“Great Hotel, Very Convenient for Airport Travellers”

Best Western Plus Toronto Airport Hotel
Ranked #15 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Ontario
“Great Hotel, Very Convenient for Airport Travellers”
Reviewed April 26, 2009

We stayed one night at this hotel after coming home from a trip to the Dominican Republic. We also parked our car at the hotel the day we left for our trip and took their airport shuttle which was very convenient. We had no trouble getting the shuttle to pick us up at the airport when our flight arrived and check-in was very fast. Our room was renovated and had nice linens and very comfortable beds and pillows! They also had a business center where we could check our email etc. Overall this was a great hotel at a great price and we'd definitely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
BWTorontoAirportWest, Sales & Marketing - Director at Best Western Plus Toronto Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 27, 2009
Hello Mya171

I am glad to hear that your stay with us was great! We value your opinions.

Thank you again & hope to see you on your next visit to the area.

D.Najdovski.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed April 23, 2009

needed to stay by the airport for one night in Toronto. This hotel was just fine, not too expensive and lots of quick bites to eat nearby (Subway, coffee house and restaurants) I also like the free wifi which is a plus for every business traveler.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Hello cubanito1,

I am glad to hear that your stay with us was great! We value your opinions.

Thank you for mentioning the free WIFI, it's a state of the art network installed last year & yes, it's a hit with all business travelers.

Thank you again & hope to see you on your next visit to the area.

D.Najdovski.
Alberta
Reviewed April 21, 2009

Had a really good sleep as the beds were comfy and it was perfect for a one night stay. Long wait for shuttle. Would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2009
Hello atraveller57,

I am glad to hear that your stay with us was great! We value your opinions.

Thank you for bringing up the wait time for the shuttle. I'll make sure to pass it on to operations so that it won't be an issue for your next stay.

Thank you again.

D.Najdovski
Ottawa
Reviewed April 9, 2009

Our family just loved our stay at this hotel before flying out of Toronto for our trip down South. Overnight from Ottawa with two young children.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Hello capitaltraveler1969,

Thank you again.

D.Najdovski
london
Reviewed March 30, 2009

When i entered the Hotel, the reception treated me pleasantly with a smile. As i was checking in i saw a group of students and i thought to myself that i probably wont get much sleep with the kids around. I WAS WRONG!!!!! although i was sleeping on the same floor as the kids were i did not hear a single peep in the hall way or the rooms next to me. the hotel felt so warm and comforting just like home and the beds and the set up of the room was un-believably comforting that i wanted to stay there permanently. The restaurant and the lounge had the best food i have eaten in ages and the staff were so friendly that they even brought the luggage up to my room. From the complimentary and reliable shuttle service to and from the airport to the swimming pool and sauna to the wirl pool, i enjoyed every second of my time there. It is worth staying at best western at any cost!!!!!

If i ever stay in a hotel, either for business, or leisure, i will definately stay at the Best Western Airport West Hotel in Mississauga, Ontario Canada.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Dear ny4life2000,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is much appreciated.

I am glad to hear your stay with us was to your satisfaction. We take great pride in providing for our guests.

Yes, when staying with us, rest assured you will have a pleasant stay. We work with all of our partners ( as in your case, student travel planners) to optimize the guest experience for everyone.

I'm looking forward to your next stay.

Regards. D.Najdovski.
amsterdam
Reviewed March 15, 2009

Air Canada gave me a voucher to stay at this hotel. When I got to the ground level of the airport to be picked up by the shuttle, the driver told me he could not take me because the shuttle was full and I needed a reservation. For the shuttle? You've got to be kidding me. I assumed the hotel was at some remote location and it would be a hassle to get back to the airport so I decided to not even bother to go to this hotel. You are an airport hotel or you're not, and this hotel is clearly not.

Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
BWTorontoAirportWest, Director - Sales & Marketing at Best Western Plus Toronto Airport Hotel, responded to this review, March 20, 2009
Dear ny501,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We greatly appreciate it.

Allow me first the opportunity to confirm that yes, we are an airport hotel located 2.5 km from YYZ & 6 km driving distance from the terminals.

