“Excellent Pizza”
Review of Capra's Kitchen

Capra's Kitchen
Ranked #19 of 2,039 Restaurants in Mississauga
Reviewed March 17, 2017

First I have to address the music. It was Saturday night fever and other 70s music which was driving us crazy. Massimo, sweetie, you need Italian music in your restaurant.

The pizza is the best we have had outside of Italy. The dough is perfection - light and crispy with just the right amount of chew and cooked perfectly, right amount of toppings and sauce. Like I said perfection.

The ravioli were not great, I didn't see any Swiss chard in them, just ricotta, and the sauce was far too acidic. I did not enjoy them, they tasted pre-manufactured and not like homemade fresh ravioli I make. Also, the portion size was far too small for the price.

The whole fish was served on a board and it was very messy to eat. Either the server should filet it for you at the table, or serve it on a plate. They should remove the head as it was not really appetizing to see a fish staring at you while you are trying to eat.

The fried gnocchi sharing plate was not at all what we expected. They were more like fried dough than fried gnocchi you would get in Italy. They are good but I would not order them again. They are a light airy dough dried served in a tomato sauce. Basically like a bread and since we ordered the ciabatta, we really didn't need this too. The ciabatta was suppose to come out with oil and balsamic and did not.

For the deserts, they really need to come out with a full line of gelato, especially when the weather gets better. The desert options were underwhelming.

The pizza was so good that we will be back again and again. Can't tell you how good this pizza is.

The service is very friendly but it was very busy, so a little slow.

Reviewed March 15, 2017 via mobile

Fantastic food and service! I had a pizza that was Devine and my husband a porketta panini. Negroni drink was awesome.

Reviewed March 14, 2017

We have been waiting for the restaurant to open for months. It is busy and no reservations for tables less than 5 but no problem as we 2 were happy at the bar. Food was excellent and on time and everyone was warm and homey . We had fish - seabass whole and it was done crisp but moist and could not have been better - and that is from a fussy eater. Will be back !

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed March 13, 2017 via mobile

Excellent, not your run of the mill Italian restaurant. Food was delicious. I can recommend the chicken, which was stuffed and wrapped with bacon sauce with grapes and leeks. My friends also were impressed with their food.

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed March 13, 2017

This has become my new "best" restaurant in Mississauga, the staff are great, very accommodating and attention to detail. TYhey go out of their way to make you feel welcome, and the food never fails.