“Swirls hard, few day old cupcakes”
Review of Swirls

Swirls
Ranked #12 of 17 Bakeries in Mississauga
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Delivery
Description: Swirls is a NUT-FREE bakery that offers gourmet CUPCAKES, CAKES and other sweet treats at both store locations (Mississauga and Etobicoke). We also specialize in custom cupcakes and cakes -- including shaped/character cakes. Contact us for your events, corporate functions and special events. We offer catering of freshly baked goods, set-up and delivery.
Reviewed February 3, 2011

I hAve been to Swirls plenty if times in the past and have taste wonderful cupcakes. Up until recently I have gone in and the cupcakes were not as fresh as they use to be. I went in last week and I ordered a cupcake and had to return it because it was rock hard!!! Even the icing was hard when you pushed on it. I got another one and still the same thing... Hard!

Swirls should not leave their cupcakes out for more than 2
days...or invest in a better place to keep them if they harden that fast

Not happy at all, all i wanted was a fresh cupcake. I resorted to liblaws and a pack of 4 was fresher than te store bought ones.

1  Thank Sasssssy
Swirlscupcakes, Owner at Swirls, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2011

We apologize for your recent disappointing experience at Swirls. Our customers are very important to us and your feedback is helpful to us in maintaining/improving our quality in all areas. Due to our heater recently being under repair our store was cold and this affected our products. The coldness in the store made the butter in both the buttercream and in the cakes hard. Even within 15 minutes of the cupcakes being made the buttercream would harden. We should have suggested to let the cupcakes settle to room temperature upon taking them home. The heater is now repaired and the cupcakes are back to their usual goodness :). Thank you for your feedback and hope to see you again.

Reviewed August 3, 2010

I've gone here a few times with my children for the cupcakes. They're good and the service those times were ok, not particularly friendly. I decided to order a dozen for my daughter's birthday and paid extra for the decorative fondant butterflies. I described to the girl on the phone which ones I wanted (they were from a picture on their website) and when I went to pick them up, there were different decorations on them. When I questioned them about it, the girl at the counter was so unapologetic and blamed me for giving them the wrong description. When I explained that it wasn't anything special, it was from a picture on their website, she just shrugged it off and didn't offer any solution or apology. It really is too bad the service sucks because the cupcakes are good.

3  Thank Mom2kidsMississauga
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed October 11, 2009

Simply Divine! I'd visit more often but I can't resist the calories! Yummy lovely cupcakes! And the gelato is fab! Especially the Avocado... sounds weird but it is delicious!

2  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook