“Stay downtown Toronto and pay 3X”

Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Airport West/Mississauga
Ranked #2 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
London, Canada
“Stay downtown Toronto and pay 3X”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Never stayed in Mississauga before, this hotel is a bargain, we stayed for $99.00 Sat. Aug. 12th, make sure you get the breakfast deal, for $5.00/person its a great deal, have omelets and pretty well everything you want, nice clean breakfast area, also have computer room thats free to use, thats helpfull, for the sake of a twenty minute drive downtown I'll stay here for less than half the cost, also went to "square one" for a shopping experience which is a five minute drive, thebn Mandarin for dinner 3minutes away and Cinestarz for a movie at just 3.99/person, all in all a great night and a great stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
DOS2, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Airport West/Mississauga, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Thank you for your glowing review, glad to hear that you could access all areas of the city and downtown Toronto in 20 minutes!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Korean first
Markham, Canada
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for a couples getaway in mid-august and had a king whirlpool suite (room 419). In terms of the room, it was spotless when we arrived, was large and spacious and looked exactly as it was pictured on the hotel's website. The blackout curtains were amazing and actually blacked out all light however the air conditioner was a tad loud but nothing too obnoxious. A small problem was in the comforter placed on the bed, I can understand the logic behind using a comforter that is encased in a protective cover however the cover on our comforter was too large and I actually woke up at 4am with just the cover on top of me, the actual comforter had folded up on itself and was further down on my body.

Unfortunately, the T.V. in the room was not equipped to allow for movies to be purchased, which was quite unfortunate as we had been planning on doing so. Also, it would have been nice if robes were provided for the suite, however it wasn't a big problem we were given more than enough towels. The rooms themselves were very quiet, but that may have been because we had a corner suite. There was a party going on Saturday night on our floor, but I didn't hear it until I went out for ice and it didn't bother us as we had the tv on.

A small note regarding the whirlpool tub, it was fairly easy to understand how to operate...however the maxx button (which I figured out on Sunday controlled the multi-colour light inside the tub when it miraculously turned on all by itself when the tub was filling) was a pain to get to turn on. I could not, for the life of me, get it to turn on....which was quite frustrating!

Overall, the staff was quite helpful. We called down to the front desk on our first night to request dishes and some cutlery and the manager himself brought them up, which was very much appreciated. However, we requested this on our second night and waited over 45 minutes for them to arrive, at which point we called back down to the front desk 5 times and they failed to answer the phone every time. We finally gave up and went to the front desk ourselves and requested the plates, at which point we weren't even given an apology for the long wait or the failure to answer our call, which I wasn't a fan of. Also, we paid extra to extend our checkout till 5pm (which I appreciated having the option to do) however even though we paid extra, they failed to note it in the system and our cards were deactivated at 1pm. So after we returned from picking up lunch (because their room service hours are from 5-11pm), we couldn't enter our room and again we weren't offered an apology. Finally, around 1:30pm of our checkout day, we decided to have one last soak in the whirlpool and while we were in there....a member of the staff began knocking on our door non-stop and my poor boyfriend had to open the door in a towel (again robe would have been nice)....when my boyfriend did open the door, the staff member almost immediately said "Oh I see here you have extended your checkout, sorry for the intrusion". Just a suggestion for the hotel in the future, please double check if your guests have extended their stays PRIOR to knocking on their doors. It creates for an awkward and uncomfortable situation for your guests.

However, on the positive side, on Saturday morning we left the hotel after breakfast, and when we returned around 3pm our sheets had been changed (as we requested by placing a card on our bed before we left), fresh towels were provided, and the room was cleaned above the call of duty, i.e. our toothbrushes were taken from the counter and placed in a cup. Also, every staff member we met in the halls was friendly and smiled at us, which was nice to see and was appreciated by us.

We had purchased our rooms through the Hilton website and had booked the bed and breakfast package, which for an extra $4 per night, the both of us could have a full complimentary breakfast buffet + cooked to order items...which was a steal of a deal. Breakfast was barely average on Saturday, sausages were undercooked, bacon was soggy and undercooked, potatoes were burnt and not refilled, you had to make your own waffles and we were not offered coffee or tea. However, for four dollars, it wasn't bad but for $12 a person, I would not pay full price for that. However, breakfast on Sunday was much better, there were cooked waffles and French toast (which was amazing), larger selection of juice and fruit, we were offered coffee this time, bacon was actually crispy this time, the sausage was cooked, potatoes were refilled and delicious, and made to order eggs were perfect. Based on my experience, I'd say the buffet quality varies based on what time you arrive and the quality of your server, so before purchasing, I would recommend walking through and taking a look to see if the buffet was replenished recently.

If it wasn't for the small customer service hiccups and the sub-par breakfast Saturday, I would have definitely given this hotel a 5.

