To Whom This May Concern,
I was very recently a guest at the Hilton Garden Inn hotel and I did not have the opportunity to fill out the survey before leaving the room, therefore I am providing my feedback through trip advisor.
I booked my reservation online in April, the room I reserved was supposed to be a suite, I had specifically wanted the suite with the hot tub simply because I was on vacation and wanted a chance to relax in comfort with the added luxury. The room was comfortable but it was definitely not a hot tub suite. The room I did get was a king size guest room with a stand up shower.
When my guest and I arrived we approached the check in counter and explained that we had a reservation, the gentleman that was checking in was very polite however he seemed confused about the name the reservation was under. After receiving our room keys I noticed that the name on the outside of the key holder had someone else's name on it - not mine. After noticing this and the seeing the room it was clear that we were put into someone else's room and not the one that I reserved.
Not wanting to argue after a 10 hour drive and checking the website to read that hotel reservation was apparently subject to availability I did not request a different room which was a mistake on my part, I did not bring this to anyone's attention. Aside from the room not being a hot tub suite I found it to be clean and well kept. It had all the amenities and was comfortable, the only concern I had was that the hot water was limited and the cold water was luke warm at times.
My main concern is not with the actual room, it is with the staff. My guest and I had several dealing with the front desk office staff. First when we checked in, then again to inquire about specific locations of places in the hotel (I.e. pantry), we also spoke to the same staff to inquire about the cost of parking, not once was I addressed by my name or by Mr. and that I feel is very unprofessional especially in a hotel that is recommended for business professionals. The following day I had wanted to inquire about making travel arrangements from the hotel to downtown Toronto and the first question that was asked was by a lady at the counter "Well are you staying in the hotel?" I was very offended by this as I am sure anyone would have been for two reasons. The gentleman that was behind the counter had seen us numerous times and did not attempt to inform his co-worker that we were guests, and secondly the comment was made in a very condescending way, almost like we didn't look like we belonged in the hotel because we were not dressed as "business professionals". My guest and I felt very uncomfortable asking for anything or even being seen in the hotel because we did not feel welcome at all. It should not matter what my appearance is, a hotel should treat each guest with respect and some level of professionalim
The restaurant staff and room service attendant on the other hand were exceptional. They were polite and courteous and friendly and they actually smiled. They made us feel like we were not intruding. The food was fantastic, both breakfast and dinner.
My whole experience was far from perfect, however I do understand that not all hotel operate at the same professional level. I would give my stay a 5 out of 10 rating. I have been in the customer service industry for over 12 years and I think that the staff needs some lessons in "customer service". With that being said, I would recommend your hotel to others, I would just advise them on their physical appearance before checking in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Airport is built "green" from the ground up, and the first new build hotel in Canada to be accredited with LEED certification. The hotel is located just minutes from Pearson International Airport, major corporate offices, and Toronto's largest convention centres, including the International Centre, Toronto Congress Centre and Mississauga Convention Centre. Restaurants, shopping, major attractions and sporting facilities are just a short drive from the Hilton Garden Inn, including Vaughan Mills Shopping Centre, Woodbine Slots and Racetrack, the Hershey Centre and the Powerade Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelPower, Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Airport Hotel Mississauga
- Hilton Garden Inn Mississauga
- Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Airport Mississauga, Ontario