“A Good Room”

Quality Inn Airport West
Ranked #38 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Reviewed November 4, 2012

First the positives: The staff was very friendly (we received a welcome package after checking in), the room was clean, spacious, nicely appointed and quiet, the bed very comfortable, the wi fi was generally fast except for a a few hours in the late afternoon, very close to many restaurants, shopping and entertainment, close to Hwy 401.
The negatives: No microwave or fridge, the use of a rather strong fragrance in their cleaning products (we were able to air the room and it disappeared but could be smelled in the rest of the hotel), fitness room was marginal
There is no complimentary breakfast but there is a restaurant on site. We had dinner there one night and it was just OK. There is also a Tim Hortons next door.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank TravelerTeri
QIAWManagement, General Manager at Quality Inn Airport West, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Dear Traveler Teri,

Thank you for taking the time to voice your experience on Trip Advisor. It is always beneficial to hear from our guests and receive their valuable feedback about our hotel because we value your patronage and certainly want to know how we can continue to improve our service. I am sorry you were not completely satisfied on this occasion, and I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced.

We sincerely appreciate your feedback, as it provides us with the information needed to correct problems and improve on the services we offer our guests. I have personally spoken to our executive housekeeper to refrain from using the air freshner and we are sourcing something less fragrant. I have reviewed your comments with my team and we will be addressing your comments in our staff meeting.

We hope to have the opportunity to provide accommodations for you in the future and show you how your remarks were used constructively. Again, thank you for your comments. We look forward to accommodating your lodging needs again in the future. Thank you for your business.

warmest regards

Reviewed August 21, 2012

When I stepped out of my taxi, the hotel looked acceptable at first. However, as soon as I went inside, I noticed a rather strong tacky fragrance. I think most hotels these days, even the bargain ones, try to keep the fragrances minimal... unless if there was something to hide. Nevertheless, I hoped it was going to be okay.

Clearly, this was not the case as things just went downhill. The check-in attendant was really rude and slow (it took 18 mins to process two rooms - another traveler's and then mine), and it seemed like he just didn't care at all. He essentially barked at me, saying there was no elevator in this hotel. I don't get why I got that verbal abuse since my room was on the first floor.

When I finally got my room access card, I walked down the hallway to my room. A good thing was the hallway was very wide. However, the fragrance permeated throughout the entire hotel, even my room. Once inside my room, I realized some of the lamps were not plugged in. No big deal I thought... I just plugged them back in myself.

However, when I went to the sink to wash my hands, the water refused to drain at all. I attached photos if you want to take a look. Upon a closer look, I saw that the faucet plunger was missing. I guess housekeeping didn't even bother to notice this and get a repair done! Since it was getting late and I was staying for just one night, I didn't call the manager.

When I got into bed, I noticed that the bed sheets had dirt (or maybe something else?) stains on them. I attached a photo for you guys to see. I can only wonder if housekeeping is deciding to be lazy and to skip over changing the sheets after each guest checks out of a room. By this point I'm actually worried... but it was already 12:30 am and I had to wake up at 7:30 the next morning.

Some pros were:

-- The check-out staff was quicker and also more friendly.

Additional cons included:

-- No AC/heater control. There was a cooling unit in the room, but they sealed off the built-in control panel and didn't provide a wall control anywhere in the room.
-- Door was narrower than average - large luggage won't fit through easily.
-- TV was not flat-screen. I know it's a Quality Inn, but all of the Choice Hotel Group accommodations I have visited did include flat-screen TVs.

Overall, it was a terrible experience and I simply can't recommend this hotel to anyone. There are a lot of other hotels in the area, so you have many options out there.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Ryan P
Melissa G, General Manager at Quality Inn Airport West, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2012

Dear Ryan P,

Thank you for taking the time to voice your experience on Trip Advisor. It is always beneficial to hear from our guests and receive their valuable feedback about our hotel because we value your patronage and certainly want to know how we can continue to improve our service. I am sorry you were disappointed on this occasion, and I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced.

Quality Inn Airport West takes guest feedback very seriously, I would like it if you could contact me directly at 905-890-6776 so that I can confirm your room no and address as we would want to ensure we do not overlook this as I have looked for your name and cannot find you in my system

Cordially

Reviewed July 26, 2012

The staff were very friendly. The hotel is very nice, clean and well maintained. The noise level is very low even though planes fly low above this area. Convenient location close to restaurants, a movie theater and shopping areas!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
9  Thank Doophenshmitrz
Melissa G, General Manager at Quality Inn Airport West, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2012

Dear Business Traveller,

Thank you for taking the time to rate us. It is always beneficial to hear from our guests and receive their valuable feedback about our hotel because we value your patronage and certainly want to know how we can continue to improve our service.

