“Best Holiday Inn ever been to”

Holiday Inn Toronto / Mississauga
Ranked #49 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Reviewed July 8, 2014

I am a platinum elite member for IHG and the fiancee and I stayed here on reward nights and we had the best service from a hotel manager I ever had in John. He really treated us well and upgraded us to the executive level and had a nice two bedroom suite. The room was overall nice, but it did have a few flaws like paint coming off the upper corner in the bedroom and the bathroom was a bit small, but otherwise great! John helped us plan a nice romantic dinner in Oakville by calling and making reservations and making sure we liked the room after not liking the whirlpool tub room because the tub was to small. He also gave us breakfast vouchers despite staying on reward points. Would stay here again. If you stay here ask for John and tell him I sent you and he will take care of whatever you need.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank timothy h
HolidayInnGSM, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto / Mississauga, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2014

Dear tmhsoldier,

Thank you so much for taking the time to complete this review. We really appreciate your feedback and take it to heart. I am so happy to hear about the wonderful service that you received from John. I will certainly be sharing your comments with him and the rest of our staff. We always hope to provide this kind of experience for all of our guests. Thank you again, we certainly hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

Me and my partner like the room few flaws like ceiling fan looks like it's damaged in room 205 and slain in our main comforter besides the room is good for drop down to rest and start new adventure next day. I would rent again for low price like I said rest stop for pasting thru.

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Jermaine D
HolidayInnGSM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto / Mississauga, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2014

Thank you for taking the time complete this review. We appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

We have stayed here twice, both times solely out of need or convenience (medical treatment or attending a funeral). It is easy to get to and easy to get on the highway - so you can get away fast. It is pretty much in a suburban wasteland with a chronic care facility across the road, and another hotel, which makes you wonder if you might not be better off staying there - hotel not chronic care unit - well, maybe try both as an alternative.

This is an absolutely average Holiday Inn, a bit down in the heels, smells like air freshener and features plastic plants everywhere - even in the room. We had a room with two double beds booked and when I got to the hotel I asked if a king would be possible. No go, even though the place was virtually empty and we are IHG Club members members. We were on the second floor near the pool entrance and could hear kids splashing, screaming and playing. Also the bathroom was the tiniest ever. You could barely turn around when the door was closed, which would be very difficult if one had a young child to supervise. No microwave or fridge in the room. TV cable package is the cheapest available. Nearly fell over backward using the "ergonomic" desk chair, which had stains of unknown origin on the seat that I had to cover with a towel because it made me so yucked out. First time we stayed, there was only one elevator working, which seems to be endemic. Furnishings are cheap.
The breakfast room is nice enough, but the food needs attention. The fruit salad had flavorless cantaloupe and hard chunks of unripe melon, with a few thinly sliced strawberries amid the big chopped hunks of orange and grapefruit., which were less than tasty. Someone should try eating this stuff before they serve it. Hot foods, like scrambled eggs with tomatoes, sausage and bacon were okay, but since the only toaster takes its time, all food was cold by the time we sat down with it. I'd go elsewhere to eat. The pictures of the pool on the website make it look much bigger than it actually is. Good for kids, but not a "swimming" pool. And the beds -- woke up stiff and tired.
I would only stay here again if I really had to (please no one die on me) and someone else was paying. Best deal you could get here would be to use some IHG Reward Points and cash to book an Executive King room (ie 10,000 pt plus $40) for the same number of points and cash as you'd shell out for a crappy double bedded room. Good things - free parking and check in and check out were easy and fast because nobody stays here unless they really have to or someone else is paying.

Room Tip: Upper floors better if elevator is working
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank HerIndoorsOntario
HolidayInnGSM, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto / Mississauga, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review. Your feedback is very much appreciated. We can use your comments to improve on certain areas and also understand where we are doing well. Thank you again, I hope you will stay with us again.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

We spent last night at the Holiday Inn, on Leanne St., in Mississauga. It was disappointing from the moment we entered. The Desk Clerk was totally disinterested, the first room we were given had the adjoining door unlocked and some items in the bathroom were missing like soap, towels, etc. We asked for another room and the same Clerk gave one on another floor, without even a word of apology. On that floor the carpets were dirty and the ice machine was broken but at least our room was ok - except it was missing the room number in the hallway. Also, one of the two elevators in the hotel was also not functioning. Whenever we came or went throughout our stay whoever was behind the front desk never bothered to look up to greet us. The included breakfast was good and the hotel restaurant service staff were very nice. Will not stay there again!!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Meuson
HolidayInnGSM, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto / Mississauga, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2014

