“Average hotel”

Quality Inn & Suites Mississauga
Ranked #30 of 61 Hotels in Mississauga
Reviewed September 27, 2009

This hotel is mediocre. The elevator has been installed. The desk staff is somewhat helpful. The rooms are clean and relatively quiet, but the beds and the pillows are not very comfortable. I specifically complained about the breakfast. The breakfast staff is HORRIBLE -- two women who very much dislike their work and who don't speak English very well. Many food items are missing most of the time, such as whole wheat bread and butter, and the plates are tiny. The tables are sometimes dirty. We notified the manager but nothing has improved.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 11, 2009

If Holiday Inn had any standards, they are definitely not maintaining it with these kind of facilities..They have a look and feel of a cheap motel.

Here are some of the things that happened during our short stay.

1. The air conditioning had a mind of its own. Intermittently stopped during the night and made us sweat in high humidity. Nothing we did to the controls made it come on. Complained but thoroughly ignored.

2. The tub would not drain and would get filled with dirty water when the first person took the shower. Complained and was told to stick the hand in dirty water and open the drain with your fingers. To this day, I am unable to determine what the smile meant when I said that what you are telling me does not sound right, and I paid a $104 a night to stay at this hell hole.

3. The water leaked in the washroom and always smelt of bleach. A very uncomfortable place to be. The shower curtain easily ends up inside the toilet when you move it back and forth. Even the toiletries tend to fall inside the toilet because of their location. Very little thought given to the aesthetics of this place.

4. Rude and obnoxious Supervisor. Woke us up at 7:30 am when the wake up call was for 8:45.

With the money they charge, no one should be staying in a place like this. Even if you have to pay a few dollars extra, I would recommend getting a quality hotel.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 21, 2009

Pro:
Friendly staff
Great value

Con:
Road, plane noise

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Airport for one night during a road trip to see the attractions of Toronto. The place was very affordable with free internet and parking and breakfast included. We spent a comfortable night in a large, clean room. The only real downside was the noise from the nearby highway and the planes coming in. Luckily, there were not that many planes coming in late and the next morning, we had no plane noise, probably due to the Easter weekend.

We would recommend the hotel to others but with more plane traffic, the place may not be good for getting sleep.

Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed December 22, 2008

I stayed here with my parents during Pride Week, it was too far away from downtown, but it was alright since we had a car. We would park at the subway station and get downtown that way.
Also, the breakfast is delicious and the hotel very clean. Free internet was a bonus too.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank starlaOttawa
Reviewed December 7, 2008

I always use this hotel as my base of operations while in the Toronto area. I have probably stayed there a total of 30 nights in 2008 and would recommend it highly. It is no frills, but the rooms are nice and comfortable and the trademark free Holiday Inn Express Breakfast is always good.

I am a Platinum Level traveler with Holiday Inn and an upgraded room would be a nice touch, but all the rooms in the hotel are identical.

I wil be staying there again 4 nights this week.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
3  Thank FrequentTraveler-NE
Reviewed September 24, 2008

Lovely big rooms,free airport shuttle,huge big bed and breakfast included.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 22, 2008

I was not scheduled to stay at this hotel, nor did I particularly want to seeing as how it was in fact 600 kilometers from my desired destination, but after a series of extensive delays my company opted for me to stay in Toronto for the evening instead of waiting for the late flight. The rates were very reasonable, and staff were very friendly and accomodating. I am a very new business traveler and do not yet know what to expect from a good hotel (although my recent stay at the Doral Inn in Ottawa is a clear example of what I do NOT expect) but from my stay I can tell you the bed was a large king and was very comfortable. The room felt a little cramped as there was a very large tv enclosure across from the bed that was dark in colour and did make the room feel a little claustrophobic. The bathrooms were clean and the shower was just great.

My only complaint was on the internet service. I am not sure if there was a problem on the network, but latency times were over 2000 ms making skype impossible, and surfing very slow. The hotel offered free airport pickup (I found out after paying 30 bucks for a cab) and a free airport shuttle the next morning which I took to catch my flight.

This particular Holiday Inn Express does not offer a full breakfast, but a continental one. Sadly this does not get served till 6:30, so I missed out on it as I was leaving at 5:40 to catch my 6:30 flight. I would recommend they move up the breakfast time... but again, I did enjoy my stay.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business