Warm Regards

Reviewed July 2, 2012

The front desk staff was courteous and efficient. The room we stayed in was clean and had two large comfortable double beds. There was a restaurant on site and we ate there the first night and the food was excellent.

This hotel exceeds your expectations and provides excellent customer service.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
9  Thank Rebuilder
Melissa G, General Manager at Quality Inn Airport West, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2012

Dear Rebuilder,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy life to let us know how our team is doing. We sincerely appreciate your positive words of praise and reassures us that we are on the right track. In this day and age people often make notes of the negatives and it is not often that people tell us when we are doing right.

I will share your comments with our team so they can continue to keep up the great work.

I personally appreciate your business and hope to serve you soon on your next visit to our city.

warmest regards

Reviewed June 21, 2012

I had a great time staying here. Stayed two nights total. Room was excellent. Bathroom was very nice. I also found the staff at the front desk to be charming, and extremely accommodating. Good value for the price. Overall positive experience.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
6  Thank Rachel W

Dear RachelFoodie,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. The team and I appreciate your positive words and feel delighted to continue to serve our guests. It is not often that people tell us when we are doing right. I will share your comments with our team so they can continue to keep a great spirit.

Thank you for your business and we hope to serve you soon.

Warm Regards

Reviewed June 5, 2012

I don't usually leave reviews for hotels that I stay at for one night, especially airport hotels, but I felt I must leave one for the fantastic experience we had!

I'm not sure but I think this may be a family run hotel (and may be the same family that runs the restaurant). We dealt with 3-4 different people at the front desk (just as a matter of course), and every person was probably the most friendly and best customer service I've had at a hotel, ever. They were just very happy, curious about our itinerary, and overall friendly people, so refreshing!

The hotel itself was much nicer than I expected for a Quality Inn. I've stayed at places with more prestigious brands and much worse accommodations. The lobby was very nice, the rooms were big, clean, updated (they had LCD Tv's, and a Keurig!). We didn't try the restaurant, but I wish we could have, it looked like they'd have some good food there!

The one downside was the location, as it's a bit far away from the airport if that's your purpose for staying. I'd say about a 15-20 minute drive. This was really not a big deal, but it's the reality of it. Definitely not enough of an inconvenience to not stay here!

The only minor issue we had was getting a shuttle from the hotel to the airport. We didn't realize we should have called the hotel ahead of time to let them know we wanted a shuttle (we though maybe they just ran on a regular basis). So we ended up waiting an hour at the hotel for the shuttle. Luckily we were in no rush as we were way ahead of time. The hotel should maybe make this a bit more clear to travelers, however to be fair, we booked through a park and fly type deal, not the hotel directly, so some of the blame lies with that service for not being clear on this. But again, this was a minor inconvenience, not a big deal at all.

When we got to the airport and called for a shuttle back to the hotel, we only waited about 5 minutes. We were waiting with about 20 other people and worried they were all on the same shuttle, however when ours pulled up (first I might add), we were the only two going to that hotel, so we got picked up first, and left all the others behind waiting... Hah! The shuttle drivers were very nice as well, both ways.

All in all, my expectations were thoroughly surpassed with the customer service, quality of the hotel, and how smooth our experience was. I will definitely book here again if I need a hotel airport! Great job!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Redth

Dear Redth,

We are most happy that you enjoyed your stay and that everything was to your satisfaction, this tells us that we are certainly doing something right. I will share your excellent feedback with my team so that they can feel proud of their hard work.

I don't think we have ever received such an overwhelming positive response, however it is much appreciated as it feels our passion and dedication is paying off. Just to let you know it is not family run but owned by a hotel group. I am glad that you liked the Keurig makers.

Again, thank you for your comments. We look forward to accommodating your lodging needs again in the future. P.S. Thank you for making an exception and leaving comments for our team.

See you soon.

Warm regards

Reviewed May 31, 2012

We stayed here the night before our flight and the lobby was very impressive, our room was quite large with a comfortable bed and a nice tv. It was really quite lovely. The restaurant in the hotel was nice and the staff were wonderful. The front desk staff were pleasant and made sure the shuttle was there the next morning on time to get us to the airport. We left our car there for a week while we were away and picked it up all safe and sound when we returned . We would definetly stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank CubaqueenOntario

Dear Cuba Queen,

I guess you love going to Cuba. I have never been there, but heard it's lovely. Can I fit into your suitcase the next time you leave? On a more serious note, I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with our team, it is always beneficial to hear from our guests and receive their valuable feedback about our hotel because we value your patronage and certainly want to know how we can continue to improve our service.

We are most happy that you enjoyed your stay and that everything was to your satisfaction, this tells us that we are certainly doing something right. I will share your feedback with my team so that they can continue to aspire for positive results.

We look forward to accommodating your lodging needs again in the future. Let us know what you think of our new carpets on your next visit. See you soon!!

Cordially,