“Vegetarian good restaurant”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Had some food that was new to me. We took the combination for 4. Not really familiar with the portions I got a very clear and kind explanations from the waitress. The food was fresh and good, including a very unique Miso soup, different kinds of mushrooms with broccoli with good sauce, noodles, dumplings and King Jasmine tea. The noodles tasted a little bit from burned oil. A very reasonable price for this combination. We ordered some side dishes and it all came to about $80.
They have a very nice and impressing tea products shop inside the restaurant.
The washroom (mens') was very clean. It is a private compartment.
In general, very good food and nice atmosphere.

There are newer reviews for Zen Gardens

Reviewed June 14, 2013

I was looking for a quiet restaurant in Mississauga. Zen Gardens came up. Tripadvisor reviews were good so I dared go to my first vegetarian restaurant. I am not vegetarian by any means but the food in this restaurant tastes really good. The lady who served us was asking if we are to share the entrees which was an odd question. When the food came, the servings were humongous! Lol. The picture of the veg tempura was half eaten (yeah forgot to take pic of it before it got devoured). So that’s what the question was all about.

The restaurant has a very zen ambience. It is decent, modern, clean and spacious. We ordered tempura, cutlet with mango and curry. All veggies. Imagine that, no meat mom! The food is very refreshing and filling. They have ginger tea with a choice of ginger leaf or the root. Huh. They have a function room where they have tea ceremony on Sundays. Interesting.

This place is highly recommended to enjoy and appreciate what the vegan world has to offer. Will definitely return.

1  Thank MissNatureTripper
Reviewed March 25, 2013

My daughter and I visit frequently. We're hooked on this place. The tea is really tasty and healthy. The food is fresh and made with Seitain, soy, mushroom, plant proteins and other yummy stuff. The only problem is they are so far away from us, but we still make the trip to eat there. The atmosphere is very relaxing. I think I will suggest the Canadian show "you gotta eat here" visit this place.

3  Thank EleneEtobicoke
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I had such an excellent lunch here! Zen Gardens is a wonderful vegan restaurant with a variety of dishes: Appetizers, Dim-Sum, Soups, Main dishes, Hot Pots, Teas and so much more. Everything we had was absolutely delicious. We had the Sushi combo, a vegetable dish, spring rolls, sticky rice and oolong tea. Everything was absolutely perfect. The service was very friendly. They even sell loose leaf tea and very nice tea sets. If you are tired of eating meat, or are a vegan/vegetarian already, you will love this place. No meat is needed indeed!

3  Thank MrWorldwide721
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Great soups, versatality with soy and tofu, great choice on the menu. Loved the ambience. Great service

2  Thank vinsha