“Great Business Hotel”

GreenLeadersGold level
Reading, United Kingdom
“Great Business Hotel”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

I've stayed here a couple of times, the last for 2 weeks and I found the hotel to be great. Ok not a lot of character but it does exactly what you need it to do - clean rooms, comfy beds, great food and consistently good wifi. The room service team are incredibly friendly and the Starbucks outlet a great idea for breakfast on the go!

Downside..the only one I can think of is the Movie Rental price...Equivalent £16 for 1 movie for 1 night! I ended up joining NetFlix instead...and yes the wifi worked well enough for me to watch movies in HD.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
FOMDELTAMEA, Front Office Manager at Hilton Mississauga/Meadowvale, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Dear Elizabeth R

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

We are glad to hear that enjoyed your recent at the Delta Meadowvale. We appreciate your great comments about our team we will be sure to share them with everyone.

Once again thank you and we are looking forward to seeing on your next stay with us,.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Ontario
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I was visiting this hotel for a conference and found the staff very friendly and approachable. Kamran in particular at the front desk was extremely helpful. He contacted the right people immediately when I asked him about my technical equipment needs, our scheduled lunch, as well as parking inquiries. He is the definition of customer service. As for the Tel-Aviv tech guys they are great as well, on time with your needs. The catering staff is extremely professional and kind. In general if you are holding a conference/meeting at this hotel they will take care of your needs and be on top of everything efficiently. One thing I would like to suggest is for the business centre/shop owner to get off his phone all the time, and have more customer service and better attitude towards his customers. Also his prices are extremely high for printing, better to print at home or at your office!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear R_0615

Please allow me to apologize for your experience with the business centre/gift shop, I will be sure to bring it to their attention.

Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
Reviewed December 1, 2013

This property has really been fixed up. The lobby is gorgeous, and the rooms were very modern, with a lot of electronics hook ups, everything you need. The rooms and beds were very clean and comfortable. I was here for a conference, and there were a lot of other conferences at the same time. The staff handled them very well, and ensured everyone was taken care of. I have to say, while the staff at the restaurant were very friendly, and prompt, the food was so-so. And it was also very expensive. When you are tied down without a vehicle, and they want over 10 dollars for a grilled cheese, it isn't impressive. While the restaurant itself is a good set up, the menu choices, and food isn't.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear mjhoc

We are glad to hear that enjoyed your recent at the Delta Meadowvale. We appreciate your great comments about Quest our team we will be sure to share them with everyone.

Please allow me to apologize for your experience in the Quest restaurant I will be sure to share your comments with our Culinary team.

Beloeil, Canada
Reviewed November 30, 2013

I just came back from this hotel and liked the room. It was well set up for the working Guy, desk space and high speed wifi. Room is tasteful and confortable but cold.
The food service for lunch was provided during three days through their catering and the two hot meals were great. The sandwiches served on day 1 not so great and dry ( the ciabattas had dried up). The Quest restaurant, way too expensive, mots breakfasts choices went for 20$ and most suppers around 45-50$. Way more expensive than the working man's expense account.
Eating outside requiers a 20-30 minute walk that is painful at -9C on windy and/or grizzly days.
I wouldn't really recommend it!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Sparepart

We are glad to hear that enjoyed newly appointed guest rooms during your recent visit to the Delta Meadowvale.

Please allow me to apologize for your experience in the Quest restaurant as well as during your banquet meal, I will be sure to share your comments with our culinary team.

Ottawa
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I was staying at the hotel and visited the restaurant for lunch. What a terrible experience. First the room was cold. Next, the service was slow. We sat for 35 minutes to get a pulled pork sandwich wile four staff set to a large table nearby and put plates of food on it even though there were no customers. Our sandwiches finally arrived - lukewarm. The extra sauce requested had come straight from the fridge. The waitress said that the food was supposed to be only slightly warm. we expressed shock that she would say this about pork and I mentioned the safe zone for food (outside of 40-140 F) She said that the kitchen would make the meal over again. The food came out after 10 minutes with the same marks that I had put in the mashed potatoes before sending it back. No extra sauce. We were given a 25% discount and The Manager asked if we would like a cheese plate sent to the room. If one has qualms about the safety of the food, should one eat more? Over priced, lacking in training in HACCP, slow and inattentive.

Room Tip: The hotel is good, just don't eat at the restaurant.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Inspector_Guy
FOMDELTAMEA, Front Office Manager at Hilton Mississauga/Meadowvale, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Dear Inspector_Guy,

We are very disappointed to hear that you had such a negative experience in our Quest restaurant. Please know that your comments and concerns have been addressed with our Culinary and Food & Beverage teams to ensure that we are offering the highest level of service while following all food safety standards.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed November 14, 2013

All the staff is great, in the summer the outside pool is great to relax by. They need to fix up the grounds in the back by the outside pool. Delta is closing alot of hotels and is now effecting my status as Platium Plus. They closed their Muskoka's location and their downtown location. So I use to go their 15 times a year.

The other thing about Delta is this newspaper thing they now do - No Newspaper delivered to the room. I love reading the newspaper in the morning -now I can not.

The Meadowvale restaurant is like your own Kitchen - They will make what you want..

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
FOMDELTAMEA, Front Office Manager at Hilton Mississauga/Meadowvale, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Dear Joelsf12003

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay at the Delta Meadowvale in our newly renovated guest rooms.

We sorry to hear that with the loss of some of our properties your have troubles maintaining your Platinum Plus status. We are very pleased to announce with the loss of some of our older properties we have some very exciting new hotels that have recently opened or will be opening soon, Such as the Delta Kingston and Opening at the end of 2014 The Delta Toronto South core Financial Centre in downtown Toronto.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I recently attended a conference at this hotel. After fighting through traffic to get there, I was pleasantly surprise at the property. It was clean, well staffed and the food was enjoyable.

If you were looking for a place to hold a conference this property will impress.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Paul C
FOMDELTAMEA, Front Office Manager at Hilton Mississauga/Meadowvale, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear Paul C

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay at the Delta Meadowvale, it’s always great to hear that we surprise our guests. .