“Don't rent from the onsite car rental company "Zoom"”

BEST WESTERN PLUS Toronto Airport Hotel
Ranked #15 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Vancouver, Canada
“Don't rent from the onsite car rental company "Zoom"”
Reviewed July 6, 2010

We had a family reunion and we reserve 9 rooms. We stayed at Best Western Airport from June 3 - July 4 and that's when we rented the 2 vans and 1 car from Zoom Car rental.

We normally rent cars from Hertz and other reputable car rental agency. The only reason we rent car from Zoom is because of they are the "on site" car rental with this hotel and the fact that on the website and also when we call to reserve the cars, we were told that we will receive 30% off if we also stay at the BW Airport.

When we got our cars and requested the 30% from Zoom, they say it's Best Western Airport that would honor the discount, however, when we talk to Best Western Airport, they said because we didn't pay the regualr rate but instead we pay the internet rate, we will not receive "double discount". They didn't mention this to us when we did the initial reservation of the car.

They gave us the 2 vans and 1 car that are more than 65,000 KM old. We had break problem, oil leaking and they were dirty car/vans. When we asked them why they don't clean the cars, the answer was "as long as the seat you sit on is clean, that's good enough" However, even the inside is dirty and sticky. They were very unprofessional and rude when we told them about the problems we had the cars (like the oil or some liquid that was leaking on the ground, or the lights that went on for the oil and tires, they just said don't worry about it, it's all good" . There are so many restrictions to the car rental (e.g. we will be charged for the cars regardless if we take the car or not), we had no choice but to take the cars.

When we drove the cars, the break was making very loud noises (for one of the van and also the car). The break noise was so loud in the full size car that we rented, we brought it back to them the next day and requested to have another car. They got two of their own staff to "check the break", one person said the car was fine (without even driving it) and the other person admit there is a problem but only said "yes, I hear the noise, we will fix it after your rental)....and then they said they don't have another car while the whole time, they were very rude and loud, then they finally gave us a small car (even thought we pay for full size), when we insisted not leaving until they do....this was the "black mark" of our whole family reunion. We have such bad experience with Zoom and because of their affiliation with Best Western Toronto Airport, we will tell everyone we know to stay away from Zoom and Best Western Toronto Airport.

Stayed July 2010
52 Thank jenny154943

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
Sudbury, Canada
Reviewed June 19, 2010

Although I brought my favourite pillow, the staff and accommodations exceeded our expectations. We have stayed at Best Western hotels before and chose this one to be closer to family. One thought was the airport was so close would we hear the airplanes all night long--the answer no, there were no airplane noises at all, as the plane flight path were not over our hotel. A large park was near, as we drove to and from our destination, gave us an opportunity to enjoy nature at its best. The hotel staff were very accommodating and pleasant. We booked online and early enough 2 months and prepaid our trip to get a very good discount for the room with a Whirpool, microwave, and refrigerator. I would do it again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank 007Smith
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed June 16, 2010

I stayed at the Best Western Toronto Airport with 5 colleagues for a business trip and had a horrible experience at the hotel. The elevators were not working properly so we had to carry our suitcases up and down the stairs and the service was terrible. At the end of our stay, the hotel’s computer system was down so we could not get our receipts for our stay. After numerous calls to the hotel, we finally had our hotel receipts emailed to us. Then we noticed that we were each charged different government rates (we are government officials) for our stay. I called the hotel to rectify and the general manager informed me that their rates change on an hour to hour basis – even their government rates! I definitely have honesty and integrity concerns with this hotel and am filing a claim with the Better Business Bureau.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank Catharine18
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed May 23, 2010

I can't say I have any issues with this hotel... Free shuttle, nice food in the restaurant, friendly staff, clean lovely room and always got a good night's sleep.

I do wish I'd had a rental car during my stay though, so that I didn't have to catch a cab to get to the nearby shopping malls but other than that, I'm happy with my stay at the BW Toronto Airport West.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled solo
2 Thank VS74
Mississauga
Reviewed April 11, 2010

My wife, myself and another couple stayed at this location a couple of days prior to heading out of the country. We had a pleasant experience with the staff and the suite we stayed in. I appreciated the complimentary ride to the Pearson Airport, and the ability to park our vehicle on the property for the length of our trip across seas.
I will definately stay at this location when opportunity arrives.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank dutchcarmel
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed March 21, 2010

We had booked through park, sleep and fly and got a good rate for this motel on our way to vacation. Upon arriving there was no parking and had to park in an authorized parking spot since I wasn't about to lug my luggage from a mile away. Once we got in we were told our vehicle would be moved between the times of 7-11 to a parking lot across the street which I wasn't too happy about and also the fact I had no access to my vehicle the next moring to unload some of my stuff so I didn't have to load up my suitcase for the airport. We had to leave the motel for a few hours and when we came back we managed to find a parking spot in the lot and we had no intentions of moving our vehicle since we had seen people arriving in taxis and shuttles to their cars, which obviously had been there the for trhe week. We arrived at 4 and the first shift at the front desk were very abrubt and not helpful at all. Our room was very nice with all the ameniites and we were quite pleased. There is an open field beside the motel and they should seriously ponder the idea of obtaining that land to accomodate parking. Wouldn't return for that reason. We had also inputted in the comment box when we booked to pre book our shuttle.....that wasn't done.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Niagara Falls
Reviewed March 15, 2010

We've stayed at the Best Western Toronto Airport West on Dixie Road three times in the past 2 years just before we headed south for a week vacation. The rooms are excellent and the convenience of leaving our car on their lot for the week is a bonus. The shuttle service to the airport and the pick up on the way home were great. No complaints! The staff were very helpful. We have been very happy with staying at this Best Western and would not hesitate to come back. We recommend this hotel to all our friends.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank niagarafallslouie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mississauga
Comfort Inn Toronto Airport
#16 of 60 in Mississauga
Etobicoke
BEST WESTERN PLUS Travel Hotel Toronto Airport

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Toronto Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!