The shuttle you attempted to board was a chartered bus pre-arranged for a group that gave us prior notice of arrival. I'm assuming that is what the driver was attempting to communicate to you. The main shuttle was making it's regular runs to the terminals. That bus was the one you should have been waiting for.

I assure you that I'll speak with shuttle services about the importance of articulating to guests perhaps further than is most of the time necessary.

I apologize for the confusion in what I know was a hectic & stressful time for you brought on by the airline.

Regards. D.Najdovski
Director - Sales & Marketing
Sarnia, ON
Reviewed February 11, 2009

We booked this hotel for one night in Toronto to take advantage of the park, stay and fly before leaving on vacation.

I researched different prices online prior to calling the hotel to book directly. They guaranteed the online price ($91.96), I told them that dates that we would be arriving and leaving and they gave me a total, including parking. Which of course was higher once we arrived at the hotel and did not include parking.

We arrived at the hotel and pulled up in front under the overhang to unload our luggage and check in. When we returned to our vehicle a few minutes later we found that we had received a $75 parking ticket. There was not a "no parking" sign to be found. We tried to park our vehicle but there was not a spot to be found, so we had to wait around until someone else left. After waiting to talk to a manager for a half an hour the hotel did take care of our ticket. If you use the park and fly be aware that you have to leave your keys with the hotel, for what they call "valet service" (if they have valet why did we get a parking ticket and have to find our own parking spot?). When we returned the car was in a different spot and the arm rests, seats, had been moved.

Shuttle-missed twice at the airport due to no fault of our own. When we called they said it would be a 2-3 minute wait and after 45 minutes and two more calls we finally got picked up and informed that they had picked up someone else by mistake, ironic that another couple with the same last names were waiting at the exact same time as us!!!!

The hotel itself is beautiful, the beds are comfortable, rates are reasonable (even despite paying more than anticipated), it's a real shame that the staff and service that you receive are horrible!!

• Liked — Rooms were beautiful, bedding and beds were sooo comfortable
  • Disliked — customer service was well below par
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank kiana10859
BWTorontoAirportWest, Director - Sales & Marketing at Best Western Plus Toronto Airport Hotel, responded to this review, March 24, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We greatly appreciate it.

I'm sorry for the fact that your stay with us was not satisfactory for you. Much of what you comment on is fair, however, I hope to inform you of some probable misconceptions.

1. Rate. - What you had reserved was not a stay & fly package. All guests at the hotel may enjoy complimentary overnight parking. Thus, yes, parking is included. Extended parking, which you had required, is only available through our Stay & Fly package which does carry a higher rate. I apologize for this confusion & will direct the proper department to be even more vigilant when presented with this question.

2. Parking Ticket - Although the property is our own, even we, can not deter officers of the law from doing their jobs. There is ample signage on-site & your vehicle was parked in a no-parking zone. I understand completely that all you were doing was checking-in & perhaps unloading luggage, which is why we accepted the fine on the ticket as our own despite no real fault by the hotel.

3. Valet Service - Yes. Typically during the winter (very early Spring), Stay & Fly packages are treated as a valet service. This is done only because of sheer volume & the necessity of providing ample parking. We employ a licensed valet staff who moves the vehicles to a secure lot off-site so as to keep the on-site parking as free as possible. Your vehicle is then brought back the day of your arrival so that you do not have to leave our property to obtain it. This explains your vehicle not being in the exact spot you left it in. I will also remind valet services to be extra vigilant in returning seat settings, etc. as best they can after they have safely transported the vehicle.

4. Shuttle Pick-Up - I can only comment on this a probable mix-up on our end. I apologize for this.

Thank you for your generous comments with regards to the appearance of the hotel. We are proud of it. However, we are also proud of the passion for service we generally display to the thousands of guests we have per year. I'm sorry we left you with an unsatisfactory impression of the hotel. Please contact me the next time you will be in town as I would like the opportunity of having you as our guest again.

Regards. D.Najdovski
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mississauga
Comfort Inn Toronto Airport
#18 of 60 in Mississauga
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,219 reviews
Etobicoke
Best Western Plus Travel Hotel Toronto Airport

Been to Best Western Plus Toronto Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!