“So I wasn't supposed to be staying here... but the staff make it !!”

Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Airport West/Mississauga
Ranked #2 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I was supposed to be staying at the "Hilton Garden Inn Mississauga" which is opposite the office I would be working from but due to a mix up at work I was here instead, this is the "Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Airport West/Mississauga". So beware if you are booking to get the location you need, apparently there are three Hilton Garden Inns in the area a few miles apart. I wonder if the reviews get mixed up on Tripadvisor too?

It is a rather bland business hotel that is elevated to "very good" by the mostly really excellent staff. I had an issue with only getting cold water out of the shower and the very friendly maintenance guy took a couple of goes to get it fixed. I didn't complain at all but the hotel gave me a room service delivery of a large plate of cheese and fruit as an apology, this is fantastic service. I say mostly excellent because I saw a young lady checking in and trying to use a debit rather than credit card for incidentals deposit, the desk assistant and I assume her manager who was also helping gave her a really harsh time about not accepting the debit, However I used a debit card and it was accepted fine. The staff in the restaurant were very very friendly and two out of the three meals I had there were surprisingly good. I was happy to eat there every night on my stay which is good because the hotel does feel a little isolated from places to eat being in what feels like an industrial estate.

So I have mixed feelings, I hope I don't stay here on my next visit because the location is wrong for me but I liked the staff.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
DOS2, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Airport West/Mississauga, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Thanks for your review, we are glad that you had a good stay.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Airport West/Mississauga

Reviewed March 23, 2014

Picked up a cheap room off of kijiji to saty at. Wow what a surprise the hotel was top drawer from the moment we walked in. Front desk appointed a king suite and breakfast in the morning was great. The room was huge and the bed was comfortable. Would stay at this chain again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Wonderful staff, clean room and just outside of the city but close enough to get to all the attractions. Not sure how old/new the property is but it is in great shape and nice modern feel to it! Convenient to restaurants and close to highway.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 18, 2014

I've stayed here before and this time was no different than before. Like any other Hilton brand hotel, the Hilton Garden Inn didn't disappoint me as usual. Good bang for you buck. I used the prepaid option when booking and saved a couple dollars. Close to the airport but still far enough to not hear the incoming planes. a short drive to downtown Toronto and all the excitement of the big city. will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed March 17, 2014

It was a very pleasant two day stay. The bed was incredibly comfortable with luxurious bedding. The room décor was soothing and relaxing. I didn't want to leave my room! The delicious food aroma from the hotel restaurant in the morning was tempting but I had already made breakfast plans elsewhere. I will have to visit the restaurant on my next trip.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed March 17, 2014

We were in Mississauga for a March break hockey tournament. The staff was very helpful. The weather was terrible and front desk took care of ordering us a cab and called us when it arrived. The rooms were clean and spacious. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 15, 2014

I've been there on a business trip and selected this hotel because it was the closest to the office and most my colleagues were staying there. I found it to be just enough for the purpose. Everything was "ok" except for the restaurant food that I thought was very poor. Overall it's an ok choice but in my opinion the overall quality doesn't justify the value, I expected more.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business