WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #6 of 61 Hotels in Mississauga
London, Canada
“Hilton Garden Inn”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

This facility was recommended by our travel agent, prior to a vacation flight to the Carribean.
Reservations for two rooms were made 3 months+ in advance. Hotel did mess up / mis-interpret the plan but with 'direction' from both the travel agent and myslef, got things right.
In the end...(upon check-in) all went fine.
Room: excellent..clean and quiet. Parking: underground!
Restaurant: pricey BUT tried room service (same price as eating in dining room) and fast.
Shuttle to / from airport: 10 minute ride

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Kitchener, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

Room is nice. The bed was the most uncomfortable I have ever slept on in a Hilton property.. No shampoo in bathroom. Despite leaving shower on hot for 5-10 mins... No hot water. The heating system cycled on and off continually until I got out of bed and turned it off at 3.00am.
The waiter in the restaurant did not get my order correct and could not be tracked down once he had delivered the food. Only to appear when he wanted to give me the bill.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Gavin G
Milani P, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Airport, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Gavin,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience via TripAdvisor. Please accept our sincere apologies for the hassle and frustration the incidents with hot water and poor dining service have caused you.
We strive to make every guests' stay pleasant and we regret this was not your impression. We have shared your comments with our team and we will use them as we work to improve the quality of stay we provide for our current and future guests.
We hope to have another chance to show you the level of hospitality you deserve should you return to our area in the future.

Copenhagen, Denmark
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

This is a pretty new Hilton Garden Inn and it was fine Nothing special but also nothing that was terrible. If you have business to conduct in the area, or if you have a layover at Pearson, it is a good choice.
There is a free shuttle from the airport to the hotel, though some reported having to wait a very long time for it.
Other than that, you will need a car to get to anything at all. The hotel has underground parking which costs (I believe) about 10.00/ day.

Don't stay here if you are looking for nightlife or anything exciting. This is about 30 kilometers outside the downtown area.
The gym was a but small, but adequate and the breakfast was good, though pricey. There is a Tim Horton's around the corner where you can grab a coffee and English muffin for under 5 bucks.

Would definitely stay again. The price was pretty good too.

• Stayed February 2013
Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

Have visited this hotel on other occassions. Arrived late and glad to find out the bar is open until Midnight (most HGI bars close at 10pm). Staff was very friendly and I was checked in quickly. Shuttle service is shared between Hampton and this property but they are right next door so this is ok.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Olympia WA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

I stayed here recently when I had an early morning flight out of Toronto airport. I liked the room, but found the bed very uncomfortable. It was supposedly a sleep number bed on which the firmness could be adjusted, but I searched the room for something that would allow me to adjust it and never found anything. By the time I realized it was a problem and that I couldn't find the control, it was way too late to pack up and change rooms. As a result, I slept terribly.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Milani P, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Airport, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Phil,

We are sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay. We apologize for the issue you encountered with your adjustable bed and have reported your concerns to our maintenance team. We will be sure to address this issue and hope you will consider giving us a second chance if you return to the area.

Thorold
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

We have stayed at the Hilton Garden twice our last visit was for 1 night on Feb 12/13.This is a very nice motel ,has minor problems like climbing over people with your suitcases on very small elevators ,slow service in restaurant, and beds that are suppose too adjust for comfort but don't. My main problems are with "management" and this is why I won't return!! We booked this stay and fully paid for it Dec 26 /12 on " Booking. Com " where it says parking fees are $12 a night just the same as it says on Hilton gardens website.
When we checked in 7hr before our flight we were told we couldn't leave our car here for the week as they didn't have room. ????You guys are an AIRPORT motel, why did guys think I was staying overnight here for ?? Never "ever " have I had this problem before at any motel by the airport. The girl on the desk suggested I take my car to the park n fly ,then take there van to the airport then call the motel and they would send a van for us! Hello....its 9 oclock at night I gotta be up at 3-30 AM.....I'm paying you guys so I can get some sleep !! We ended up parking at the airport economy parking near the Alt Motel (Where we will be staying next time ) and walked back to Hilton. If parking wasn't available " Hilton Gardens" should have called us !! Now move forward to March my credit card statement comes in and they recharged me the amount I had payed in full back in December. I have phoned Hilton Garden and they can't seem to fix there own mistake's so they transfer me over there accounting which doesn't appear in any hurry to fix the problem ! Tip to travelers. Book a flight that leaves later in the day so you won't need a room....You will sleep better ! Also these motels offer free parking during slower weeks then rip $ you off during prime season.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Milani P, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Airport, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Chelsea,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us. I sincerely apologize for the unfortunate experience you had with our parking situation and billing misstep. I appreciate your speed in bringing this opportunity to me and allowing me to follow up with our accounting department, ensuring that you and future guests are taken care of. Your satisfaction is our top priority and a member of our team will be reaching out to correct the situation as soon as possible. If I can assist you further, certainly let me know.

Thank you.
Kindest Regards,

London, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

Always a pleasure to stay here. Love the underground parking available -- don't have to worry about digging out your car after a couple of weeks vacation. Parking is secure and you don't have to worry about your car being broken into. The rooms are clean, the beds are VERY comfortable and we enjoy staying here whenever we are flying away on vacation or business. It's proximity to the airport and shuttle availablility is unsurpassed.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple