“Great value, and the food is very authentic everyday Mexican food...”
Review of El Sombrero

El Sombrero
Ranked #143 of 1,676 Restaurants in Mississauga
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Sudbury, Canada
“Great value, and the food is very authentic everyday Mexican food...”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We stopped here last night with a friend who had been here before and receomended it to us. We very much enjoyed the food and value, the restaurant is a little small and non descript but the food is great and teh value is a WOW. We will definately come here again.

• Visited August 2013

toronto
“Good Mexican food”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

The restaurant is simple and cozy, and the food was tasty. The price wasn't that cheap but not unreasonable. We had 3 different dishes and they were all pretty good.

The salsa that came with the chips didn't taste that fresh. Almost as if it came from a jar. But everything else--service, flavor and ,ambiance was good. Nice people! Great Mexican place to eat, clean washroom, too!

Visited August 2013
Wichita, Kansas
“Great flavors!!”
Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

One of the best place I've eaten. Burrito is huge and prices are fare. Plus they have beer. It's set up like a fast food place and if the weather is bad 1/2 of their seating is outside

• Visited July 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Nice surprise”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I had stopped her after intending to go to the Subway next door but this place looked intriguing enough to lure me in. The food was pretty good and seemed fresher than your run of the mill taqueria. It is worth checking out if you are off of Hurontario & Brittania Rds in Missassauga.

Visited July 2013
Toronto, Canada
“A taste of Mexico in the city”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Caveat: I've not been to Mexico since I was 4. However, this little place has the charm I imagine a little bar establishment there to have. Now that I've been there twice in the past month, I know for sure I'll be back.

The food portions are large and delicious (I have yet to finish my meal in one sitting). The home-made tomato-garlic sauce that douses each wet burrito has lots of flavour, and the meat is spiced nicely. In 2 visits we've had the wet burrito beef and shrimp (both good), the enchiladas (it comes with 3, so try one of each: pork, beef and chicken), and the taco salad (quite large, probably with as much meat as the burrito), and were not disappointed with any of them. The friends we went with were thrilled to find Jarritos brand soda in the upright, and they are licenced. While I can't vouch for authenticity, it feels a little more Tex-Mex than traditional Mex.

One of the things we really like is the patio, so you really should visit in the summer and make use of it as it adds to the ambiance. About half a dozen tables for 4 with umbrellas out front, and with the plants and the vines and the front of the restaurant completely open to it makes it feel like you're not in Mississauga anymore.

There's a selection of hot sauces on the counter (all hot mind you - no med/mild), and utensils are up at the front near the till, and water is on the counter in a pitcher. You place your order, take the complimentary chips and salsa, and then they bring your food to the table and you pay up front afterward. We've found the owners/servers to be very down-to-earth, friendly people.

My hubby and I are thrilled to find this place in Mississauga, and look forward to bringing more of our friends there and sharing this hidden gem with them.

• Visited July 2013