WINNER WONDERLAND

Hilton Mississauga/Meadowvale
Ranked #5 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
GreenLeadersGold level
Manhasset, New York
“One of the better hotels in Toronto area”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

This property is one of those that try to cater to many different clients. There was a wedding going on when we were there, but at the same time it seemed as if there was a business convention going on as well as student athletes there for some tournament. Is if you don't mind the crowds this is the place for you.

The pros:
1. Looks like the rooms have been updated recently. The design is a bit to contemporary for my tastes, but all things considered the room spotless.
2. The front desk staff, bell hops and valets even though they were very busy with the large amount of traffic going thru the hotel could not have been more polite or helpful.
3. The hair salon at the hotel was fantastic. My wife got her hair done for the event we were attending and she was very impressed with how well the woman made her look. It seems like a bit of a hidden gem at the hotel, since compared to most other costs at this hotel, this experience was actually pretty reasonably priced.

The cons:
1. The breakfast buffet was spotty at best. I even made a point to tell our waitress to notify the cook that the sausages were not cooked thru, I don't know if she ever did or if the cook didn't care because the next morning I came down, the sausages were still under cooked.
2. The bar in the hotel is pricey, but the quality and selection of drinks is pretty good. The biggest problem with the bar though is it closes around 11:00pm. I was there with group of people I haven't seen in a long time and we were looking to hang out for a while and as soon as we had a couple of drinks the bartender said they were closing in 10 minutes....I looked at my watch and it was 10:45pm!!!!

Overall this is a upscale hotel that has all the amenities and prices you would expect from a hotel of this kind, but for what they charge and for who their patron's are it would be nice if they would understand that large groups would stay at a hotel like this for large events and those people would like to have a place to congregate without being told "the bar closes at 11:00"

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
FOMDELTAMEA, Front Office Manager at Hilton Mississauga/Meadowvale, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear jt007_12

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

I was very happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and all of the "pro's" that you mentioned about our hotel. I will be sure to pass your comments onto our Food and Beverage department.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Basel, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

I've been staying at the Delta Meadowvale regularly for 8 years. As a business hotel, it provides all the amenities one could ask for: Newly renovated rooms, comfortable work space and ample outlets. Each time I arrive, I am remembered and warmly greeted. Once or twice, I arrived without a reservation and they did their absolute best to accommodate me, despite being fully booked. The housekeeper always goes the extra mile to arrange sundries nicely in the bathroom. But, as pleased as I have always been, I was blown away this week but their newly revamped breakfast buffet. This new spread was replete with fresh pastries and the standard eggs and breads, but in addition to those staples was a broccoli cheddar strata, a lovely array of breakfast meats and so many options along from sweet to savory. Everything is beautifully presented - the little deviled eggs had a tiny stalk of asparagus and a sprig of fresh rosemary. On top of the beautiful presentation, the service is perfectly consistent and attentive without being intrusive. No matter who serves, the approach is identical - an indication of good people, training and good management. They leave a full carafe of coffee on the table and a take-away cup and lid so that you can take a final cup with you as you leave. Little details like this is why I wouldn't stay anywhere else while in the Toronto area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear jcapri

I was very happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us, it’s always nice to hear such great feedback from our regular guests. I will be sure to pass your comments onto our Food and Beverage department about how much are guests are enjoying our new breakfast counter.

Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

My family went to the Delta Restaurant to celebrate Mother's Day and the food and the staff were wonderful.Special mention of the Manager Nabilla who went out of the way to ensure my family enjoyed all the restaurant had to offer. Needless to say we will be back. Thanks Nabilla and her wonderful staff.
Narciso

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Narciso101
Dear Narciso

I was very happy to hear that you have enjoyed our Mother’s Day brunch and how helpful our staff was. I will be sure to share your wonderful comments with Nabila and the rest of the Quest Restaurant team.

