“Best kebab, worst service”
Review of Cafe De Khan

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Cafe De Khan
Ranked #934 of 1,756 Restaurants in Mississauga
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We came for Iftar, party of eight. They brought all the food at once (we had Pre-ordered) and then basically left us to fend for ourselves for the e ending. While the food was delicious (best bhihari kebab EVER!!) we were all thirsty, overcrowded lacking napkins, cutlery, plates and it was a huge effort to get anyone's attention and gt any service. Can someone explain to them that taking a drink order is part of the basic service of running a restaurant??? Especially when people have been fasting all day....
I also agree with the reviewers who said the portions are small and over priced...for a mom and pop establishment they are charging fine-restaurant prices. At least the naan or raita should be included with the main meal, for the price they charge.
Overall my impression is that I would drop in for a take away kebab in the future but would never dine in, especially with a large group. They either don't understand how to serve or just don't care.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Food is pretty good..good value combos..I have gone back a few times after..need to improve on customer service..slow service

Reviewed January 26, 2013

one of the best tandoori restts in gta. their chicken tikka, seekh kabab and fried parathas are to die for. the only hitch and my biggest grouse?

they charge you an arm and a leg, but what the hell, atleast give us good sized portions man! if you are going to charge 15 dollars for a tikka/kabab combo with 2 parathas + a drink for another 2 dollars, then will you serve a measly 6" emaciated chicken leg with the thinnest seekh kabab ever seen on this planet, as thin as 3/4 of an inch?? I actually measured it!

if you have good food and you are charging high prices for it, i dont mind paying as long as you serve generous portions and give us the value for our money. to serve such beggar-like portions leaves the customer angry, disgruntled and unsatisfied at the end.

i used to be a very loyal customer, but seeing their portions shrinking all the time, i have stopped going. its a pity the owner doesn't get it. he in fact continuously bad mouths his competition if he has the chance to talk, but does not realise that he is in fact ripping his customers off himself!

3  Thank cuudlybear69
Reviewed April 4, 2012

Good food, not great, slightly on the expensive side for eateries around the neighborhood. Would've been a more frequent visitor had the prices, ambiance corresponded to the realities of the place. However do recommend their bihari kabab, matka meat and parathas.

Reviewed February 21, 2012

I have been here a few times and I can tell you that this is the best Pakistani BBQ you can have in the western hemisphere. Everything I have eaten is very good, fresh and tasty. Have the combos like chicken tikka + beef kebab. You can have it with Nan which is freshly made in the tandoor on location. I also like the mango lassi.
I have had the chicken and beef kebabs and both are very good. The only complaint I would have is the portions could be a bit bigger. They will bring you the food as it gets prepared in no given order. The place is much more busy after 7.30pm then before that time as most Pakistanis have their dinner later in the evening

1  Thank Bizman_9