“Fine if you're 10”
Review of Playdium

Playdium
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Noisy, loud, ear-splitting. Nowhere to run and hide if you've been dragged there screaming and kicking. Fine for kids, I suppose, but I don't like the place.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

My 8 year old had a PD day so we planned a weekend away. One of our stops was Playdium for some entertainment. I had looked online to see if the venue was suitable for her age group and between video games, some basic food choices, and the opportunity to win some prizes figured she would have a good time. Boy was I wrong. When we arrived shortly after their 12pm opening planning to eat lunch we were told "There is a group of 240 that are being fed lunch so we are not serving food to the general public". Are you kidding me??? If you can cook for 240 then you certainly should be able to throw some fries and chicken fingers in a deep-fryer or make a pizza. So we had to leave again to go find somewhere to eat lunch.

When we came back we found many of the games were too loud, unnecessarily blasting your ears when there were no games close by competing for sound. Many of the gaming areas were way too dark, hard to read instructions or actually play the game.

One thing we were looking forward to was playing games against each other. Some of the newer games like the motorcycles were cool, but the car racing games graphics were horrible, something I would have expected to see in 1990, not 2013.

The ticket winning games were insanely expensive. We had visited ChuckeCheese a few days before and were looking at exactly the same games costing 4 times as much to play at Playdium than ChuckeCheese. Also some of the ticket winning games had the coin slots blocked off so you couldn't use tokens, needing the swipe card instead? Still wondering why they would do that? What's the difference if I'm buying tokens or swiping a card?

We couldn't get into the baseball area as the group was there and when we were at cashier were not told anything about a large group meaning an area was closed off, or that no food was available.

All in all a horrible experience.Never again.

4  Thank Lebrocq17
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Fun venue to spend an afternoon with the family. However, it is a little outdated..could use a renovation in the near future for sure.
Bathrooms for sure could use a face lift.
Great way to spend time with your family though!

1  Thank Crystal G
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Went with a few work friends looking to burn a few hours. We are all adults and were looking at just playing a few games. While its a good value for the price (especially the air hockey), variety was somewhat lacking. There was a lack of classic arcade games and fighting-type games. However it had a wide variety of racing and shooting games.

If you are an adult I recommend only getting 80-100 (~$15) credits, because after this point you will get bored.

Food is quite poor and overpriced, and the prizes are what to be expected of an arcade. Overall if you have time to burn this can be a fun trip with a few friends, just don't expect the true arcade experience.

1  Thank Burrowed
Reviewed May 29, 2013

From the video arcade to the go cart track to the water balloon lob game the place is a great day out. Had a blast and would go again.

1  Thank Caribwest