“Amazing Value Squeaky Clean”

Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Airport
Ranked #7 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
muskoka canada
“Amazing Value Squeaky Clean”
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We took advantage of their park and stay package. Left vehicle for two weeks while in Cuba, arrived 2:00 AM on return. Phoned for hotel shuttle, only waited about 4 minutes. Check in took 30 seconds, room was already booked and key ready. Hotel is brand new, room was immaculate and we had a great sleep.
Check out is 12:00 so we were able to sleep in. Underground parking is clean and well lit. Overall, for two weeks vacation, this is cheaper than parking only, with a room thrown in!
Absolutely we will be here again this fall for our next trip.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 8, 2011

Oh where to start? First let me say that I am a Hilton Diamond member and as such I am “supposed” to get better treatment.

I was traveling with my wife and 4 children so I asked for adjoining rooms. Upon check in I was informed that all the adjoining rooms were taken. Now the clerk have a stack of keys a foot tall and the hotel was empty at that point so I asked if they were all taken by Diamond members. The answer was that the other people had made reservations a long time ago. As a Diamond member I am suppose to get my choice of room.
So now I have to stay in 2 none adjoining rooms.
Let me just list the other problems:
No sheets for the crib
Tried to order coffee at 2:00 – none! Couldn’t even get any in the lobby
Wireless was so slow that it was unusable
A/C was deafening
Parking lot are would not go up – the clerk says just keep trying it until it work – wrong answer – how about let me come out and see if I can help
The “chef” was so grumpy you didn’t want to order anything from him
The rooms are super small
Kept getting a 5am wake up call – thanks now the baby is awake

Oh and the best out of all of this: the hotel didn’t even email me a “how was your stay note”

Don’t stay here – there is a Hilton about a block away, maybe it is better.

PS that is the 2nd Hilton Garden Inn I have stayed in this year that has been awful.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Traveler-Winston
SilverHotelGroup, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Airport, responded to this review, June 12, 2011
We would like to thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We are genuinely disappointed to see that you did not have a good experience here, and would like to offer our sincere apologies . We take all guest requests seriously, especially those from our loyal HHonors members. Unfortunately, we were unable to accommodate your request for adjoining rooms that weekend due to a large group occupying our hotel. We have a limited number of adjoining rooms in the hotel, and do not have any adjoining rooms that each have 2 Queen beds (which is what you had reserved). As previously mentioned, we make every effort to accommodate guest requests and we provide the best alternatives that we can, when we are unable to accommodate a specific request. We would also like to apologize for the problem with the parking gate, and note that we provided complimentary parking for the inconvenience you experienced. We truly do take guest satisfaction very seriously, and strive for excellence with the service we provide, as reflected in many of the other reviews on this website.
Once again, thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback, and we would welcome the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel on a future stay .
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed May 27, 2011

I stay in the Mississauga area frequently for business reasons and frequent many of the area hotels. This was my first stay at the Hilton Garden Inn and I was very pleased. The check in process was smooth, the front desk clerk (Joey) was extremely courteous, helpful and informative, and the cookies at the desk a nice additional touch. The room was clean, a reasonable size and the linens were of good quality. There was a microwave and fridge in the room. No issues with noise - the room was quiet. The gym was the best I have been in at any hotel - the equipment was new, top of the line Precor, and the room was well air conditioned with plenty of towels and cold water available.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Kingston, Ontario
Reviewed May 4, 2011

We chose this airport hotel based on the rate we received and the reviews on Tripadvisor. For the most part we were not disappointed. Our rate included 8 days of parking and free shuttle service to and from the airport. Our room was clean and quiet. We did not use the pool/hot tub but noticed the pool was very small. We had dinner at the restaurant and even thought the quality of food was good the portions were very small. In fact, we ordered room service later as we were still hungry!
Our shuttle was on time taking us to the airport but we had to wait 50 minutes for the shuttle to pick us up when we landed....unacceptable.....especially after a long day of traveling! The hotel is literally 5 minutes from the airport.
Front desk staff were friendly and our car was kept safe in the underground parking.
We would stay here again but shuttle service should be improved!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
SilverHotelGroup, Owner at Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Airport, responded to this review, June 12, 2011
Thank you for sharing your review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and intend to return. We have shared your feedback with our food & beverage team to help them continue to improve their menu offerings. Ongoing changes have been made to our shuttle service that we are confident will improve the pick up timing that you mentioned. We look forward to providing you a perfect stay on your next visit!
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 1, 2011

I have been to many Hilton Garden Inn's and they are all quite similar. Most have a pavilion that you drive up to which has a restaurant and the front desk and is 5 or 6 stories high. This hotel is beautiful........and breaks the mold of a typical Hilton Garden Inn......it's a high rise building.

First impression.......... the building seemed to be made mostly of glass, visually stunning....very modern. Upon entering, the lobby had a really warm feel to it......and it was impeccably clean.

I approached the front desk and the staff were wonderful (almost a bit too cheery....not that I would ever complain about that).........I did think they might jump over the desk to greet me :) I was offered an upgrade as I am an Hilton Honors member and made my way up to the room.

IMPRESSIVE............REALLY clean (the hotel is pretty new), really spacious, flat screen televisions (2 of them in my room). I sat down at the desk and the chair was to die for (Herman Miller, a standard at Hilton Garden).

I had arrived with a fairly bad taste in my mouth from another Hilton property so I actually 'inspected' the room......tried looking behind the bed, under the toilet...... 'looking' for defects and I couldn't really find anything......I was really comfortable.

I had a drink in the Bar and the server was really nice. As I was drinking from my glass I noticed there was a lipstick imprint on it (clearly not mine) and the server immediately apologized, mixed me a new one and told me it was on the house.......which I didn't expect nor ask for.

The bed was very comfortable and seemed to have a mattress topper, more plush than I was use to but it was like sleeping on clouds. VERY comfortable and slept great.

The shuttle in the morning was prompt and the airport only a few minutes away. I already booked my next stay here.....you won't be disappointed. All the comforts of a Hilton Garden Inn......made for 2011!

Room Tip: New Hotel with Almost No Flaws