I don't usually leave reviews for hotels that I stay at for one night, especially airport hotels, but I felt I must leave one for the fantastic experience we had!
I'm not sure but I think this may be a family run hotel (and may be the same family that runs the restaurant). We dealt with 3-4 different people at the front desk (just as a matter of course), and every person was probably the most friendly and best customer service I've had at a hotel, ever. They were just very happy, curious about our itinerary, and overall friendly people, so refreshing!
The hotel itself was much nicer than I expected for a Quality Inn. I've stayed at places with more prestigious brands and much worse accommodations. The lobby was very nice, the rooms were big, clean, updated (they had LCD Tv's, and a Keurig!). We didn't try the restaurant, but I wish we could have, it looked like they'd have some good food there!
The one downside was the location, as it's a bit far away from the airport if that's your purpose for staying. I'd say about a 15-20 minute drive. This was really not a big deal, but it's the reality of it. Definitely not enough of an inconvenience to not stay here!
The only minor issue we had was getting a shuttle from the hotel to the airport. We didn't realize we should have called the hotel ahead of time to let them know we wanted a shuttle (we though maybe they just ran on a regular basis). So we ended up waiting an hour at the hotel for the shuttle. Luckily we were in no rush as we were way ahead of time. The hotel should maybe make this a bit more clear to travelers, however to be fair, we booked through a park and fly type deal, not the hotel directly, so some of the blame lies with that service for not being clear on this. But again, this was a minor inconvenience, not a big deal at all.
When we got to the airport and called for a shuttle back to the hotel, we only waited about 5 minutes. We were waiting with about 20 other people and worried they were all on the same shuttle, however when ours pulled up (first I might add), we were the only two going to that hotel, so we got picked up first, and left all the others behind waiting... Hah! The shuttle drivers were very nice as well, both ways.
All in all, my expectations were thoroughly surpassed with the customer service, quality of the hotel, and how smooth our experience was. I will definitely book here again if I need a hotel airport! Great job!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 108 rm hotel offering a mix of traditional, business executive and Jacuzzi suites. We offer spacious modern rooms renovated in 2013. On Site Viet-Thai Junos restaurant, Fitness Centre with Dry Sauna and Business Centre. Guests will appreciate several dining options within walking distance as well as being close to Playdium, Square One Shopping Centre and Hershey Centre Arena. All Choice Priveleges guests receive extra perks including welcome snack baskets.. Come visit us today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Choice Hotels, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Quality Inn Airport West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn Airport West Hotel Mississauga
- Quality Inn Mississauga
- Mississauga Quality Inn
- Quality Inn Airport West Mississauga, Ontario