All reviews free weights separate bedroom fitness center continental breakfast room key easy access the breakfast area checking in qew sauna closet plugs
Selected filters
Reviewed February 13, 2019

I stayed at this hotel as refuge from a recent Winter storm.
My expectations was for a clean, basic room, with newly renovated rooms.

Upon entering my room, there was a tray with two bottles of beer, a ice bucket (no ice) and a welcome card (not for me).

I had a meeting to go to, so I ask the front desk to remove the tray - their reponse was a suggestion that I change rooms.

The bathroom in my room was very dirty. The tiles and grout of the tub/shower, were very dirty. The toilet base visibly soiled. The floor corners and baseboards were visibly covered in hairs and dust.

The overall ambience of the room was cold and sparten. No warmth or charm.

If this hotel was clean, it would pass as a basic hotel, however as is - not worth a visit at any price.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Mississauga Toronto Southwest, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2019

Hello 402MO,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Holiday Inn Express Mississauga-Toronto Southwest, Ontario, Canada. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. On behalf of the hotel, I'm sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the room and bathroom cleanliness, housekeeping and customer service. We will address these concerns. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed February 12, 2019

My sister and I stayed here as it is close to Credit Valley Hospital.
During the day the two gentlemen at the front desk couldn't have been nicer or more pleasant. Always friendly and always a smile. They asked us how our family member was doing and were always willing to help direct us to the best/closest restaurant.
The breakfast choices were plentiful and delicious. Everything from pancakes to oatmeal ....no one should go hungry! The hostess was very nice, talked to everyone and wished everyone a fabulous day.
Seriously, even the cleaning staff were nice.
We had a minor concern with the room and it was addressed within an hour. The rooms are a little on the small side yet acceptable. We used the gym one morning and everything was in top working order and clean. Pool look great but we didn't have time to use it.
We were there for a snow/ice storm and they had cookies and hot chocolate out in the evening!
I would recommend this hotel for sure!

Date of stay: February 2019
AamirA241, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Mississauga Toronto Southwest, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2019

Hello Kathy,

We appreciate the time taken by you to tell us about your stay with us. Thank you!

We do hope that you will give us the opportunity to host you again.

Reviewed February 1, 2019

We chose to stay here because of the amenities, price and location. However it was a disappointing experience. The lady who was at reception when my husband tried to check in early (Deon) was very rude to him and didn't make him feel welcome at all. I was having surgery so we were trying to check in early, so that I could go straight to the room when finished. After we arrived later, we found our bathroom had clumps of hair on the floor and our bathtub dripped all night. The pool was ice cold so my husband couldn't use it. The sauna also wasn't on, nor did the light even work. The only positives were the evening staff were very friendly, and the breakfast was good. We won't stay here again.

Room tip: Avoid rooms near the elevator unless you want to hear them ping all night.
Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
AamirA241, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Mississauga Toronto Southwest, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2019

Hello Lyndsey,

I am extremely sorry to hear that your stay here was not up to the standards that we strive to uphold. My sincere apologies for your experience here. I would like to discuss this further with you. Is there any way I can contact you? Or you can contact me at Ashton.singh@hiemississauga.com

Look forward to hearing from you.

Ashton Singh
Guest Services Manager

Reviewed December 14, 2018 via mobile

The reviews of a renovation sounded promising. A holiday inn express is no five star place but they are usually warm and inviting. This hotel did not have a comfortable feel to it in the room. It had recently been renovated but there were many areas with poor workmanship. The check in staff was very friendly. My room however wasn’t cleaned properly as indicated by my pictures. I also hadn’t used the toilet until into the night at that point I discovered it didn’t flush. Rather than wait for maintenance or change rooms at that point I let both house keeping and the front desk know. Neither one apologized or made any effort to acknowledge something was wrong. I was told at the front desk they will make a note and that’s all I was told. No one tried to make it right.
The other issue with this room was the bed was super squeaky every time I rolled over. It’s a good thing I was by myself or it would have been a very unpleasant night. I could also hear everything in the room above me. I’ve stayed at the Hampton inn next door several times and would highly recommend that hotel over this one. Very disappointed no one would address the issues that I had.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed November 22, 2018 via mobile

This hotel was ok. It was relatively clean, the breakfast was good, we enjoyed it. The front desk staff could use some work to be a bit more friendly. They are not rude, just not as customer friendly. Overall 4 stars would be appropriate.

Date of stay: October 2018