“Great room, very friendly staff”

Quality Inn Airport West
Ranked #40 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Hamilton, Canada
“Great room, very friendly staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2012

I had a great time staying here. Stayed two nights total. Room was excellent. Bathroom was very nice. I also found the staff at the front desk to be charming, and extremely accommodating. Good value for the price. Overall positive experience.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
6 Thank Rachel W
, General Manager at Quality Inn Airport West, responded to this review, June 22, 2012
Dear RachelFoodie,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. The team and I appreciate your positive words and feel delighted to continue to serve our guests. It is not often that people tell us when we are doing right. I will share your comments with our team so they can continue to keep a great spirit.

Thank you for your business and we hope to serve you soon.

Warm Regards

Melissa Guyadeen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2012

I don't usually leave reviews for hotels that I stay at for one night, especially airport hotels, but I felt I must leave one for the fantastic experience we had!

I'm not sure but I think this may be a family run hotel (and may be the same family that runs the restaurant). We dealt with 3-4 different people at the front desk (just as a matter of course), and every person was probably the most friendly and best customer service I've had at a hotel, ever. They were just very happy, curious about our itinerary, and overall friendly people, so refreshing!

The hotel itself was much nicer than I expected for a Quality Inn. I've stayed at places with more prestigious brands and much worse accommodations. The lobby was very nice, the rooms were big, clean, updated (they had LCD Tv's, and a Keurig!). We didn't try the restaurant, but I wish we could have, it looked like they'd have some good food there!

The one downside was the location, as it's a bit far away from the airport if that's your purpose for staying. I'd say about a 15-20 minute drive. This was really not a big deal, but it's the reality of it. Definitely not enough of an inconvenience to not stay here!

The only minor issue we had was getting a shuttle from the hotel to the airport. We didn't realize we should have called the hotel ahead of time to let them know we wanted a shuttle (we though maybe they just ran on a regular basis). So we ended up waiting an hour at the hotel for the shuttle. Luckily we were in no rush as we were way ahead of time. The hotel should maybe make this a bit more clear to travelers, however to be fair, we booked through a park and fly type deal, not the hotel directly, so some of the blame lies with that service for not being clear on this. But again, this was a minor inconvenience, not a big deal at all.

When we got to the airport and called for a shuttle back to the hotel, we only waited about 5 minutes. We were waiting with about 20 other people and worried they were all on the same shuttle, however when ours pulled up (first I might add), we were the only two going to that hotel, so we got picked up first, and left all the others behind waiting... Hah! The shuttle drivers were very nice as well, both ways.

All in all, my expectations were thoroughly surpassed with the customer service, quality of the hotel, and how smooth our experience was. I will definitely book here again if I need a hotel airport! Great job!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank Redth
Dear Redth,

I don't think we have ever received such an overwhelming positive response, however it is much appreciated as it feels our passion and dedication is paying off. Just to let you know it is not family run but owned by a hotel group. I am glad that you liked the Keurig makers.

Again, thank you for your comments. We look forward to accommodating your lodging needs again in the future. P.S. Thank you for making an exception and leaving comments for our team.

See you soon.

Warm regards

Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2012

We stayed here the night before our flight and the lobby was very impressive, our room was quite large with a comfortable bed and a nice tv. It was really quite lovely. The restaurant in the hotel was nice and the staff were wonderful. The front desk staff were pleasant and made sure the shuttle was there the next morning on time to get us to the airport. We left our car there for a week while we were away and picked it up all safe and sound when we returned . We would definetly stay there again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank CubaqueenOntario
Dear Cuba Queen,

I guess you love going to Cuba. I have never been there, but heard it's lovely. Can I fit into your suitcase the next time you leave? On a more serious note, I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with our team, it is always beneficial to hear from our guests and receive their valuable feedback about our hotel because we value your patronage and certainly want to know how we can continue to improve our service.

We are most happy that you enjoyed your stay and that everything was to your satisfaction, this tells us that we are certainly doing something right. I will share your feedback with my team so that they can continue to aspire for positive results.

We look forward to accommodating your lodging needs again in the future. Let us know what you think of our new carpets on your next visit. See you soon!!

London, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2012

I have been traveling a lot across Ontario in the last 18 months and I stay at a lot of different motels/hotels. When I arrived today I was greeted by name before I got to the desk and made to feel welcome. The staff at this location should be in the business of training people at other hotels how to be friendly and showing an interest in the person standing across the desk. I come to this location whenever I am in the area even if it means I have to drive a little further to get here. The rooms have always been clean and well looked after.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank jr6666
Dear Jr6666

We are most happy that you enjoyed your stay and that everything was to your satisfaction, this tells us that we are certainly doing something right. I will share your excellent feedback with my team so that they can continue to aspire for great results.

We recognize that it is guests like you that help our hotel succeed and our jobs are because of guests patronizing us such as you. We sincerely love being hospitable and hope to see you soon.

pembroke
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2012

As a hotel manager myself, I am probably a little more critical than most travellers. I stayed at this hotel to attend a meeting that was hosted there. My room was spotless and very well decored. I had made a special request that was met to my delight. I enjoyed a wonderful dinner in the restaurant. The meeting room was perfect in size for our group. I was able to meet the manager and found her to be extremely dedicated to the satisfaction of her guests. I would most certainly stay there in future when in TO for pleasure. An excellent hotel, a great team, a great product and all at a reasonable price.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
8 Thank Carolyn A
Dear heretoserve,

As a fellow colleague, we do sometimes get wrapped up in our daily piles, however it is always exciting for me when I get to be at the desk interacting with our guests because they are the reason we exist.

Thank you dearly for taking the time to personally leave positive comments for our team, I will certainly share your feedback so the staff know that they are doing things right and that they continue to strive for success.

Warm Regards

Oshawa on
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2012

I must Say Housekeepers are doing fabulous job. not even a single hair i have found in bath tub carpet was clean room was fresh and well set i saw the housekeeping Manager i think her name is Seema Saju oh ! perfect Lady good looking professional knows how to do the things..

Yes i will come back here.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter"
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Toni R
Melissa G, General Manager at Quality Inn Airport West, responded to this review, May 3, 2012

We are most happy that you enjoyed your stay and that everything was to your satisfaction, this tells us that we are certainly doing something right. I will share your excellent feedback with my team so that they can feel proud of their hard work. Seema is definitely an asset to our hotel and we are proud to have her as part of our team.

Again, thank you for your comments. We look forward to accommodating your lodging needs again in the future. Next time you come in ask for her or you may even find her personally cleaning your room if you are lucky.

Dundas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2012

I had my stay in 2 weeks ago in Quality Inn Air port west. wow the Service. nice Greeting at desk
Hotel was smelling nice and fresh hallways were clear it is hard to see in the big brand hotels even.
its s small hotel but, i must say housekeeping was great!!! Room attendants looks happy management must be doing very good to keep staff that much happy i wanna to meet Housekeeping Manager but got little late for my Flight.
Well Done i will come back Soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Tim Horton is just 2 step away so why waste your money in Juno Thai Resto?
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
6 Thank Panaya J

We are most happy that you enjoyed your stay and that everything was to your satisfaction, this tells us that we are certainly doing something right. I will pass your comment along to our entire team, it is positive feedback like this that gives the staff the momentum to continually improve service. I am sure you will make their day!

Again, thank you for your comments. We look forward to accommodating your lodging needs again in the future. See you soon.