We look forward to welcoming you again for your next Sleep-Park-Fly.

P.S. Please don't forget to "Like" our Facebook page!

Ontario
Reviewed August 2, 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights in July 2014. The staff were pleasant. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. The towels were very thin and we left a note for our housekeeper requesting more and every morning she provided us with extra bath and hand towels and face cloths.

The restaurant was undergoing and reopening of sorts and was subject to limited hours. We strolled in the first morning and were given a choice of continental or hot breakfast (no mention of price). All we wanted was coffee and toast. The two of us were served half full cups of coffee (I think the young, pleasant waitress was just training) and three pieces of "coldish" white toast and two croissants. There was an abundance of strawberry spread packages on the table (no other condiments for toast)....although she did offer to bring some peanut butter in a small dish when we asked for a small package but we declined. One of us had a glass of juice. The total for this breakfast.....just over $18. Typical continental breakfast price in a hotel?

There is ample parking. There is no refrigerator or microwave in the rooms which is disappointing. We booked through hotwire so no complaints about the rate. All in all I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear 1thatlovestoshop,

Thank you reviewing your recent stay with us at the Quality Inn Airport West. We are glad to hear that you had a good stay. Our restaurant is working under limited hours as they have just been taken over by a new owner. I apologize on behalf of the restaurant for your disappointment, I will be sure to pass along your comments. It is our goal to strive for excellence and honest feedback will help us in the right direction.

We hope to welcome you again soon.

P.S. Please don't forget to "Like" our page on Facebook!

Pensacola Beach, Florida
Reviewed August 2, 2014

we booked a reservation of two days for this hotel through a online travel service, named TravelNow.com. What a mistake! We were unaware that the hotel was undergoing renovations, specifically the carpet was being replaced. When we arrived our assigned room on the 2nd floor was not cleaned and ready for occupancy. Without extending us a choice of rooms, they put us in a room on the 1st floor adjacent to the ice machine, which people were using during the night and early morning. The adhesive glue smell of the new carpet in the hallway was overwhelming. We decided the first evening that we could not stay the 2nd night. We informed the management of our reasons for staying only one night, but they said we had to take the matter up with TravelNow.com. We spoke with them by telephone, and they said we had to speak to the on location management the following day. We had a early morning appointment at 7 am, we spoke with management and specifically asked for a written receipt for one day’s charges but they refused to give us one. Despite emailed communication with TravelNow.com they charged our account the full amount for 2 nights stay, though we were only there one night and were obliged to take a room with another hotel, Holiday Inn which professionally gave us a itemized receipt.All in all, $214 is an incredible amount to pay for one night in a hotel that offers and treat its guests in this manner. Beware of TravelNow.Com and this hotel.

Room Tip: Make sure hotel management/ staff communicates honestly and courteously all charges of the room requ...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank Winston-and-I
Dear Winston-and-I,

First off I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, secondly I apologize for failing to meet your expectations. Yes, we are currently undergoing carpet installations and minor renovations to the property, our brand webpage did have the information of our updates, I can not say the same for TravelNow.com. In regards to the billing issues I would appreciate if you could either email me at fom@qualityinnairportwest.com, or you can call 905-890-1200 ext. 310. I will need more details in order to explain and rectify the situation.

I look forward to hearing from you to see if we can have everything straightened out. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience.

Kind Regards,