Prince George, BC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

I was here for a conference and enjoyed my stay. The room was clean and comfortable and had a balcony which was unexpected but nice. The desk in the room was fantastic with plenty of power outlets and cables for connecting a laptop to the TV. The wireless internet was better than most hotels, but not quite up to their claim of "20x as fast as home internet". It handled browsing easily but HD youtube videos were outside of its abilities. It was free though (although the message indicated that was only for a limited time) so I can't complain too much.
The hotel itself is located away from most everything else so there isn't really much for shopping or dining options. There is a restaurant in the hotel called Quest which is on the pricey side and a few other restaurants including a St. Louis Bar and Grill a short walk away. It's also located next to a fairly major highway so it can be noisy at night. This combined with the noisy air conditioning could make sleep difficult if you're a light sleeper.
Overall, I enjoyed my stay and would recommend this hotel but it's probably not for everyone.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
FOMDELTAMEA, Front Office Manager at Hilton Mississauga/Meadowvale, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear Nick S,

I was very happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and in particular that we are able to meet the needs of our business travelers. We have added new features to all of guest rooms during our renovations process.

On your next visit please let us know at the Front desk and we will ensure that you are away from the highway side of the hotel..

Chester, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

This is my first stay at this hotel. I am here for a conference. Check in was smooth and easy, despite my fear that since I didn't have an email copy of my reservation that I might be minus a hotel room. No worries.

I am in the south tower, in a corner room directly across from the elevator. Not noisy at all, and a very nice king room.

Dinner in the Quest restaurant was excellent. Andreia was my colleague's and my server. She was great. Funny, attentive (but not too). Just perfect.

I'm looking forward to the rest of my stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear mmlein,

I was very happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us, and in particular the service our team members have provided. We have a dedicated team of employees who strive to provide professional and exceptional service to all of our guests, and I am glad that we have been able to achieve that during your stay.

Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

I travel a lot. Way too much. Almost always for business. The Delta Meadowvale in Mississauga gets business travellers. Its the little things that matter to us. The biggest aspect for me is internet access - for many reasons. First, I hate paying extra for internet. At the Delta - its included. And.. it is BLAZING fast. This means I can video skype with the family without getting frustrated, and work in the evenings without interruption. The room I was in had a SmartDesk - making it super easy to connect my computer to power, internet, and even the television (via HDMI or VGA and Sound). This means that if I have movies on my laptop (any good business traveller has this), they can play those movies on the TV.

Other things that make me happy. A Starbucks.

I'll be staying here again for sure. The only bad part is its location - however, everything in Mississauga isn't close to anything interesting.

Room Tip: Rooms in the South Tower facing the highway are a bit loud.
2 Thank JoelFromCanada
FOMDELTAMEA, Front Office Manager at Hilton Mississauga/Meadowvale, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear Joel,

I was very happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and in particular that we are able to meet the needs of our business travelers. We have added new features to all of guest rooms during our renovations process to meet or exceed the needs and wants of all our guest.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

Choose this hotel if you're staying here for work. They've just refurbished and the whole place is great, especially the rooms which are wonderful. Breakfast is a little pricey at $21 even if you have a slice of toast) but if you had time to gorge your way through the wonderful selection, you'd certainly get your money's worth!

While the hotel and amenities are excellent, it's the staff that make this a special place to stay. They are friendly, helpful and care that you have a good stay. I guess this is partly driven by the internal feedback program (which previously was a little intense but this time I've not been hassled so perhaps they've found a better balance). I come here a few times each year and it's also a positive to see the same faces on the team which would indicate the staff are happy and looked after too.

I give up earning loyalty points elsewhere to stay here so that must be a recommendation!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
FOMDELTAMEA, Front Office Manager at Hilton Mississauga/Meadowvale, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Dear Rooney-Swindon

It's always nice to hear that our staff can make our guests feel and offer a familiar face when you’re on the road staying at the Delta Meadowvale.