“Better value elsewhere”

Novotel Toronto Mississauga Center
Ranked #33 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Stayed here in April for a three day conference held at the hotel. This review is a complete reflection on the quality of the hotel itself, the staff was excellent, helpful, and a breeze to deal with. Novotel pretty much defines "average", however with that being said it is certainly worse than most hotels I've stayed at. A good word to describe it would be dated, the room designs are weird to say the least and the bed comes with two tiny, tiny pillows.

I'm not really picky nor do I like ripping on hotels, I also stayed for free so it didn't bug me much that this hotel was pretty much sub-par across the board. The hotel food was definitely decent we ate here for lunch every day and that was certainly a bright spot. The bar selection is dreadful I believe your choices of beer are Sapporo and Coors light on tap? If not then something just like that.

We are returning to the second half of the conference later this month I'm not dreading it but I can confidently say if it was on my dime I wouldn't even consider staying here. There are better options for the same price no doubt.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
DDolivet, General Manager at Novotel Toronto Mississauga Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your experience at the hotel. I am sorry to read that some of our services did not meet with your expectations.
I am glad you are returning and would be happy to meet with you to ensure your stay is better accommodated this time.
Please feel free to reach out to me when you are at the hotel.

There are newer reviews for Novotel Toronto Mississauga Center

Reviewed April 14, 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed April 2, 2014

There is nothing fancy or special about this hotel. There is also nothing at all wrong with the hotel. The rooms and the building were clean and functional. The facilities are nice enough. I had some very loud neighbors, but that is not the hotel's fault. The hotel apologized for their noise. I don't know if they did anything about it, but I was not terribly bothered about it either. The shuttle driver dropped me at my office at 9.00 AM and asked me if he could pick me up for the airport since he told me not to book a taxi from the front desk, a day before. I said yes,at 4.00 PM.
He came on time to pick me up but at the Airport demanded $65.00 for the trip. I asked him, as to why he didn't tell me it would be charged? He said,he owns and run the shuttle within the city only for the hotel,and it would be extra for the Airport. I was left with no choice but to pay him $65.00 as I would have missed the flight.
Be careful of this shuttle driving scammer!!!

1  Thank 893David
DDolivet, General Manager at Novotel Toronto Mississauga Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share with me your recent experience at the hotel.
I would like to convey my most sincere apologies for the incidents you have encountered during your stay and the inconvenience caused.
I was made aware the next morning on the noise disturbance. For your information, our hotel reception associates contacted the hotel guest occupying the noisy guest room.

In regards to the limousine driver, the hotel works with a prefered limousine company who charges $48 for airport transfer. We have never encountered this situation before and suspect that the limousine you took that morning was not the prefered company of the hotel.

Once again, I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedbacks and will ensure these are shared with our team members.

I hope this matter will not prevent you from returning as we would much appreciate another opportunity to show you that we can do much better.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

This hotel is decent, but there are better choices. I won't stay here again.

If you're not familiar with Novotel, it's a simple, mid-level hotel with basic limited amenities. I'd describe it as a modern Holiday Inn.

The hotel is very clean and the front-desk is prompt and organized. The room was especially clean. Housekeeping here is on their game!

The biggest let-down was the breakfast. It's buffet style (first red flag) with a large selection of "hot items", all served stone-cold at 7:30 AM! Ever tried to eat stone cold french toast & bacon?! Yep, it's horrible. Everything was cold and the staff were clueless to the problem. There are no alternative places to eat close by, so this experience really sucked.

Also, there's no on-site parking so you'll need to pay $13 extra to park. And .. the hotel bar's food service closes quite early, so don't show up hungry @ 10PM like I did! You'll be directed to a fridge behind the front desk where they keep some sandwiches.

Room Tip: I stayed in "exec king" on the 15th floor. Nice room.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
DDolivet, General Manager at Novotel Toronto Mississauga Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel Mississauga. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

Stayed for a night on a business trip. The room was small compared to some of other hotels I have stayed. It looked fresh and newly done. Lots of airline crew as well, as its closer to the Airport.The check in was smooth and easy.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank rshamni
DDolivet, General Manager at Novotel Toronto Mississauga Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on your recent stay at the Novotel Mississauga Center.
I take pleasure to read your positive comment and would like to thank you for the feedback which will be shared with teams.

I trust you had a safe journey back home and look forward to welcome you again soon on your next trip to Mississauga.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Attended a conference at this hotel and am relieved that I didn't elect to stay here overnight. It was a disaster from start to finish. I begin with the outrageously overpriced, labyrinthine, sardine can parking structure. The entire thing was dimly lit and the entrances marked by poor signage. The coffee service was lukewarm at best and the bussing services were non-existent in the dimly lit basement where my conference was held. One positive: the room's acoustics and media equipment worked. Lunch, in the hotel's main floor restaurant, was served at a snail's pace making several participants late returning from the hour-long break. Again, this was one floor above and no one ordered multiple courses. When I attempted to leave the hotel, I discovered that the single available paid parking machine was out of service, necessitating a wait in line for a lengthy payment process for the poor value parking. I would avoid at all costs and will not be attending any other events advertised at this location.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
DDolivet, General Manager at Novotel Toronto Mississauga Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Reviewed March 5, 2014

This is a very pleasant hotel with helpful staff and we had a comfortable spacious room. Breakfast (buffet) was excellent and we were very impressed with Donald who served us daily and gave good local travel advice. We would certainly stay here again.

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for choosing the Novotel Mississauga on your last trip.
I sincerely appreciate the time you took to share your experience. It is a pleasure to receive such a positive review and you may rest assure that your kind message will be shared with the teams as well as to Don who will enjoy reading it.

Thank you and we look forward to welcome you back soon at the Novotel.