“Really great comfy room”

Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Airport
Ranked #6 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
“Really great comfy room”
Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

Waited about 30 min for the hotel shuttle but that is to be expected after midnight, front desk clerk was great and offered us nice fresh green apples and bottles of water, then as it was so late she offered us a nice room close to the front desk, wow what a GREAT room! Spacious entry way, divider door from the bedroom area so person getting ready can let the other person sleep in the am, nice feature! Wonderful built in seating and a chaise lounge, probably the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in. Nice colors, very classy room. I'd highly recommend. Shuttle was on time in the am back to the airport.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Less than a $30. cab ride from the Pearson airport. Good stayover. Very comfy bed and desk chair. Very clean, quiet and polite staff. Would stay again. Wish it had an included breakfast, but other than that just fine. Suggest taking a metered cab to/from airport which works out to be less than a flat rate one

Laurel, Maryland
Reviewed January 19, 2014

The property:
Nestled amongst other airport hotels and some industrial buildings, it felt completely different when you entered. The surrounding area was forgotten and you were simply in a very nice hotel.

Check in:
Fast, efficient and very friendly.

The lobby:
A nice area, tucked across from reception and near the small business center, it is a comfortable place to watch people or just wait for your ride.

Business center:
A small room but equipped with what you need: computer, printer, paper.

Restaurant:
A very nice breakfast and menu for other meals made a short trip easy with quick access to food. There is also a pay as you go pantry for in-room snacks.

The room:
A typical Hilton Garden Inn but very clean and comfortable. It's what you want for a long layover between flights or a quick business trip to the area.

The bathroom:
Again, a typical layout that functions.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Having flown into Toronto after a hectic flight, we wanted to stay overnight at a comfortable moderately priced hotel with the feeling of a home. The Hilton Garden Inn fit the bill. The room was spacious and clean, the staff were prompt and professional, the bar was pleasant, and the restaurant was very good. Although the food in the restaurant was not gourmet, there was a nice variety of items for dinner and the breakfast was great. In contrast to other hotels in the area (where we had stayed before), this one had a feeling (at least somewhat) of "home". We would go back.

Richmond, Canada
Reviewed January 15, 2014

After a long and cramped flight, the HGI was like stepping into an oasis of calm. As diamond members we were upgraded to a large, very quiet and super comfortable suite. We enjoyed a couple of drinks at the bar (very friendly and helpful waitstaff) and a wonderful dinner in the restaurant. Breakfast the next morning was also very good. We had no problems with the shuttle to and from the airport. Price was excellent as was overall stay. By far, the best airport experience we have ever had.

Room Tip: all rooms are quiet so doubt it matters
1 Thank novascotiakate
L'Assomption, Canada
Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here before with any issues so I'm a it surprised by my last visit.

My check in went well. My room was nice however the pole for the shower curtain was barely hanging on. You can see that they tried fixing it with silicone however it wasn't doing the trick. I also found it not very appealing to look at.

So I didn't notice that my room had no iron till the next morning when I was starting to get ready for my meetings. When I noticed I went straight to the front desk to advise them of this and that I needed one as soon as possible. The person at front desk was very helpful in trying to fix my issue. I waited and waited and when I no longer had a choice I decided to wear a sweater instead. When I went down I advised them that I was still waiting for the iron. Again front desk was very helpful. I was waiting in the lobby for a coworker of mine so that we could start our day and heard the front desk calling and requesting that an iron be sent up without fail. Fast forward to 6pm, I get back to my room and still no iron. I also noticed that my tub wasn't cleaned due to some of my chest hairs still being there and the garbage wasn't emptied either. Went down to front desk where this time I spoke to a manager. I was offered a free breakfast and did get my iron.

I just hope that next time I'm staying there the service will be where it usually is.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Milani P, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Airport, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Dear Glenn M.

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your recent stay at our hotel.
I would like to apologize for the service that you received during your stay. You feedback has been shared with our staff to avoid these type of issues for the future.
We hope that you will choose to stay with us again so we can give you the service you deserve.

Thank you.
Regards,

Milani Patel
Front Office Manager
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Hilton Garden Inn by the airport is the best in terms of quality and price - and an excellent shuttle service between airport and hotel. Nice bar area and fitness center as well. very speedy check-in and check-out, plus easy parking - the perfect place to stay prior to a trip.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn