“Updated review: PLEASE improve your service”

Ombretta Cucina + Vino
Reserve a Table
Today
8:00 PM
Ranked #113 of 2,051 Restaurants in Mississauga
Description: Ombretta Cucina+Vino is an Italian restaurant in Mississauga located in the heart of Port Credit. The menu has modern interpretations of classic Italian dishes.
Reviewed March 9, 2019

UPdated review: please, please improve your service. Recently ate here, and the food was wonderful, as before. But there are still just two servers, both have been there since day one, and frankly, one of them should just not be in the industry. He is terrible. Younger guy, can't handle multiple tables, might be related to the owners/chefs, he is arrogant, doesn't make eye contact, made us wait for 15 minutes before even greeting us and offering us a drink order. He will be the reason this restaurant folds.

Previous review:
The food in this restaurant never ceases to amaze me. It is THAT good. It tastes better than in Rome, I swear. My first visit was a quiet winter night and the chefs took time to come out to our table and say hello. Our waiter discussed truffles with us and they surprised us with a complimentary appetizer with shaved black truffle. Second visit, tonight, equally as spectacular. It was a busy night, with a large party yet we never felt ignored. Yes, service was slower due to the large party but they were very quick to respond if we waved them down and we never felt ignored. Even if we did, I would have forgiven it because every single dish at our table was outstanding. The restaurant decor is plain, the dishes they serve not pretentious, and the location is not the most glamour or well situated but you will not regret giving this place a try. My only regret is having waited so long to return.

Date of visit: February 2019

Reviewed March 9, 2019 via mobile

The best Italian restaurant in port credit hands down . Thank you to Leo for always taking care of us and making our meal special . I've been to the so called new Italian restaurant on the water in port credit ...... Never again . You need professionals in the front of the house .....not children .

Date of visit: March 2019
2  Thank belloooooooo
Reviewed February 3, 2019 via mobile

It is always a treat when the Chef/owners cook for us. Sometimes it’s hard to choose from the unique menu choices, which change with the seasons, so we just keep going back to try everything. My husband is a picky eater and they are very accommodating. The service is top notch, from the greeting to clean cutlery between courses. I always feel great and sleep well after eating at Ombretta, making it the only choice when going out for dinner. My mouth is watering just writing about it. Cheers!

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed November 28, 2018

I was at the restaurant last night for my birthday dinner and as always the greatest service and the food is true Italian with a flair. I love this place, the owners are so nice and the food is amazing. Definitely go to this restaurant, you will not be disappointed!

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed November 13, 2018 via mobile

Had a great dinner there. Mushroom tagliatelle pasta and Osso Bucco were both great. Service was attentive but not hovering. Wine by glass is pricey but bottle prices are pretty standard. Will definitely go back.

Date of visit: November 2018