Overall, the room was gorgeous, clean, well equipped even if the TV was a tad too small to be viewed from the tub (as a previous guest mentioned below), the blackout drapes were nice, and the cleaning staff was great. It is also in an amazing location, Popeyes, Mary Browns, Subway, Wendy's, Tim Hortons, Starbucks, McDonald's, Burger King, Kelseys, Mucho Burritto, and more are all within a max 5 min drive from the hotel as well as highways 401 and 403. I would definitely return to this property!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review, we are glad you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your feedback regarding contacting the desk and the late check out, it will help us improve our process!
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed August 4, 2012

I stayed here for business. Newer clean rooms & very quiet. The staff was excellent. They were very hospitable and accomodating. Free parking, wireless and a $12 hot breakfast, which I did not have. I will come back mainly because of the staff, cleanliness and price.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank smkosik
DOS2, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Airport West/Mississauga, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Thank you for your review, and thank you for your stay!
Vienna, Virginia
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Sure the place is convenient and clean and newer.... but I had a number of little issues that altogether made it less than ideal.

The first thing that was disconcerting for a midnight arrival is the front lobby doors are locked and you have to try get the attention of a clerk that is actually out of the line of sight to the left to open the door. There was also a paper sign on the door asking to press a button! I MEAN REALLY?? What sort of a welcome experience is that and what kind of area are you in that you have to control entry?

There were 3 staff at the desk so quick checkin was not a problem... however... I had checked in online 9 hours before and they still had the original room which I didnt want because it was listed as having an adjoining room. What is the point if you dont go back and change the assignment or have a way to know if the guest choses another room? And then in the end despite the description online saying the new room was not adjoining... it really was! Is it so hard to have basic room info correct? Of course the Honors Gold level arrival package was not there and probably in the original room. The desk guy apparently didnt think about that but since it was so late I didnt much care anymore.

Then there are these supposedly fantastical Evolution beds. They are not that comfortable compared to most mattresses I have ever been on at HGI or Hampton Inns or Hilton. And more strange... the guy at the desk made a big deal to point out on the placard that the bed was adjustable... so when I plopped down on what what felt like concrete and searched high and lo to soften it only to find the adjustments on each side are UNDERNEATH the sheets and a velcro flap of material. You have to take the sheets off for heavens sakes!! What a stupid design!

This may sound like a cranky review but when it is late and you are tired the details matter and they should be done right.

Room Tip: Ignore whatever the online descriptions for self checkin say as they do not appear to always be accu...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank travel-here-there
Thank you for your review, while we have received mostly positive feedback regarding our innovative Garden Sleep System beds we sorry to here you did not enjoy them.
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Bussiness trip in the Toronto went later than usual. Did a searh and found this 3 years old property mear by. Reservation was quick and easy with the Hilton mobile app on iPhone. At check in, greating was corteous and fast. The front desk team knew this was my first time visit and gave me a quick explanation were all the hotel amenities are located.. With my HHonours benefits, I was upgrade to a king whirlpool room.

The room was spacious with the traditional HGI layout. The whirlpool tub was a semi circle design that would seat 2 people. Good for 2 people but not be suitable for a romantic getaway. The controls on this Maxx whirlpool was difficult to understand and I could not figure out how to control the fan motor speed for the desire amount of jet action. The room is nicely appointed, the only thing I did not like was the size of the television. The tv in the room is the standars 32" LG the proble is that you are at least 10 to 12 feet away when you are either on the bed, sofa or at the work desk. This makes the screen very small at this distance. I would think they would have 2 tv sets for a room this size.

For breakfast., seating was plentiful. But this is one location I could not find a table I liked. The servers are quick and will take away any empty dishes as the tables are on the small side. As in all HGI, made to order omellettes at available, my was he best ever. No undercooked and it was delicious. The canned mushroom used in the omellette did not even bother me.

I would stay again, the price and location is great and the parking is free.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Ken F
Alliston, Canada
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Stayed for 1 night prior to flying out of Pearson. Had a King room which was a good size and comfortable. Had a comfortable chair and a desk area. There was a fridge and wolfgang puck coffee maker. I was personally welcomed with a welcome letter and snacks as a Hilton Honors member.
This is a new hotel so everything is in good condition.
Beds have adjustable comfort settings - soft to hard. I didn't notice much difference in any of the settings.
Good wifi.
Breakfast was excellent with made to order eggs or the simple buffet. I don't like to eat a lot before flying but the eggs benedict at the next table looked really good.
I took the shuttle to the airport. Due to the location and the time of day (morning rush hour), it took a good 15 minutes to get to the airport. Frustrating when you can see it but just can't get to it.
I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Hotel was clean, rooms were nice, and breakfast was really good. However the room cleaners did a terrible job. They didn't replace the coffee mugs, didn't add new towels, and didn't clean out the coffee machine. Good hotel, but poor cleaning services brought it down in my eye.

Room Tip: Make sure to insist on a good cleaning staff
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank pilot1495
, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Airport West/Mississauga, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Thank you for your review, I am glad that overall you enjoyed your stay, we will take your feedback to improve your next experience! Please note that if you do need extra towels, cups etc. you can contact the front desk at any time!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mississauga
Etobicoke
Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto Airport Corporate Centre

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Airport West/Mississauga? Share your experiences!