“Its just OK” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Green Acres Motel

Green Acres Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mississauga
Green Acres Motel
Ranked #47 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Windsor
“Its just OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

Very average place. If you do any amount of travelling you will know what to expect for the price you pay. Sometimes you get a nice surprise and sometimes you don't. This place is pretty much what I expected from a private run non flag property. Our rooms were on the 2nd level and I was told they were nicer than the first level. That first level would get rented to workers by the week or month. We also had the 2 bedroom apt. on the second floor. Again nothing special and this room had a very strong smoke smell that lasted. But the beds were comfortable and the rooms and bathrooms were clean and a nice surprise of flat screen TVs. Carpets old and towels were pretty worn out. Get a deal on this hotel and your doing OK

Room Tip: 2nd floor rooms.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank kapowie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Peterborough, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

There was poor air quality because my room smelled strongly like cigarettes. I was disgusted by it so if you don't smoke, avoid. I also had to unplug the microwave when it started beeping through the night. Bathroom was clean enough. I've stayed in nicer motels for less money.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank saxdude251

Travelers are raving about these Mississauga hotels

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2012

I was a little nervous because of some of the bad reviews i read, however it was easy to find, the staff was very accommodating and friendly, the bathroom was extremely clean. I'm not sure the a/c worked very well, but it worked. Across the street we found the waterfront trail and went for a beautiful walk through some woods to Lake Ontario and on to the Etobicoke River, also an off leash dog park at the end of the trail.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Houston
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2011

Beautiful drive on Lakeshore Rd from Niagara Fall, NY, glad we went this way. Stayed here in October while touring Toronto. I always try and stay in Mom & Pop motels, of course most are older but all have character. Only problem was the TV had a bad picture & a orange tint, but being my Cuz & I are not big TV viewers, we listened to the news then read our books. But in the morning no one was in office and NO coffee was available..HELP!!! We dressed and looked for somewhere to get coffee...there are no restaurants close and we had to drive a along way . Lady at desk was delightful!!!

Room Tip: Ask about TV!!!!!!!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank eawfbg
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2010

I do have to travel alot for business and was called into Misissauga to meet with potential clients. The meeting lasted longer than expected and needed to continue onto the next day in order to close the deal. I had not anticipated staying and had planned on driving back to the airport and catching a flight home that night. I needed to find a place that was convenient to get to and somewhere I could relax and prep for the next day. I found the Green acres Motel pretty quick and the staff were great. They could tell I had a long day and needed to just rest. The check in was fast and they helped me find a good restaurant in the area that I could order my dinner from - not being from the area this helped alot to get some good food.

The room was simple but great. The main things I look at are the linens and the bathrooms. All the linens were clean and fresh, the bathroom was spotless. The room was exactly what I needed - A place to get some rest so that I could continue the next day.

Check out in the morning was just as easy as the check in. The rate was great, the service was great and I will be back the next time I have to come back for business.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
6 Thank jenrick92
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2010

this little motel is quite the jem. we originally came to toronto from BC on business nearly four years ago and were looking for something more reasonably priced than what you can find downtown.

because the motel is so super close to the go train, we decided to stay at green acres. we were very pleased! and they have free internet in-room, it helps immensley.

great rates, great people, great place. the rooms were spotless and fresh and having the little fridge sure was a bonus. not to mention, the staff were all very friendly and helpful, even offering suggestions on where to dine locally. we've since returned every year for the past four years.

because this is a family operated business, the 'mom' has even come to recognize us, making it feel lilke we're visiting our auntie.

we will definitely be back.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
5 Thank amystage
Toronto
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2007

This place is a dump. The room was not visibly dirty but dirty when you touched something like the dresser or the lamp. The sheets while clean had stains on them as did the chair in the room. Everything is very old. The colors on the walls are too bright and annoying. The carpet is just put on the floor in pieces. Hairs in the bathtub. I was so grossed out I checked out after a couple of hours.

• Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple