“Nice & economical choice for pre-flight stay & free parking”

Best Western Plus Toronto Airport Hotel
Ranked #14 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Reviewed August 18, 2010

I live a few hours away from Pearson Airport, so I the night before I fly out I always stay at this hotel & park my car for free. It's reliably clean, with nice enough staff & comfy beds with the modern white bedding. Parking seems safe & well-lit. Good shuttle service to & from Pearson with a 5 min ride, or 15-20 in rush hour. Haven't tried the on-site restaurant but there's a Subway restaurant on the doorstep & a Husky truck stop a short walk away. You can't beat this hotel for quality & value - you don't feel like you're in a budget hotel, and it's cheaper to stay & park here than to pay for multi-day parking at the airport.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed July 12, 2010

This hotel is very close to the airport and does offer free shuttle service. Even though it was handy for our quick stopover of one night, we definetly would not stay at this property again. The building smelled bad and we found our room to be dirty and in need of a thorough vacuum cleaning. There were bugs in our room....large flying insects. Our daughter placed her sweater and purse on the cabinet above the microwave and the next morning several of these insects flew out of her sweater. It freaked us out as we thought we had killed them all the night before.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 12, 2010

had problems with thermostat, staff not friendly or helpful. Just a run of the mill hotel for airport travellers, only advisable if you get for $60 or so. basic,basic,basic.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 6, 2010

We had a family reunion and we reserve 9 rooms. We stayed at Best Western Airport from June 3 - July 4 and that's when we rented the 2 vans and 1 car from Zoom Car rental.

We normally rent cars from Hertz and other reputable car rental agency. The only reason we rent car from Zoom is because of they are the "on site" car rental with this hotel and the fact that on the website and also when we call to reserve the cars, we were told that we will receive 30% off if we also stay at the BW Airport.

When we got our cars and requested the 30% from Zoom, they say it's Best Western Airport that would honor the discount, however, when we talk to Best Western Airport, they said because we didn't pay the regualr rate but instead we pay the internet rate, we will not receive "double discount". They didn't mention this to us when we did the initial reservation of the car.

They gave us the 2 vans and 1 car that are more than 65,000 KM old. We had break problem, oil leaking and they were dirty car/vans. When we asked them why they don't clean the cars, the answer was "as long as the seat you sit on is clean, that's good enough" However, even the inside is dirty and sticky. They were very unprofessional and rude when we told them about the problems we had the cars (like the oil or some liquid that was leaking on the ground, or the lights that went on for the oil and tires, they just said don't worry about it, it's all good" . There are so many restrictions to the car rental (e.g. we will be charged for the cars regardless if we take the car or not), we had no choice but to take the cars.

When we drove the cars, the break was making very loud noises (for one of the van and also the car). The break noise was so loud in the full size car that we rented, we brought it back to them the next day and requested to have another car. They got two of their own staff to "check the break", one person said the car was fine (without even driving it) and the other person admit there is a problem but only said "yes, I hear the noise, we will fix it after your rental)....and then they said they don't have another car while the whole time, they were very rude and loud, then they finally gave us a small car (even thought we pay for full size), when we insisted not leaving until they do....this was the "black mark" of our whole family reunion. We have such bad experience with Zoom and because of their affiliation with Best Western Toronto Airport, we will tell everyone we know to stay away from Zoom and Best Western Toronto Airport.

Stayed: July 2010
53  Thank jenny154943
Reviewed June 19, 2010

Although I brought my favourite pillow, the staff and accommodations exceeded our expectations. We have stayed at Best Western hotels before and chose this one to be closer to family. One thought was the airport was so close would we hear the airplanes all night long--the answer no, there were no airplane noises at all, as the plane flight path were not over our hotel. A large park was near, as we drove to and from our destination, gave us an opportunity to enjoy nature at its best. The hotel staff were very accommodating and pleasant. We booked online and early enough 2 months and prepaid our trip to get a very good discount for the room with a Whirpool, microwave, and refrigerator. I would do it again.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank 007Smith
Reviewed June 16, 2010

I stayed at the Best Western Toronto Airport with 5 colleagues for a business trip and had a horrible experience at the hotel. The elevators were not working properly so we had to carry our suitcases up and down the stairs and the service was terrible. At the end of our stay, the hotel’s computer system was down so we could not get our receipts for our stay. After numerous calls to the hotel, we finally had our hotel receipts emailed to us. Then we noticed that we were each charged different government rates (we are government officials) for our stay. I called the hotel to rectify and the general manager informed me that their rates change on an hour to hour basis – even their government rates! I definitely have honesty and integrity concerns with this hotel and am filing a claim with the Better Business Bureau.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank Catharine18
Reviewed May 23, 2010

I can't say I have any issues with this hotel... Free shuttle, nice food in the restaurant, friendly staff, clean lovely room and always got a good night's sleep.

I do wish I'd had a rental car during my stay though, so that I didn't have to catch a cab to get to the nearby shopping malls but other than that, I'm happy with my stay at the BW Toronto Airport West.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled solo