“Not a family place on Friday/Saturday nights”
Review of Green Acres Motel

Green Acres Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mississauga
Green Acres Motel
Ranked #46 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Reviewed October 31, 2005

The motel is clean and fairly decent for the money. The size of the room was fine. We stayed on a Friday night with three young children and didn't have any problems with the room itself.

The problem - and this was a fairly big one - was that there seemed to be an unusual amount of "activity" during the night, particularly after the local night clubs would have closed. Not wild parties or anything like that, but "energetic" couples finding a place to cap off their night (or so it seemed to our ears).

The walls were a bit thin - my wife and I were thankful that the kids didn't wake up and ask what all the strange noises coming from the next room were!!!! :)

It was more humorous than anything, but something you should consider before booking here.

• Stayed: February 2005
3  Thank 007bond007

Reviewed August 16, 2005

If you are looking for a cheap, clean place to sleep this is the place for you. Motel is just off Lake Shore Drive just 10 minutes to downtown Toronto. Even thought the motel was just of the street it was screened from the road by trees and was quite quiet. If seems to be the place all the contractors in the area stay. The only problem I found was the water pressure in the shower wasn't that great.

2  Thank Buffercat125
Reviewed August 16, 2005

We were quite disappointed with this choice. The pictures on their website certainly do not reflect the place we stayed at. The little 'patio' area was small, most plants were dead/dying. Granted, we paid $90 for 2 people, so I didn't expect fancy. BUT...our fridge was barely functioning, You had to pay for ice in the ice machines. No cups in the room (not even little plastic ones) No bathmat. The towels were small and threadbare. No coffee machine. Rooms were not as clean as I would have hoped. The office does not open in the morning until 10AM. There were several customers who needed help earlier and could not get anyone from the office. The locks on the doors did not make us feel very secure. The location is not 'next to' Lake Ontario like their map would indicate...there is a plant of some sort across the street, and absolutely no sight of water anywhere.

• Stayed: August 2005
4  Thank Baglen
Ottawa, ONtario
Reviewed August 15, 2005

My inlaws found this place about 5 years ago and when I heard the price, I thought it would be a dump, but it really is a great value for your money, if you want a room just to sleep. It's very clean, quiet, great staff. I go there everytime i'm in toronto and I've been then about 7 times in the past 5 years. I did stay at the Royal York in Toronto for $250 per night for the same size room.

• Stayed: July 2005
Coventry, UK
Reviewed November 26, 2004

I stayed here while I visited my friend three years ago. Lovely staff. When they saw I was staying by myself they gave me the room behind the security door which was very nice of them. Loved my time there. I would use the facilities again

Sarnia, ON
Reviewed September 20, 2004

We were looking for something relatively inexpensive, but clean and comfortable. Originally booked for 1 night and ended up staying for 3. The staff was friendly and accommodating and the room was small but clean. The refrigerator in the room was a definite bonus.

It's not necessary to spend a fortune to stay in the Toronto area. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2004
Madison, WI
Reviewed September 18, 2003

Yes, the astroturf and patio furniture are a bit silly looking at the front of the motel, however, this motel it is a wonderful nights sleep for $25-30 US. Room included a refridgerator at no cost. If your wife or girlfriend likes chandaliers and caviar, you have definitely come to the wrong place. If you like a very cozy spot for a great nights sleep with soft comfy beds and a spotlessly clean bathroom, then you have the right motel. Cheap, very clean, cozy, soft beds.

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member