Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Airport West/Mississauga
Ranked #2 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
“Great service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2011

After comming down to toronto from ottawa we checked in with the hotel and went up to our room after about 40 minutes in the room ( which was right beside the pool "room 216" ) me and my father began to smell an odd smell (probably pool cleaner) and with both of us having asthma knew we probably wouldnt feel very good in the morning within 1 minute of us talking about this the front desk called and asked us how our room was. We told them about our problem and they immideatley moved us to a suite on the seventh floor and gave us complimentary breakfast! Hilton garden inn has always been our preffered place of stay during vacations and amazing customer service such as this keeps us comming back!

• Stayed August 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2011

After a horrible experience and being transfered to this hotel, we had a wonderful experiece here! Everyone was incredibly nice and accomdating.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2011

I recently stayed here in July for two nights. This was my 3rd time staying in this hotel this year (so you can tell that I actually liked the hotel).

Hotel Condition:
The hotel is fairly new so many of the furnishings and decor are modern. It is also very clean as the hotel staff does a nice job of maintaining it.

Room:
The room was a good size with a king-size bed, a desk with a reading lamp and swivel chair, a dresser with 4 drawers, a flat-panel tv, mini-fridge, microwave, two side nightstands, and a chair with an ottoman. There is also a closet and an in-room safe. The bathroom was very clean and had a standing shower with glass, sliding doors. The furnishings in the room were all in great condition.

Location:
If you plan on going out anywhere, you will definitely need a car. There is a Starbucks and a few other restaurants within walking distance but beyond that you're pretty limited. The hotel is a short drive (about 15 to 20 minutes) from Toronto Pearson Airport.

Service:
The lobby staff are very friendly and check-in and check-out was pretty quick. As a HHonors member I was given a nice little welcome bag with snacks on my first visit here. It also included a letter from the general manager which was a nice touch. However, on subsequent stays this welcome bag was missing, even though now I am a Gold member. I don't know if this is an oversight or if they only offer that service the first time you stay with them. In any case, this led to a bit of a disappointment when I first entered my room after check-in. Otherwise, the service was excellent.

Room Service/Pantry:
I did not use room service or dine at the hotel during my stay here so I cannot comment on those. I was a bit shocked to find out that a bottle of soda from the pantry was an additional $3 on my room bill. They don't even charge that much at an airport!

Internet/TV:
The hotel offers free wireless/wired internet. It was fairly consistent but the speeds weren't the greatest. It is definitely sufficient for the occasional email checking and surfing. The TV offerings were okay but I was expecting in-room movie access (that is unavailable at this hotel) as I ended up wanting to avoid the heat and just relax in bed for part of the day.

Pool/Jacuzzi:
Both are quite small but I did see other hotel guests using them.

Gym:
Decent size for this hotel and the machines are up-to-date for the most part.

Business Center:
Two computers set up with a large, corporate-sized multi-function printer. There is also a fax machine, paper, writing tools, etc. It's small but has everything you need for those small tasks like printing out your boarding pass or checking your email if you don't bring your own laptop.

Overall:
I would definitely recommend this hotel to other travelers without hesitation. That said, given that my first stay was my best stay and my subsequent stays have left me wanting for more, I will most likely look at other options in the area the next time I'm in Toronto.

Room Tip: Book online and sign up for HHonors account before staying if you don't already have one.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Montreal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2011

Love this hotel from start to finish. I took 3 elderlies to this hotel for a little week-end in Toronto, we absolutely love our stay. Staff were super nice, a little pool, and gym, free wifi, free parking and about a 15-20 min drive to downtown Toronto. Why stay in Toronto and pay triple the price ?
Breakfast was 12$ /pers, and it's so worth it. They had everything...very yummy
Beds were super comfortable, you want your mattress hard , no problem, mattress soft, no problem either, you can adjust your bed comfort with the knob on the side.
Rooms were super clean, and very big, we had 2 Qn beds and 1 sofa bed.

Will definately return, the whole family enjoyed it

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank madmaster
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2011

Booked thourgh priceline for $90. I made the booking because we had a flight to catch early morning, but since through priceline you don't know what hotel you get we got this one which is very far from the airport .we had to pay $35for a taxi drive after the shuttle that picked us up took us to the wrong hotel. It was our own fault because we didn't know the correct name of the hotel and got on the wrong shuttle.
they gave us a HUGE room with 2 queen beds which was very fortunate because even though the booking said only 2 people, we were 6. I don't know if they just gave us the big room after they saw our number or it was assigned from the beginning but we appreciated it a lot.
Very Clean room and bathroom with quality Neutrogena products.
We booked the shuttle back to the airport and the wake up call was prompt too. our friends had to take a taxi though because there was not enough room in the shuttle with all our bags. (in all fairness though the booking was only for two and we didnot tell them that our friends stayed with us although I think they know!)

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
rome
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2011

My fianceè and i stayed at this hotel some days ago and were very satisfied. The hotel is comfortable, free parking, big room and clean bathroom. The breakfast was excellent, with hot and cold food, corn flakes, yogurts, milk, tea and coffee, and the chef can cook for you omelettes or other eggs preparations (scrambled, poached, etc). The staff was very kind and the hotel had a business center (to use internet for free), a little gym and a pool we didn't use for lack of time. If I'd come to Toronto again I'll surely stay at this hotel. PS: the hotel is very near to the airport, but not very close to downtown. We didn't go to the city centre so it was a good option for us, but it depends on the purpose of your staying.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Leeds
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2011

We arrived at the hotel a little earlier than the 3pm check in time but it wasn't a problem as they quickly swapped our allocated room to one that was ready. We were given a welcome pack specifically for Hilton Honors members which contained some snacks and in addition we were given some extra ice cold bottles of water which was very welcome as it was a balmy 36 degrees when we arrived. Staff were very helpful and called for a taxi for us when we wanted to go out to meet friends. The room was nice and clean, quite roomy. 10 minute drive from Square One Shopping Centre and restaurants ($16 by taxi) and about 10-15 minutes from the airport with a complimentary shuttle service. However, we were under the impression that it was a complimentary buffet breakfast; as we sat down with filled plates, we were informed that we did indeed have to pay for it! If we'd known, we would not have bothered with it and gone elsewhere for breakfast. It certainly wasn't worth the $27 for 2 that we paid! We booked a taxi from Jack Astor's restaurant at Square One with Blue and White taxi's. Told the driver we wanted the Hilton Garden Inn on Matheson, he took us on a long tour and ended up at the wrong Hilton Garden Inn and when we finally arrived at the correct hotel he tried to charge us $27! We refused to pay the full fare. Obviously the taxi wasn't part of the hotel group and has no relevance to the hotel but just a word of warning, if you book a taxi be very specific about where you want to go. Overall, this hotel was very nice and I'd recommend it to anyone who needed a hotel close to the airport.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mississauga
Etobicoke
Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto Airport Corporate Centre

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Airport West/Mississauga? Share your experiences!