“great hotel”

Ranked #6 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
niagara on the lake, Canada
“great hotel”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

i have stayed here many times. we always try to book this place, since we are familiar with it! the rooms are a great size. always clean in all areas of the hotel. parking is relatively inexpensive. the food is great.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Stayed one night while waiting to fly out of Toronto. Hotel has airport shuttle which runs every 20-30 minutes and very close to the airport (about 5 minutes). Beds comfy, no noise, very close to airport, check in quick. Shower could use a little improvement as not much water pressure.
Room was very clean. A big plus is a restaurant on the premises however it is only open until 10 pm so if you get in late your are out of luck. Supper and breakfast were good and lots of diversity on the menu however breakfast is not complementary as it is at the Hampton 2 doors away.

Oshawa, Canada
Reviewed May 5, 2014

My boyfriend and I recently stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn for a wedding reception nearby.One particular staff member was truly amazing while we stayed there.

This employee went above and beyond to help make my time there the best that it could be. When I lost the back of my gold earing and we were unable to find a suitable substitute so that I could wear them that night, the front desk employee offered me the back of her earring and said not to worry about returning it because it was only plastic.

I am and was extremely grateful as our shuttle to where we were going was leaving in less than ten minutes. I never found the back of my earing that fell off somewhere in the hotel, however that employee's willingness to please this customer made it impossible not to appreciate our stay.

Because of her, I would recommend the hotel to anyone in a heart beat and will be writing a fantastic review for you on trip advisor as well.

The hotel was also very up to date, clean, and comfortable. I would definitely choose to stay here again. Our only issue with the stay was the lack of an included breakfast for the price, but it would still be worth it if you brought your own breakfast as the room had a fridge, a microwave, and a coffee maker.

1 Thank cassy g
Milani P, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Airport, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Dear Cassy G,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback about your recent stay with us!
We are so pleased to hear that you had a great stay and that our Guest Services Agent, Aimee Lanfrey, went above and beyond to help you in your time of need.

We have shared your lovely comment with Aimee and all our staff at HGI Toronto Airport.

We hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel next time you are in the Toronto Airport area.

Thank you.
Kindest Regards,

Milani Patel
Front Office Manager
Red Deer, Canada
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Decent Stay. Missing Nixon Watch ($300) Not Cool!! Not Cool!! Not Cool!! Not Cool!! Not Cool!! Not Cool!! Not Cool!! Not Cool!! Not Cool!!Not Cool!! Not Cool!! Not Cool!! Not Cool!! Not Cool!! Not Cool!! Not Cool!! Not Cool!! Not Cool!! Not Cool!! Not Cool!! Not Cool!! Not Cool!! Not Cool!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed May 4, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel several times over the past couple of years and they have given me no reason to not keep coming back. Their breakfast's are better than the usual continental's that you get elsewhere. The rooms are clean and spacious, and the servers in the lounge area do a great job.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Pukekohe, New Zealand
Reviewed May 2, 2014

The hotel itself was good value, with a free 24/7 shuttle service to and from the airport. The room was comfortable and the restaurant was good.
BUT we checked out early for a flight, and I took my wedding ring off to apply hand cream and left it behind - either in our room or in the reception area.
I discovered my loss on our flight to Barbados and rang the hotel immediately on our arrival in Barbados. The person who answered the phone couldn't have been less helpful. She wasn't interested in taking any details from me and insisted on putting me through to housekeeping, which she freely told me had finished for the day and so I could only leave a voice message. So I left a detailed message, and asked the person who got the message to email me with their response. And 7 days later I have still heard nothing (yes I have waited this long to complain).
So our whole trip has been spoiled by my loss and by the lack of any response from the hotel.
Very disappointing for such a reputable hotel chain.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear StheG,

Thank you for writing a response in regards to your recent stay at our hotel.
I would like to apologize for the level of service you received when trying to find your lost and found item.

Kindly contact Carmen at the hotel at 905-362-9488 and she will be happy to assist you.

Thank you for choosing our hotel, we hope you choose to stay with us again in the future so we can give you the service you deserve.

Best Regards,

Milani Patel
Front Office Manager
MYRTLE BEACH
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Parking is simple as well. The breakfast area and bar are quite impressive and the rooms are laid out well and comfortable. When I checked in the process was efficient and the staff very friendly. For those concerned about security the elevators have a key card. There is no outside bars or places to eat you can walk to so if that is a consideration for your trip - keep that in mind.

Room Tip: no particular recommendation --- I didn't hear airplane noise.