Dear Meuson,

I would like to apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay. Regarding the service you experienced at the front desk, I can assure you this is not typical and I will be following up with the person working during the shift to ensure it does not happen again. I will also be following up with housekeeping regarding the missing amenities in the first room as that is not acceptable. Unfortunately over the long weekend we had some individuals staying in the hotel that thought it would be funny to remove some of the room numbers from the wall. Regarding the elevator and the ice machine, unfortunately it was just bad timing, the elevator has been repaired and the ice machine is being replaced this week. We take these things seriously and are always trying to ensure a comfortable stay for all of our guests. Some things are out of our control and we deal with them the best we can. Please rest assured that all of this will be passed on to our staff and measures will be taken to correct the level of service you received. I hope that you will stay with us again so we can show you just how much we care.

Guest Services Manager

Reviewed May 13, 2014

We recently stayed at this hotel while attending a funeral in Mississauga. The location was good and it was easy to get to from the highway. The staff was friendly and responded to requests quickly. The hotel and the rooms were clean, but a bit worn in areas.

There were a few things that seemed to be overlooked. I had specified 3 people when making the reservation, but there was only one towel. We asked for a room with a sofa bed, but it wasn't made up, nor were there blankets or sheets to make it up. The cushions on the sofa had a few ripped seems, as well. Wi fi is free, but cuts in and out and took forever to log onto.

The hotel website stated that they had one of the largest pools in the area. It was large, but in need of a shocking and a cleaning. The water was a bit murky and there were clumps of hair floating around. The website also said they had a hot tub, but there was no hot tub.

Over all, it's not a terrible hotel, but I had to call the front desk 3 times to ask for things that should have been in the room already. Parking is free and check out is at 1:00. Not sure if I would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Dear K-Towner101,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. I am glad to hear that you felt our staff was friendly and responsive and the rooms well clean. Regarding the lack of towels and sheets for your pull-out bed I do apologize. I will follow up with my housekeeping department to ensure closer attention is paid to these things. Regarding the pool area I can assure you that we do our best to keep the pool as clean as possible at all times and follow city guidelines in regards to it's maintenance. I can confirm that we do not have a hot tub and am unsure of where that information came from. I will be looking into that to ensure not confusion in the future. Thank you again for bringing these things to our attention, I certainly hope that we will see you again in the future.

Guest Services Manager

Reviewed May 9, 2014

This isn't a 5-star hotel, so don't expect it to be. We stayed in a one queen bed room that had a living room area with an additional pull-out. The staff was extremely nice, and very helpful. The room itself felt a bit rundown, but we weren't expecting the Ritz for the price we paid. The main thing to us is that it had to be clean, which it very much was. It's really close to the Gardiner Expressway, so getting to and from Toronto took only 20-25 minutes. Hint - take Lakeshore Boulevard if the expressway seems at all busy. Saves so much time. The gym was quite small, but the pool was very nice. My girlfriend and I were visiting Mississauga from Vancouver for a wedding, and would gladly stay at this location again. Getting a great deal of Hotwire didn't hurt.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto / Mississauga, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2014

Dear RyGuy604,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay with us. Our staff always goes out of their way to be helpful and attentive to the guests and we are glad that you enjoyed their hospitality. It was unfortunate to see your stay was not as comfortable as it could have been due to the condition of our facilities. Rest assured that we take all comments and suggestions to heart so that we can improve and provide the exceptional service that our guests expect and deserve.

Once again, thank you for your thoughtful comments. We look forward to the opportunity of serving you again in the future.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for a medical appt. great location, very clean and great staff.
Food at Gatwick's in the lobby was awesome. I stayed on the executive floor (6) and that had breakfast on the same floor instead of going downstairs to the lobby (easier).
I would stay here again for sure.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Trent T
HolidayInnGSM, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto / Mississauga, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Dear Trent T,

Thank you very much for your review. We appreciate your feedback and pleased to hear you enjoyed our restaurant. We strive to provide the best service available. Thank you again and we look forward to having you back again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mississauga
Hampton Inn Toronto - Mississauga West
The Waterside Inn
The Waterside Inn
#35 of 60 in Mississauga
Fairfield Inn Toronto Oakville

Been to Holiday Inn Toronto / Mississauga? Share your experiences!