“Comfortable room for layover, call first for the shuttle”

Best Western Plus Toronto Airport Hotel
Ranked #15 of 61 Hotels in Mississauga
Panama City, Panama
“Comfortable room for layover, call first for the shuttle”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We decided to book a room here at the last minute for a 7 hour layover. Our initial experience was not so great. The shuttle is supposed to come every 40 minutes but took about an hour before we gave up and took a taxi. We had phoned them after waiting 20 minutes and were told it would be there in 20 minutes. Almost half an hour later, we called again and were told ten minutes. Ten minutes later, we grabbed a cab.

Extenuating circumstances: this was rush hour in Toronto on the July long weekend. That said, it's still frustrating watching shuttles for other hotels come and go three times while waiting for yours. And we would have taken a cab and been a lot less annoyed had we been told when we phoned he would be late.

The manager handled our sour mood expertly, paying for our cab ride, apologising sincerely, and offering other compensation. From then on, our stay was much smoother. Beds are really comfortable and the water pressure in the shower is strong enough to strip paint off a wall (or in my case, the hair of my rapidly thinning head). Both features were much appreciated for us because they were exactly what we were looking for during our short stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I just stayed this hotel on the weekend,because the price is the cheapest of all hotels around Toronto,you see all kind of scum bags,our floor was very noisy starting midnight,
guests bang the doors all the time,my next door was busy with noisy sex, waking me up till 5:00 am,knocking the bed on the wall,don't know how many were there sometimes changing the guard,I tried to complain to the desk,but they did nothing at all,think they were scared,the pool is always cold,bar nothing special.

1 Thank tostig_12
Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I used this hotel as a inexpensive place to sleep near the airport between a late arrival and an early morning departure. The hotel staff, including the shuttle van driver, were really very welcoming. The room was very large, very clean, and very quiet. Everything was in good working order. Because my flight was delayed, I didn't use the van service to the hotel and ended up with a pricier cab ride than I expected. Definitely use the shuttle van if you can! There is a Subway right across the parking lot if you want to get a quick bite to eat; otherwise, there is not much else of interest in the immediate vicinity. It was a little farther from the airport than I expected, based on the map (and the cost of the cab ride), but still convenient and good value.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Our stay was at the end of a tiring 2 wks, and a 36-hr wait between flights, so we were not up to taking advantage of the hotel's amenities. We just wanted to rest up, and "hurry up and wait" to get home. However, the room was large, well appointed and very comfortable. I liked the ease with which we could control the temperature.
The restaurant (Savana) was pleasant, with a reasonable range of items, and never crowded, but breakfasts were a bit pricier than I would like.
The staff was VERY pleasant and helpful, including the shuttle driver. I would be glad to stay there again, If it was just between flights. The location would not be great for anything more (especially without a car), as it is in an industrial area. However, there are several interesting restaurants in walking distance.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Sydenham, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I have never stayed at a hotel that have been as accommodating as this hotel. The staff are amazing, very polite, very well dressed and make you feel important!!! I would highly recommend it to anyone who has to stay in Toronto either to wait for a plane or to visit Mississauga.

Room Tip: Speak to Marina, Achal or Aida...they are amazing people!!! The service and the feeling that they...
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I fly quite often. I tend to favor the 4 star hotels. Sheratons are my staples. I won't stay in a regular Best Western. But I do frequent Best Western Plus'.

I have stayed many times at the Best Western Plus in Toronto. I like their amenities, and they are close to the highways 429 and 401.

One thing I never compromise on in a hotel is bedding. I want one with new bedding and clean. This hotel recently renovated, and the bedding is all new.

That combined with the good cleanup staff, and I give it a 5 star rating!

There's also a coffee time next door for 24 hour refreshments.

Room Tip: There's no view from any rooms, so no issues here. It's Mississauga.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Mark F
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We stayed during the first weekend in June 2013. Staff were friendly and very helpful. The room was spacious and clean. We enjoyed the restaurant and the pool, too. The whole experience really exceeded my expectations.

Room Tip: The double queen beds were really comfy.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank tosh555
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mississauga
Comfort Inn Toronto Airport
#19 of 61 in Mississauga
Etobicoke
Best Western Plus Travel Hotel Toronto Airport

Been to Best Western Plus Toronto Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!