WINNER WONDERLAND

The South-Western Bathhouse Tea Room
Ranked #3 of 44 Coffee & Tea in Mississauga
Cuisines: Russian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Seating
Description: We are a family business dedicated to preserving the Russian Bathhouse tradition. We invite you to join us in this cultural staple! Call it a Sauna, Steam Room, Spa, Baths or Banya, it's an ideal place to unwind and enjoy good company! Our facilities include a traditional Russian Banya, a dry Finnish Sauna and a Turkish Hamam. Robes, towels, slippers, lockers and a premium selection of teas are provided free of charge.
Mississauga, Canada
“The best place for R & R”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

I took my mom with me and we both truly enjoyed it, eventhough, it's our first time in a place like this. I've been to a sauna before, but this place is amazing, since you can try 3 similar styles of sauna. (russian, turkish, finnish) If you go to banya.ca, there are pictures of the facility to whet your appetite:) Speaking of appetite, they have an array of traditional home-cooked russian food. Their food is healthy, hearty & delicious for a reasonable price.

The place is not that big. I wouldn't want to go there when it's crowded. We were there on a tuesday so it was just all women. They open at 4pm until midnight.

• Visited December 2012
4 Thank ROADK21

Toronto, Canada
“Nicest banya near Mississauga/Etobicoke”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2012

I've been so many banyas before but this was different.

Food- I'm a foodie so first off the food was not only very affordable but it was like your mom cooking for you. I had the sausages and traditional Russian cake. They said everything is made from scratch and it made a difference.

Steam- The steam rooms are proper. Hot and nice to be in. I was surprised to see so many Canadians there because usually it's just Russians. I guess ppl are getting into it from all backgrounds

• 4 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank Sasha B
Toronto, Canada
“The best sauna in Toronto”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2012

My girlfriend and I were trying to find a true sauna in the greater Toronto area that specifically offered authentic Turkish steam baths. We were never able to find one; all of the places that said they had the authentic Turkish baths were tepid rooms with very little steam. And then we found this place: this is the real deal. The Turkish steam bath was full of steam and very hot and refreshing! A truly authentic experience.

Not only that, this sauna also offers a Russian style sauna called a banya that is again very refreshing and hot,with a cool off pool right next to it. There's also another classic type dry sauna that most of us are familiar with. There are a variety of complimentary teas offered to all patrons, which again are a nice touch amidst the relaxing atmosphere.

My girlfriend and I each got robes, towels, a locker with magnetic lock bracelet, and access to all of the saunas and tea for 30 bucks each, which is a great value. There's a little restaurant in there too that makes home-cooked authentic Russian food for good prices.

Overall my experience was great. The staff, which consists of a husband/wife team and their daughter, were very welcoming and helpful. The facilities were clean and easy to navigate. The clientele was respectful. The food was good. I have nothing bad to say about the place.

My only concern is that its location is in the side alley of a commercial plaza, and it has no sign at the front to indicate its presence to passers by. Granted, when my girlfriend and I went there were a lot of people there, but I think more people should know about this place.

11 Thank MaestroBobCobb
Toronto, Canada
“Best Sauna around Toronto!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2012

The decorations are so nice and the three steam rooms are quality. The food is really the best. The owners are a nice married Russian couple. They will chat with you and introduce you to real Russian customs and food! Love the atmosphere! Only wish it was less for entry as I end up spending so much on food. The food is a great price though.

Not sure why there are reviews below about a place in Texas! This place is in Mississauga, Canada!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank Beth O
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“If you like Borsch, this...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2009

If you like Borsch, this is your place.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook