“Best mexican Food outside of Mexico”
Review of El Sombrero

El Sombrero
Ranked #129 of 1,781 Restaurants in Mississauga
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed August 1, 2014

I have been going here for the last 11 years and the food has ALWAYS been amazing. They have a great selection and a loyal following. If you go make sure you are hungry..things to try the WET BURRITO is to die for but full of rice, beans, cheese, guac, salsa, protein and jalpenos..all wrapped up and served with a yummy tomato sauce on top. their Quesidillas are phenomenal, their fish tacos are finger licking good especially the slaw mixture they put in there. Oh and if you so dare the fries are amazing - garlic and cajun seasonings so good...For the healthy peeps the chilli and taco salad are very good...and last but not least the chocolate covered tortilla chips. If you have not tried it you have to come here and try it out...if you come on a weekday at lunch be prepared to wait. You will not be disappointed and might never go back to Taco Bell or Much Burrito just sayin :)

1  Thank Jamie D

Reviewed August 1, 2014

This is the best restaurant we have found near the Pearson Airport. It is a five minutes drive east and very well worth it. The atmosphere and food is legit - great people, great cooking and we'll be back for sure!!!

!Viva Mexico!

Reviewed July 18, 2014

We came to this area not looking for food, but for business, but ended up coming here for lunch. I have read reviews before of this place and decided to give it a try. It was empty when we arrived there. There were two wonderful ladies who greeted us. This place is not Fine dining, more of a casual laid back atmosphere, with a lot of space. They have a huge outdoor patio, a big plus for the summer season. They have an extensive menu of Mexican items to choose from. I cannot say it is fully "authentic" ( one who ate real Mexican food will know it is slightly different), but this of course Mexican food targeted for Canadian tastes. We ordered the chicken quesadilla , and the chicken enchiladas which came stuffed with so much chicken ( 3 enchiladas medium size roles) and rice, salad or beans you can get. we also got two Mexican drinks, the entire bill came to 30$ with taxes. So it is not as cheap, but quality was wonderful, very fresh, tasty and the lady brought the food to us while we waited outside. Great customer service, and very good food. next time I will ask them to make it more spicier though . will be back for sure if in the area again.

Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

I have been going here for nine years and it is amazing. It's small and simple but honestly the best Mexican food in the gta.

Reviewed June 20, 2014

I revisited El Sombrero last night for dinner. I've been to the Brunel location, but this time I went to Financial Drive. The gentleman helping was very accommodating and made us feel very welcome and at home. So service overall, superb. I had the chicken quesadilla with guacamole on the side and my boyfriend got 2 tacos (one beef the other chicken) with the rice and beans. The food tasted really fresh, surprisingly since it was the end of the day that we visited. The quesadilla was packed with lots of stuffing. Not sure what since I inhaled my food. Actually I found the portions very generous. I took half mine home. The cilantro inside made it very very authentic tasting. And price was very reasonable. Cheaper than fine dining and pricier than Taco Bell. I am definitely coming back the next time I get mexican food cravings.